#81 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,651 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 January 2024 - 07:53 PM

I’m starting to get worried. I may put $300 on Houston spread. Maybe I get lucky and we win by less than 10

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#82 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 09:20 PM

I’m starting to get worried. I may put $300 on Houston spread. Maybe I get lucky and we win by less than 10

IMO its the most likely outcome. We win but dont cover.

#83 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 10:44 AM

The Ravens win this game 34-20. Stroud will make a few big plays and throw for over 200 yds. but the Ravens defense will come up big when it needs to.

The difference in this game will be Lamar and the Ravens offense. The Texans defense won't be able to slow down a rested and motivated offense that will score early and often.

The Texans have gotten better as the season has progressed but so have the Ravens. At the end of the day the Ravens are just way more talented and that will be too much for the Texans to overcome.

#84 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 10:54 AM

24-6 Ravens. Nice season, rook. It ends here, in a humbling way. 

6 is in garbage time with a missed two-point attempt.

@BSLMikeRandall

#85 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2024 - 11:39 AM

No Andrews, per Rappaport. He's not quite ready yet.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#86 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,909 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 11:45 AM

That's a bummer. Really wasn't expecting him back at all when the injury occurred but still sucks. Be nice to have him back for the potential AFCCG if they win tomorrow.

#87 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 12:13 PM

That's a bummer. Really wasn't expecting him back at all when the injury occurred but still sucks. Be nice to have him back for the potential AFCCG if they win tomorrow.

It didn't surprise or disappoint me that he wasn't activated. They've done fine without him. The way he was talking to the press this week, it does sound like if they advance with a win tomorrow, he has a decent chance of playing in the Championship game. Either way, I didn't expect him back this year so it's not something I've thought about that much.

#88 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 12:15 PM

I'm a little hesitant to predict too many points because the weather is going to be brutal but maybe the Texans turn the ball over a couple of times and it leads to quick scores.  That's my hope.  

RAVENS 24; TEXANS 13

#89 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2024 - 04:07 PM

Duvernay and Ar'Darius Washington have been activated.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#90 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 19 January 2024 - 08:01 PM

I think you can make a narrative here for any result you want.   I can see a path for Houston to win.  They are a fast team, and they are playing with house money.  No matter what happens, they've gone further than anyone could see.  The Ravens could come out tight, rusty or whatever you want to call it and the ball could bounce Houston's way.  The pressure is more on the Ravens.  If they lose, the stories will be all about Lamar Jackson in the playoffs and how this team choked away two #1 seeds in 4 years.  

But I've weighed this game a number of ways and I still keep coming back to two things.  First, the Ravens are a much better team.  Second, Houston has had a great season, they have a bright future with Stroud, but they aren't a great team.  They were one fourth down catch from an Indy player to potentially being eliminated on the last week of the season.  Tennessee took them to overtime before Houston won.  They lost to Carolina, and the Jets hammered them.  Their stats are way better in Houston then on the road.  

I see Houston hanging around first half.  I see the Ravens being a little rusty, maybe Lamar being a little tight.  The wind may affect both QBs.  In the end, I see the Ravens pulling away in the second half.   

The next game is the tough one.  Can only be Buffalo or KC coming to Baltimore if the Ravens win.  And both of those teams have been there, done that, and aren't afraid of weather.  And the weather next weekend will be about 30 degrees warmer than tomorrow.  Buffalo would come into Baltimore as the hottest team in the league.  KC would be one step away from an improbable SB the way their season has gone.  And both could win that game.  That's the real game, if it happens.  

One more thing.  A Houston win tomorrow would be the feel good story of the NFL for the media.  I think that's why some people are worried about tomorrow.  The media keeps pumping them up.  A Raven's loss would be absolutely devastating for the franchise.  No way can you lose a division game as a number one seed twice in four years.  I would say it triggers changes, but what changes?  Harbaugh out?  Not unless he steps down.  QB is signed and sealed.  So what changes could there be?

I just don't see it.   Ravens 38   Texans 17

• PrimeTime and jamesdean like this

#91 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 04:22 AM

The Ravens win this game 34-20.

Also my score prediction, though the weather could keep the points down.
@DaKittenz

#92 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,398 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 09:35 AM

Think Mackus said earlier in this thread he sees the Texans taking the early lead before the Ravens pull away.

To me that's the game.

Houston will come out with zero expectations and will be looking to hit you in the mouth.

If you have some immediate adversity, how do you respond?

Do you get tight?
Does the crowd get tight?
Do you just roll with it and move on?

If the Ravens get up early, they could really roll.

As we said on the pods, Houston is good enough to beat the Ravens...but I think the Ravens would have to help them.

If the Ravens play their game without unforced errors, they win.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this

#93 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:02 AM

Think Mackus said earlier in this thread he sees the Texans taking the early lead before the Ravens pull away.

To me that's the game.

Houston will come out with zero expectations and will be looking to hit you in the mouth.

If you have some immediate adversity, how do you respond?

Do you get tight?
Does the crowd get tight?
Do you just roll with it and move on?

If the Ravens get up early, they could really roll.

As we said on the pods, Houston is good enough to beat the Ravens...but I think the Ravens would have to help them.

If the Ravens play their game without unforced errors, they win.

I think this is right.  If the Ravens start fast, I think this is going to be a lot of fun.  If they start slow, we are going to be biting our nails.  

The wind and cold worry me a little only because LJ clearly hates cold weather and has trouble with the wind.  

I believe that if the Ravens win today, they will relax and will be heading to Las Vegas.  Get it done Ravens.

@mikeghg

#94 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:10 AM

I said it on The Bank and I'll say it here....no disrespect to the Texans by any means but this postseason is all about Baltimore and specifically, about Lamar.

It's his time to exorcise the remaining demons and take away the last thing that the detractors have on him; 1-3. Jackson's singular focus to win a Super Bowl. is going to be what carries him and the Ravens on this postseason run.

Furthermore, the pieces around Jackson are almost perfectly positioned. Improved pass catchers, an OC that's helped him get to the next level and a defense that's not just complimentary but playmaking.

Being as we haven't played a meaningful snap since New Years Eve, it's almost easy to forget how dominant the Ravens have been. I think many in the media have done just this.

Bottom line, to reiterate what Chris said, if the Ravens play clean football, they should roll this afternoon.
  • makoman likes this
@primetime667083

#95 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:30 AM

Lamar has another test to pass. Its very cold and windy. He hasnt played a real game in 3 weeks. Im concerned. I hope he shoves it in my face
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#96 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,651 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:30 AM

I’m getting WORRIED

I need a drink

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#97 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:33 AM

And I do think its gonna fall on Lamar. And Stroud too for that matter. Very much a QB matchup here. Hou stops the run very well. Weve struggled against the run of late so if either guy is gonna get a bit more help from the run game Id think it will be Stroud.

#98 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,514 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 10:36 AM

Btw if we do get by today I wont be as concerned about next week. At least I dont think I will. And KC and Buf are both better teams than Hou but a lot of things point to today being a real test we have to pass. I will be shocked if it ends up being easy or comfortable.

#99 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 11:13 AM

I said it on The Bank and I'll say it here....no disrespect to the Texans by any means but this postseason is all about Baltimore and specifically, about Lamar.

It's his time to exorcise the remaining demons and take away the last thing that the detractors have on him; 1-3. Jackson's singular focus to win a Super Bowl. is going to be what carries him and the Ravens on this postseason run.

Furthermore, the pieces around Jackson are almost perfectly positioned. Improved pass catchers, an OC that's helped him get to the next level and a defense that's not just complimentary but playmaking.

Being as we haven't played a meaningful snap since New Years Eve, it's almost easy to forget how dominant the Ravens have been. I think many in the media have done just this.

Bottom line, to reiterate what Chris said, if the Ravens play clean football, they should roll this afternoon.

You're right. The Ravens have been dominant this year. We can look at all 4 losses and easily find a path to this team being 17-0 and the way they beat up on the better teams was really impressive. If they bring their A game the next 3 they will be hoisting the Lombardi.

It goes without saying that this is the "any given Sunday" NFL but if the Ravens lose it's because they beat themselves. If the Texans bring their A game and the Ravens do the same we still win this game pretty comfortably.

#100 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 11:14 AM

And I do think its gonna fall on Lamar. And Stroud too for that matter. Very much a QB matchup here. Hou stops the run very well. Weve struggled against the run of late so if either guy is gonna get a bit more help from the run game Id think it will be Stroud.

We're still first in the league in rushing yards, 3rd in YPC. Hou is 22nd in yards, 29th in YPC. Of course defense matters, but If either rushing game is ready to help out, it doesn't feel like Houston's. They've had 11 games under 100 yards rushing, we've had 0. We've allowed 100 9 times, they've allowed it 7 times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=