Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2023 - 01:19 PM

They re extended him after the imjury. Think that was very questionable

I am pretty sure he took a paycut, and that was the deal.  

@mikeghg

#62 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 01:30 PM

Boyle signed an extension in 2021 and then agreed to a restructure in 2022. In all, Boyle took a $1.25 million pay cut for 2022, but the new deal included $1.25 million in NLTBE playing time incentives which, if reached (they weren't), would have counted against the Ravens' 2023 cap.

#63 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 01:46 PM

I'm not crazy about the 4:25 games either but they're better than the night ones. The networks definitely love the Ravens when it comes to prime time. It's been like that for a long time. I'm sure the organization takes it as a high compliment but for the fans, it sucks big time.

I guess I'm in the minority because I like night games. It gives me more time to get things done during the day.
  • BaltBird 24 and Mike in STL like this

#64 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2023 - 02:10 PM

I guess I'm in the minority because I like night games. It gives me more time to get things done during the day.

I like going to the night games, until I have to get up the next morning.   Seriously though, the Ravens do a great job with the lights and special effects at the game.  It is the getting home at 1 AM that sucks.

@mikeghg

#65 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,776 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 04:21 PM

Agreed. 1PM games seem like they ruin the day. Have to rush around before to get everything done or do after when you just want to sink in the couch and watch more football.

#66 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,776 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 04:26 PM

Ok, an underachiever

Sure, maybe. I feel like he never really had a chance to shine. Stuck behind Andrews here. Pitts in Atlanfa after having a solid year in 2020. Having a solid year in Cincinnati competing with Chase, Higgins, and Boyd for targets.

#67 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 04:29 PM

Welp, the Steelers are still alive as of now with New England beating the Dolphins, 23-21.

This is a devastating loss for Miami as 8-3 has now become 8-8 and they've been displaced by the Pats as the No. 7 seed. This has just been an epic collapse for the 'Fins and it's compounded by the sudden uncertainty at quarterback and no first-round pick in 2023.

#68 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 05:10 PM

The networks can block games from being flexed, however, so they have some say in which games get moved and which do not. Both CBS and Fox can protect a game a week within the 12-day notice period. 

All games for next week carry a TBA time designation. That's due to the networks having a six-day notice period for Week 18. We'll know tomorrow which games Fox and CBS chose to keep in their initial time slots.

It is true that the networks can protect a game and that the league required 12 day notice to flex games but I don't think it applies to week 18.  I believe the NFL has sole power to designate games on the final weekend of the season to insure that their prime time spots get meaningful games.

I forgot that the NFL also has two games scheduled for Saturday as well.  If the Ravens/Bengals game is for the division, it will not have any effect on the final AFC wild card spot, and obviously none on the AFC South winner so it is very possible the NFL could flex that game to the Saturday evening spot at 8pm on ABC.  It would be an attractive matchup without putting the Ravens on Sunday night two weeks in a row.  

#69 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 05:14 PM

I think you are right.  The NFL and the networks love the win or go home games.

Neither gives a rip about the fans and their plans.  We have talked about driving to Cincy if the game means anything.  I wish I knew what time we would play.

If you can keep you plans open, as I said above there is a chance the NFL could flex the Baltimore / Cincy game to the Saturday night game.  I'm sure they will pick two games for Saturday that don't affect anyone playing on Sunday and that would be a meaningful game that has no affect on the last AFC WC spot.  

#70 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2023 - 05:17 PM

Brutal sports day. Beating the Steelers would make it a great day. Let’s go Ravens!!!

#71 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 05:42 PM

There is a good chance the Ravens wind up playing Cincy in the wild card round. Unless it is for the division I sit Lamar week 18. Don't want to give the Bengals a free look.

I sit him regardless. 

#72 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 06:20 PM

Brutal sports day. Beating the Steelers would make it a great day. Let’s go Ravens!!!

One of those Sundays where someone either won a lot of money or lost a lot.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#73 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:13 PM

Sports are crazy.

#74 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:50 PM

The Vikings wetting the bed blew a 5 leg parlay for me. I hit a couple other games, so it's still been a good day but it could've been an amazing day.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#75 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:59 PM

By hook or by crook, ugly or pretty, doesn't matter tonight. Let's get this W and shovel dirt on the Steelers' season.
  • You Play to Win the Game and JStruds like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#76 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:11 PM

6 of the 8 NBC picks for Pittsburgh.

#77 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,776 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:17 PM

"Big play opportunities in the passing game for Tyler Huntley."

God, I love Collingsworth.

#78 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:19 PM

"Big play opportunities in the passing game for Tyler Huntley."

God, I love Collingsworth.

Let's hope he found that nut blindfolded.

#79 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:27 PM

Pittsburgh 2 for 2 on 3rd.

#80 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts