2023 Ravens General Talk

• Please log in to reply
2648 replies to this topic

#661 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 12:50 PM

As I said, much ado about nothing. I'm surprised there's not a report every time he takes a dump.  :mrgreen:

My favorite was the dump he took in Cleveland before coming back to win the game with a touchdown pass.

• DuffMan and bmore_ken like this

#662 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,636 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 May 2023 - 02:29 PM

Man, I'm really going to miss Chuck Clark not being a good football player.

Clark is a good player.  It is disappointing he is running his mouth.

I don't get the disrespected crap.  He was basically the defense captain, wearing the dot and playing every player.

They also backed him in all the Earl Thomas stuff.

@mikeghg

#663 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:42 AM

Clark is a good player. It is disappointing he is running his mouth.
I don't get the disrespected crap. He was basically the defense captain, wearing the dot and playing every player.

Eh. Clark's OK.... I've seen his Ravens defenses get torched enough to not be upset that he's in NY.

#664 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 06:03 AM

Clark is a good player.  It is disappointing he is running his mouth.

I don't get the disrespected crap.  He was basically the defense captain, wearing the dot and playing every player.

This is the reason I hate twitter. 

#665 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:38 AM

That was a quote straight from the horses mouth, and it wasnt taken out of context for twitter engagement. I rewatched his part of the presser to be sure.

#666 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:25 PM

That was a quote straight from the horses mouth, and it wasnt taken out of context for twitter engagement. I rewatched his part of the presser to be sure.

Just because it's the way you really feel, whether it's true or not, doesn't mean it's good to express publically. I agree that is the problem with Twitter; it's designed for sniping and impulsive bitching. I know a lot of people like that, think this is stuff everyone should know. I personally do not.

• bmore_ken likes this

#667 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:38 PM

Clark was talking to the press, none of this has anything to do with twitter.

#668 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 02:57 PM

Its a business. Clark is an avg S. The Ravens werent planning on drafting Hamilton but he fell and the WRs went ahead of them. Once that card went in Clarks time was up. They had already payed big money to Williams and now just took a S in the top 15. Im sure the Ravens had talked to him about holding down the starting gig for awhile but they cant pass up a superior talent in the draft just because they planned on the avg starter staying in place. I get that it stings but have a little awareness of the caliber of player you are in this league

#669 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,636 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 May 2023 - 03:02 PM

Clark was doing a presser.  Twitter picked up on it, but it came from Chuck.

@mikeghg

#670 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:12 AM

https://ravenswire.u...n-social-media/

Seems Marcus Peters wants to return. Could use the depth and experience.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#671 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:30 AM

https://ravenswire.u...n-social-media/

Seems Marcus Peters wants to return. Could use the depth and experience.

He wants to return because no else is biting.  If he's healthy, I wouldn't mind bringing him back.  But he needs to be better than he was last year. 

#672 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,875 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 07:51 AM

Peters back on a Jimmy Smith special has been of interest to me all along.  That's a good deal for everybody assuming Peters wants to keep playing and can't find a bigger offer.

• BSLChrisStoner and DuffMan like this

#673 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 08:26 AM

Yeah Peters definitely lost something, but if he's the 3rd guy and paid like it I'm good with that. Maybe he even gets a little speed back another year away from the injury, though you can't count on it.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#674 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 08:48 AM

Im def down for the Jimmy Smith special but thats def would it will take too

#675 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:44 AM

Go ahead and bring both Peters and Houston back when they're ready. They'll both be cheap enough contracts. Peters can be a part-time player that allows them to move Humphrey inside at times, freeing up Hamilton to move around and be more of a chess piece rather than a full-time nickel. Give the defense more flexibility to play different looks and matchups. It's what the defense should've been last year but Fuller went down.

Hopefully some of the young CBs will step up this season too, but I'd feel better if that wasn't a necessity. If it's not Peters they bring back at some point, then another veteran like Fuller, Callahan, or whoever. There's a handful of similar options out there.

#676 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 12:49 PM

Hopkins just got released as well...

#677 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,732 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 12:51 PM

I'd have been OK with Hopkins before OBJ.

#678 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:00 PM

Hopkins just got released as well...

If they could find a way to make it work, it would be hilarious to go from the years-long, on-going problem with the WR room to an embarrassment of riches that quickly. I think it's fair to assume he'll cost more than a combination of Peters and Houston type contracts.

But if we want to go off of Hopkins list of QBs he said he'd like to play with, the Bills and Chiefs have no cap space, the Eagles and Chargers have only marginally more space than the Ravens.

#679 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:06 PM

If they could find a way to make it work, it would be hilarious to go from the years-long, on-going problem with the WR room to an embarrassment of riches that quickly. I think it's fair to assume he'll cost more than a combination of Peters and Houston type contracts.

But if we want to go off of Hopkins list of QBs he said he'd like to play with, the Bills and Chiefs have no cap space, the Eagles and Chargers have only marginally more space than the Ravens.

Haven’t really looked but everyone of these probably has some sort of restructuring available if they want to use it. Mahomes could free up $24M. Plus now that he’s a FA you can structure the deal so this year is low.

I wanted him in January, at this point I’d probably prefer depth at other places.

#680 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:07 PM

Also haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Tony Jefferson retired and joined the Ravens as a scout. Cool to see guys come back to coach or work with the team after playing.

• Mike B likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=