2648 replies to this topic

#641 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,393 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 09:53 AM

The organization isn't going to say anything negative about him not showing up but they have to be disappointed, if not pissed.  I don't think Bisciotti is thrilled with it. 

#642 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 May 2023 - 09:56 AM

Hard to see why people didn’t expect this given what he’s shown RE “leadership” to this point.

People often confuse production and fun as leadership. It isn’t. Being good, being a freak, doesn’t make you a leader.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#643 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:04 AM

The organization isn't going to say anything negative about him not showing up but they have to be disappointed, if not pissed.  I don't think Bisciotti is thrilled with it. 

I doubt he cares one way or the other. I'm sure he has more important things to worry about than whether Lamar shows up for voluntary workouts or not 

#644 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,668 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:26 AM

Lamar is at OTA's today.

@mikeghg

#645 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,668 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:26 AM

I doubt he cares one way or the other. I'm sure he has more important things to worry about than whether Lamar shows up for voluntary workouts or not 

If I paid out the money SB did to LAmar, I would care and I bet he does too.  That said, he is there today, so good on him.

@mikeghg

#646 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:55 AM

If I paid out the money SB did to LAmar, I would care and I bet he does too. That said, he is there today, so good on him.

Turns out this was much to do about nothing but I'm glad he's there. The optics it shows to his teammates and the fans is an important part of the equation. Now we can move on to the football side of things.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#647 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 11:07 AM

Turns out this was much to do about nothing but I'm glad he's there. The optics it shows to his teammates and the fans is an important part of the equation. Now we can move on to the football side of things.

These things don't bother me. 

Flacco always caught hell for not spending the offseason with his receivers. But Mark Sanchez always spent the offseason with his guys. There is no conclusion to draw from either approach. 

There is the FA frenzy, the draft, the schedule release...now it's just time to hit snooze until August. Unless something major happens off the field, nothing matters right now. 

• makoman likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#648 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 11:44 AM

Lamar is at OTA's today.

Good everyone can shut up about it now. 

#649 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 11:46 AM

These things don't bother me. 

Flacco always caught hell for not spending the offseason with his receivers. But Mark Sanchez always spent the offseason with his guys. There is no conclusion to draw from either approach. 

There is the FA frenzy, the draft, the schedule release...now it's just time to hit snooze until August. Unless something major happens off the field, nothing matters right now. 

Me either. Definitely much ado about nothing, but at least we can stop talking about it now. 

#650 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 04:37 PM

So Chuck Clark talking crap about the Ravens?

https://twitter.com/...ZVNjUa-Gbys4vDw

#651 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,056 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 05:24 PM

Man, I'm really going to miss Chuck Clark not being a good football player.

#652 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 05:44 PM

They disrespected him by giving him the green dot and having him play 100% of snaps.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mike B and BaltBird 24 like this

#653 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 23 May 2023 - 05:55 PM

Man, I'm really going to miss Chuck Clark not being a good football player.

He's good, but not great.  Hamilton looks like he might be great.

#654 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 06:35 PM

Jeff Z said Clark thought he would get an extension last offseason. Instead they got two better safeties. Makes sense he’s salty, but what’s the team gonna do, not try to get better?

#655 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:06 PM

If I paid out the money SB did to LAmar, I would care and I bet he does too.  That said, he is there today, so good on him.

In the long run, I don't think his not being there is going to cost the Ravens anything, but yeah if I were an owner paying a guy the biggest contract in NFL history, I would care.  I mean you just signed a contract worth 260 million dollars, what the hell else was more important for you to do rather than be in town at the start of OTAs, even if they are voluntary?   Aaron Rogers showed up for the first day of voluntary OTA's with the Jets.   Even if he's just there to meet the new guys, the new OC, that's what leaders do.  I guess maybe there was trouble with the brand that needed sorting out.  :-|  

#656 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:11 PM

They are overhauling the offense because of Lamar. OBJ, Agholar, 1st RD draft capital in the form of Flowers, and of course Monken. Sorry, but it matters. This isn’t about window dressing for me. I want him to be all in, since the Ravens just went all in for him.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#657 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 23 May 2023 - 09:42 PM

Harbaugh was on Adam Jones podcast and he made it sounded like he was perfectly fine with Lamar not being there right away because some of the receivers he would he playing with were either not there yet or still getting up to speed.

#658 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 10:44 PM

Harbaugh was on Adam Jones podcast and he made it sounded like he was perfectly fine with Lamar not being there right away because some of the receivers he would he playing with were either not there yet or still getting up to speed.

As I said, much ado about nothing. I'm surprised there's not a report every time he takes a dump.  :mrgreen:

#659 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,668 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 May 2023 - 10:47 AM

The Ravens signed Veteran DT Angelo Blackson from the Bears.

https://www.baltimor...son-free-agency

EDC is building depth into the roster.

@mikeghg

#660 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 10:57 AM

Justin Houston hasnt signed with anyone has he? Im still hopeful that gets done. Sounded like he wanted to be back here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=