• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 10:58 AM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 70.1% chance of winning. 

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 12:04 PM

That’s too high. Especially if Huntley is QB again.
  • 85Knight likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 December 2022 - 12:17 PM

No it isn’t. I guess we have to go through this again, but Pittsburgh blows.

#4 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 12:42 PM

No it isn’t. I guess we have to go through this again, but Pittsburgh blows.

Won 4 of 5. Only loss is the game we knocked Pickett out early and Mitch gave us 3 early XMas gifts. They arent good but they are as good or better than us sans Lamar.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 12:43 PM

BTW here we go again but Pitt +3.5 has to be the play right now if you think Lamar is out. And I do think he is out.

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 December 2022 - 12:45 PM

No they aren’t. Look at who they’ve played and beaten. They’re not good. We’re better even with Huntley.

#7 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 06:34 PM

Pittsburgh could easily win this game.  I don't think for a second this is going to be easy.  It will go down to the wire like all their games with the Steelers and a costly turnover/FG will probably decide it.  You don't think they want to avoid the first losing season under Mike Tomlin?  That incentive alone will make it a tough game. 

#8 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 12:15 AM

I believe Pittsburgh's slim playoff hopes ended with the Chargers' win over the Colts tonight, but that doesn't mean they're still not dangerous. Sometimes a team that's playing out the string can be the most dangerous because they're more willing to take chances. And I'm sure the Steelers would like nothing more than to potentially end any chance of the Ravens winning the AFC North. 

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 06:13 AM

The Ravens can hand the Steelers their first losing season in 18 years.
  • DuffMan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 08:19 AM

The Ravens can hand the Steelers their first losing season in 18 years.

Which is what makes them dangerous Sunday night.  That more than anything.  It's not going to be easy and it will be ugly.  Limit mistakes, run the ball all night and head to Cincinnati 11-5. 

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 10:09 AM

The Steelers are well-coached and have a good defense. With Lamar out our offenses wash out. They'll be tough to beat.

Expect another low-scoring slug-fest that will go either way.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#12 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 11:44 AM

I believe Pittsburgh's slim playoff hopes ended with the Chargers' win over the Colts tonight, but that doesn't mean they're still not dangerous. Sometimes a team that's playing out the string can be the most dangerous because they're more willing to take chances. And I'm sure the Steelers would like nothing more than to potentially end any chance of the Ravens winning the AFC North. 

No, they are still mathematically alive.  Their path is not likely, but it is not as impossible looking as it was for both the Ravens and Steelers last year when they needed a highly unlikely Jacksonville upset of Indianapolis.

They need to win out against the Raven and the Browns.   They need NE to beat Miami this weekend and lose to Buffalo the last weekend.  They also need the Jets to beat Miami on the last weekend.   If that all happens the Steelers at 9-8 would be the 7th seed as a wildcard, probably playing KC.  

However, it is possible they will be eliminated by the time they take the field Sunday night.  If Miami can beat NE it will eliminate the Steelers from playoff contention.

On edit:  One important thing I forgot.  Seattle also needs to beat the Jets this weekend.  If the Jets win out they will eliminate the Steelers.  Makes it just a little bit tougher for Pittsburgh.  

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2022 - 02:19 PM

Let's beat them to make sure they do not get in and saddle them with a losing season.

Hopefully Huntley can have a good game.

@mikeghg

#14 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 02:26 PM

The Steelers are in that good spot where they aren't good, but also winning enough to not get a great draft pick (unless someone falls). Being a .500ish team is great.

#15 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 09:01 PM

A Miami or Jets win pretty much eliminates the Steelers. Its doubly bad since they lost to both teams and lose the tiebreaker to both. They could be playing for pride Sunday night.

#16 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 28 December 2022 - 09:29 PM

A Miami win eliminates the Steelers, a Jets win and Miami loss doesn't mathematically eliminate them, but they would need the Jets / Miami game next weekend to end in a tie.  So yeah, a Jets win means in all probability the Steelers are done.    

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2022 - 02:15 PM

Absent from Practice today.

QB L. Jackson RB J. Dobbins WR D. Robinson TE N. Boyle OL T. Colon CB M. Peters DB G. Stone DE C. Campbell

Not good...I am hoping some are rest days.

@mikeghg

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 02:31 PM

QB L. Jackson RB J. Dobbins WR D. Robinson TE N. Boyle OL T. Colon CB M. Peters DB G. Stone DE C. Campbell

Ugh. Its THur. THis isnt good. At least on the Peters and Campbell front. Hopefully Dobbins isnt anything noteworthy

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2022 - 02:38 PM

Ugh. Its THur. THis isnt good. At least on the Peters and Campbell front. Hopefully Dobbins isnt anything noteworthy

I am guessing JK is a rest day.  Let him work the knee on Sunday.

@mikeghg

#20 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 08:04 PM

Remember John Lennon's lost weekend?  This is Boyle's lost season.  SMDH

• russsnyder likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=