@BSLMikeRandall

#3 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 09:49 PM

We proved on the field that we are the best team in the NFL. Anything short of hosting the Lombardi is a disappointing season.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#4 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 10:19 PM

We proved on the field that we are the best team in the NFL. Anything short of hosting the Lombardi is a disappointing season.

They have to get over the hump of the divisional round. 

Normally when it comes to conference championships, Super Bowl, if you don't win you hope it's a game they still played well. Getting to and winning a SB is hard. 

I say normally because the numbers like DVOA, the amount of wins against other top teams, the amount of time the Ravens have led in games this season, place them in the company of all-time best teams and other Super Bowl champions. If they come up short of winning it all, they likely will have done it to themselves. 

One game at a time though. Zero excuse for losing this game. I don't care if Stroud has gotten better as the season has gone on. This isn't the Titans being under-seeded as a 6 and upsetting Tom Brady before coming here. This is a team that didn't clinch until the Jags crapped the bed and they beat the sorriest excuse for a franchise in history of the league, on thier 5th QB of the season. 

• 85Knight likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 10:37 PM

They have the best roster in the AFC right now. Short of turnovers and bad in game coaching, they'll be in Vegas in a month I think. Rarely am I this confident about anything in sports. :)

San Fran would be a new game, wouldn't read much in to the last game. Still give the Ravens a slight advantage but no surprise either way in that one. I think they handle the Lions comfortably again if it's them.

#6 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:16 AM

Playing a home game in a dome is one thing, let's see how it goes for Houston on the road and in the Cold...

• BobPhelan likes this

#7 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:19 AM

I know most of you on here wanted a Steelers rematch but I am extremely happy that didn't happen.  I've had my fill of those MF's from our division.  I'm sick of looking at them.  Houston is a decent team and it's not an impossibility for them to come into Baltimore and upset the Ravens.  But it would be a bitter disappointment if that happened and if I'm the owner, I'd have to seriously ponder if I was ever going to win another Super Bowl with Harbaugh.  Could I live with them reaching the AFC Championship and losing to the Bills or Chiefs?  Maybe.  Losing to Houston, however, would be devastating.  Barring turnovers, costly penalties and just an overall "heads up your ass" performance, the Ravens should win by 10-14 points. 

• Mike in STL and Ravens2006 like this

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 07:40 AM

No game should be looked at as a should be double digit win. Youre just setting yourself up for massive disappointment. Baltimore is the better team who had the better reg season but now its a lose goes home tournament. Crazy things happen in the NFL every week. That craziness doesnt go away just because its the playoffs. I expect Houston to bring it. I thought Ryan had a good defensive plan in week 1 and had Lamar confused at times. Stroud now playing with a ton of confidence. This is a tight game on paper. The Ravens arent going to be able to bring their B- game and scratch out a win. They have to bring the B+ or better game

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 09:24 AM

No game should be looked at as a should be double digit win. Youre just setting yourself up for massive disappointment. Baltimore is the better team who had the better reg season but now its a lose goes home tournament. Crazy things happen in the NFL every week. That craziness doesnt go away just because its the playoffs. I expect Houston to bring it. I thought Ryan had a good defensive plan in week 1 and had Lamar confused at times. Stroud now playing with a ton of confidence. This is a tight game on paper. The Ravens arent going to be able to bring their B- game and scratch out a win. They have to bring the B+ or better game

I think on paper, the Ravens are at least 10 points better.  If they wipe up the field with the Texans, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  But that doesn't mean it will happen.  The key will always be turnovers in the play-offs and if the Ravens play a clean game, Houston should lose by two scores.  That's what I expect but if it doesn't happen and they win by only a point, so be it.  I'll take the win.  The Texans are a decent team and Ryan has done a great job with them but they're not in the Ravens class, talent or performance wise. 

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 January 2024 - 12:01 PM

For me, Saturday can not get here fast enough.  Bring on the Texans, the cold, whatever, Let's Go Ravens.

@mikeghg

#11 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 12:15 PM

I think on paper, the Ravens are at least 10 points better. If they wipe up the field with the Texans, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. But that doesn't mean it will happen. The key will always be turnovers in the play-offs and if the Ravens play a clean game, Houston should lose by two scores. That's what I expect but if it doesn't happen and they win by only a point, so be it. I'll take the win. The Texans are a decent team and Ryan has done a great job with them but they're not in the Ravens class, talent or performance wise.

I agree. There's a big difference between what should happen and what can happen. We all know it's always any given Sunday but the the Ravens should win this game pretty handily. A win is a win but we want to see this team come out laser focused and well rested. A double digit win is not beyond expectations.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 12:19 PM

The probability of winning handily is less than 30% of the time. Its the div round of the playoffs and thats a good team that doesnt turn the ball over. Its gonna be a battle unless we force some turnovers

But Im not surprised people still underrate the Texans. Most of you thought Old Man Joe and Cle was gonna beat them on the road.

#13 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 12:30 PM

I seem to recall us playing another star rookie QB to begin our quest towards our last Super Bowl victory when the Colts came to Baltimore.

#14 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 12:40 PM

A few interesting things about the Texans on defense.

23rd in passing yards allowed, first in passing TD allowed.

6th in rushing yards allowed, 27th in rushing TD allowed.

Overall they're 11th in points allowed, 14th in yards allowed.

It would be really nice to get up on them early by at least two scores and take the wind out of their sails.

They remind me of the 2008 Ravens. Rookie QB, rookie HC, playing well. The 2008 Ravens made it to the AFCCG, hope the Texans run ends on Saturday.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:00 PM

I don't underestimate the Texans.  I just don't think they're as good as we are.  And I don't think which round of the play-offs dictates whether games will be close or not.  You'll have blowouts in any round.  

• Mike in STL likes this

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:04 PM

They werent as good as us over a 16 game schedule. Im also fine saying we are more talented. The Rangers werent better than the Orioles. The Titans werent better than us in '19. The 2012 Ravens werent better than the Broncos and Pats. Its a one shot deal. That team is going to bring it. I fully expect their best shot so we better be on our A game.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:37 PM

ESPN: NFL playoffs divisional round: Schedule, previews for AFC, NFC

https://www.espn.com...chedule-afc-nfc

FPI projection: BAL, 81.7%
Opening line: BAL -9 (45.5)

What to know: Welcome back to the postseason, Lamar Jackson. The leading candidate for NFL MVP will start his first postseason game since the 2020 season. Jackson was injured and missed Baltimore's lone playoff game last season, but his presence gives the Ravens their biggest reason for optimism in making a run at the Super Bowl.

For the Texans, it's a chance to shock the world. But for rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud and rookie coach DeMeco Ryans, it will be a massive test against a Baltimore defense that led the NFL in sacks during the regular season (60). Houston will be facing the hottest team in the league down the stretch, as the Ravens won six of their past seven games. And since Week 11, Baltimore has the highest point margin in the NFL (plus-90). -- Holder

Why the Ravens will win: The 2023 Ravens' defense finished sixth in EPA per play (minus-0.1) among all teams over the past 10 seasons. Baltimore's incredible defense -- with all its simulated pressure that seems to constantly create sack opportunities -- gives the Ravens a great chance against anyone.

I haven't even mentioned the likely league MVP yet. Jackson finished the season hot, with incredible performances against the 49ers and the Dolphins to close out his regular season (he sat in Week 18). With real receivers on this offense, including Zay Flowers and Odell Beckham Jr., every play is a constant dual threat of Jackson's legs and arm. Baltimore can win with offense or defense (heck, or even special teams). And that's why the Ravens are so tough. -- Walder

Why the Texans will win: Well, how about Stroud? Sure, there are other reasons -- from receiver Nico Collins to rookie edge rusher Will Anderson Jr. -- to like Houston, but what Stroud has done in recent weeks gives the Texans hope against anyone. And that includes Baltimore. Since Week 16, Stroud ranks third in QBR, behind only Jackson and Love. Stroud is a rookie growing into the professional quarterback he'll become before our eyes, and the progression is happening fast. He's already at the point that Houston has become dangerous.

Oh, and the only defense that was better than Baltimore this season? Cleveland. And Stroud handled that test just fine in the wild-card round. -- Walder

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 01:39 PM

CBS Sports: 2024 NFL divisional round playoff picks, schedule: Bills beat Chiefs in thriller, Texans shock Ravens

https://www.cbssport...rs-top-packers/

#19 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 02:43 PM

They werent as good as us over a 16 game schedule. Im also fine saying we are more talented. The Rangers werent better than the Orioles. The Titans werent better than us in '19. The 2012 Ravens werent better than the Broncos and Pats. Its a one shot deal. That team is going to bring it. I fully expect their best shot so we better be on our A game.

Of course upsets can happen. That's not the point. Vegas has the Ravens as 9 pt. favorites for a reason just like the 49ers are 10 pt. favorites. What we're saying that if the Ravens bring their A game this shouldn't be close.

By the way I picked the Texans over the Browns.

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 16 January 2024 - 02:47 PM

If the Texans also bring their A game we wont win by double digits.

Btw Ill be shocked if that line doesnt move in Hou's favor. It wont get to 7 but I could see it at 7.5 come Sat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=