#61 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:37 AM

Andrews was a full participant yesterday, reasonable to expect maybe 20-30 plays from him Saturday?

I'll happily eat crow on this one as I didn't think he had any chance to play this weekend.

If he's a full participant today, I think he'll be in on 3rd downs mostly. Maybe 15-20 snaps is snaps is my guess.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#62 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 12:38 PM

Andrews was a full participant yesterday, reasonable to expect maybe 20-30 plays from him Saturday?

It definitely sounds like he's a go. They'll probably work him in slowly.

#63 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,438 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 12:54 PM

Not having Humphrey is a bigger deal than having Andrews

#64 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:00 PM

Im not a fan of confident Sean posts. Feels icky

Texans got blown out by the Jets. They also lost to Carolina. I think you overrate them.

They may have a hot hand and that is always something to worry about but unless rust is a factor we are clearly the better team.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself, who knows.  I just have a feeling I'm going to be feeling silly for being so nervous come 7:30 Pm on Saturday.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#65 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,438 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:22 PM

Texans got blown out by the Jets. They also lost to Carolina. I think you overrate them.

They may have a hot hand and that is always something to worry about but unless rust is a factor we are clearly the better team.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself, who knows.  I just have a feeling I'm going to be feeling silly for being so nervous come 7:30 Pm on Saturday.

Well if youre nervous just do your standard nervous thing instead of scaring all of us projecting confidence

We are the better team but so was Dallas. And yes Dallas is better than GB despite that outcome

#66 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:11 PM

Well if youre nervous just do your standard nervous thing instead of scaring all of us projecting confidence

We are the better team but so was Dallas. And yes Dallas is better than GB despite that outcome

I think it takes a Dallas-like meltdown to lose. And that was quite the meltdown. 2 INT including a pick-6 and their WRs were wide the F open all day long. Some of the widest open receivers I've seen in my life.

But there is the Jinx factor. I'm 3-3 at home this year. I won't even mention my Orioles home record.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#67 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,438 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:24 PM

Ill just say it. I worry if Lamar is up for the task in the big moments. And its not that I think hes incapable but I think he could feel the pressure and he might not handle that aspect of it well.

#68 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:36 PM

Ill just say it. I worry if Lamar is up for the task in the big moments. And its not that I think hes incapable but I think he could feel the pressure and he might not handle that aspect of it well.

I think sometimes he seems super hyped up in big situations. See the SF game prior to the safety. Lately he has been able to calm down and get back to normal relatively quickly. See the SF game after the safety. Doesn't always happen, Miami was a big game and he was good from the start. Who knows. The past month was a lot of pressure though and he was great overall, I don't think playoff pressure necessarily has to be some sort of different thing. Hopefully.

• Mike B likes this

#69 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:52 PM

Of course ANYTHING can happen... but I really have this gut feeling that if the Ravens can start well and score early, get a lead of any kind... that probably quickly erases any and all self-doubt some of the players might have, and I expect they roll from there if they do.  We won't shut out Houston, but they're going to be hard-pressed to break 13 to 20 unless we hand them the ball in great field position multiple times.

#70 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,438 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:57 PM

I think sometimes he seems super hyped up in big situations. See the SF game prior to the safety. Lately he has been able to calm down and get back to normal relatively quickly. See the SF game after the safety. Doesn't always happen, Miami was a big game and he was good from the start. Who knows. The past month was a lot of pressure though and he was great overall, I don't think playoff pressure necessarily has to be some sort of different thing. Hopefully.

Exactly. Just hope there is no switch just because its the playoffs but youre right to point out the SF and Miami games. Those were big games and he was brilliant.

#71 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,652 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 January 2024 - 03:54 PM

It looks like Marlon is out for Saturday.  That sucks, but I would rather him sit, then play hurt and get burned.

Just over 48 hours away.  Let's Go Ravens!

It has been 53 years since Baltimore hosted an AFC Championship game.  The Baltimore Colts beat the Raiders and went on to win the Super Bowl/  I was 13 years old and was there.  I think I am do to go to another.  Get it done Ravens!!

• DuffMan likes this
@mikeghg

#72 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:01 PM

It looks like Marlon is out for Saturday.  That sucks, but I would rather him sit, then play hurt and get burned.

Just over 48 hours away.  Let's Go Ravens!

It has been 53 years since Baltimore hosted an AFC Championship game.  The Baltimore Colts beat the Raiders and went on to win the Super Bowl/  I was 13 years old and was there.  I think I am do to go to another.  Get it done Ravens!!

Humphrey is chronically hurt now and when he was out there, didn't look particularly good.  Losing him for the game isn't devastating news like it would be if Roquan was out.  The secondary without Humphrey has been fine. 

• DuffMan likes this

#73 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:07 PM

It is official....Humphrey has been declared out. Ditto for Tylan Wallce. Andrews and Duv are questionable. Cook officially on the 53 man roster.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#74 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:12 PM

Stephens >>> Humphrey.

We can make the secondary work with Hamilton, Williams, Stone, Stephens, Darby, Maulett.

Just hope we don't see Ya Sin unless we're up 3 or 4 scores late.

#75 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:15 PM

Stephens >>> Humphrey.

We can make the secondary work with Hamilton, Williams, Stone, Stephens, Darby, Maulett.

Yeah, Ya Sin has looked lost out there. 

#76 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:27 PM

Same was said about Peyton early on.

I think Lamar has shown he can handle the big moments as they have come to him over last 3 years. OTOH It has been 3 years since his last playoff game though. And he hasn’t played a game in 3 weeks. So rust could be a factor. Really hope to get a score early and control the game from beginning to end.

#77 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:34 PM

Of course ANYTHING can happen... but I really have this gut feeling that if the Ravens can start well and score early, get a lead of any kind... that probably quickly erases any and all self-doubt some of the players might have, and I expect they roll from there if they do. We won't shut out Houston, but they're going to be hard-pressed to break 13 to 20 unless we hand them the ball in great field position multiple times.

Yeah, start out 10-0 or 14-0 pretty quickly and all thoughts of rust or playoff Lamar go away. A couple 3 and outs and we let them get that kind of lead and we could have problems, get tight, start pressing. That’s the main way I foresee losing.

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:51 PM

#79 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:58 PM

SB Nation Texans: Texans Value of Things: Roses and Thorns— Baltimore Ravens edition

https://www.battlere...-ravens-edition

#80 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,652 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 January 2024 - 05:06 PM

Stephens >>> Humphrey.

I think Ar'Darius Washington gets activated for Saturday and joins the mix.

I don't think Rock is awful.  I think he will be active.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=