2648 replies to this topic

#61 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 11:37 AM

Reminds me of how we can "book it" that the Orioles are going to sign a big time FA.

Hey, it’s only January 19th man. Lol.
@BSLMikeRandall

#62 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,010 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 11:49 AM

Hey, it’s only January 19th man. Lol.

Adam Frazier doesn't count as big time?
  • Mike in STL likes this

#63 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 12:34 PM

What time is the presser?  Expecting a bunch of avoidance and non-answers, but still morbidly interested.

#64 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2023 - 12:44 PM

What time is the presser?  Expecting a bunch of avoidance and non-answers, but still morbidly interested.

I believe it's a 2:30.

And you're 100% on point.....non answers but morbid curiosity.

• Mackus likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#65 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,010 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 12:52 PM

When a question about Roman comes up I'm sure the answer will be something like "as of now Roman is the OC."

Probably a similar line about LJ.

#66 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 01:09 PM

He gone. Wish it was Harbaugh, but better than complete status quo. Harbaugh remains an in game problem.

#67 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 01:12 PM

Greg Roman has resigned.

• Dupin likes this

#68 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,780 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for 2019, Greg, but it was definitely time.  Hope we can find someone who can maintain the running dominance while advancing the sophistication and effectiveness of the passing game.

• You Play to Win the Game and JStruds like this

#69 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 01:17 PM

Greg Roman has resigned.

Good news.  Now, let's try to control John from hiring someone off his staff who is probably just as clueless on how to operate a passing offense. 

• Dupin and bmore_ken like this

#70 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 01:32 PM

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

• Dupin and jamesdean like this

#71 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:13 PM

DeCosta was just asked about Ben Powers. Sounds like he's all but gone. He played well and likely priced himself out of town.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#72 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:14 PM

Jamison Hensley just asked DeCosta if Lamar Jackson would be his starting quarterback in 2023. DeCosta paused for a moment, then very confidently said "I don't see any reason why not." 

@primetime667083

#73 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:18 PM

Jamison Hensley just asked DeCosta if Lamar Jackson would be his starting quarterback in 2023. DeCosta paused for a moment, then very confidently said "I don't see any reason why not." 

What else can he say at this point?  That's him basically saving face that they're not the ones causing the rift. 

#74 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:38 PM

What else can he say at this point?  That's him basically saving face that they're not the ones causing the rift. 

He could just as easily say something like, "We're going to continue negotiations shortly" or some other throw away line. There was a certain conviction to EDC when he answered the question. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

@primetime667083

#75 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:40 PM

He could just as easily say something like, "We're going to continue negotiations shortly" or some other throw away line. There was a certain conviction to EDC when he answered the question. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

It could be he's sick of talking about it.  Who knows.  I didn't see the exchange so I'm going by what you posted. 

• Mike B likes this

#76 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:45 PM

EDC on the Lamar negotiations: "When this thing is over, we're going to feel like a million bucks."

No, Eric, Lamar is going to feel like 100 or 200 million bucks.

#77 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:45 PM

My buddy told me that Harbaugh said if they were playing this week that Lamar would be able to play.

I think he’s literally trolling us at this point. Says nothing about injuries ever. The first week we don’t have a game, he can play now!

Follow up question, was any of this contract related?
@BSLMikeRandall

#78 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:54 PM

EDC on the Lamar negotiations: "When this thing is over, we're going to feel like a million bucks."

No, Eric, Lamar is going to feel like 100 or 200 million bucks.

He's probably been having wet dreams about all the high draft picks they'd get in a trade. 

#79 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:55 PM

My buddy told me that Harbaugh said if they were playing this week that Lamar would be able to play.

I think he’s literally trolling us at this point. Says nothing about injuries ever. The first week we don’t have a game, he can play now!

Follow up question, was any of this contract related?

Someone did ask if Lamar's playing status or lack thereof was contract related. I believe they both spoke on the topic and were effusive in their praise of hard Lamar was working to get back. DeCosta emphasized that Jackson was hurt. 

@primetime667083

#80 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 January 2023 - 03:57 PM

It could be he's sick of talking about it.  Who knows.  I didn't see the exchange so I'm going by what you posted. 

Like I said, I could be reading it wrong or seeing what I wanted to see but the way EDC answered the question certainly gave me the impression that he had every intention of retaining Lamar Jackson. But again, what do I know?

@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=