#41 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 31 December 2022 - 04:31 PM

Boyle's career is probably done. Ricard, Oliver, and Likely can more or less do what he does and he's a zero in the pass game these days, so there's almost no difference between him on the end and Ricard. I doubt another team is going to pick up a block first TE that hasn't been able to stay on the field.

Very little doubt he's done. It's a shame he never really recovered from that injury; I'm pretty sure most of this board applauded his extension when it happened, because he was clearly a large part of the highly successful Ravens offense.

#42 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 05:36 PM

Very little doubt he's done. It's a shame he never really recovered from that injury; I'm pretty sure most of this board applauded his extension when it happened, because he was clearly a large part of the highly successful Ravens offense.

They re extended him after the imjury. Think that was very questionable

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 December 2022 - 05:38 PM

Also after getting popped for PED’s right?

#44 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 05:52 PM

#45 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 31 December 2022 - 06:45 PM

I actually forgot that was the case. Still don't remember anyone questioning it at that time though. Maybe we still trusted injury diagnoses from the Ravens.

#46 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 December 2022 - 06:47 PM

I actually forgot that was the case. Still don't remember anyone questioning it at that time though. Maybe we still trusted injury diagnoses from the Ravens.

I did and of course got booed by the homers. I’ve was told he was the X-factor to the offense lol. Can’t be giving real money to role players. Stop leaking dumb money and go get a legit bonafide offensive playmaker.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#47 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:11 PM

Great blocking TE when he was in his prime and healthy. Wasn't ever really a threat as a weapon. Wish we'd have kept Andrews and Hurst together, but then probably wouldn't have Dobbins.

#48 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:23 PM

Hurst has been a bust

#49 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:24 PM

Hurst has been a bust

Ok, an underachiever

#50 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 10:18 PM

There is a good chance the Ravens wind up playing Cincy in the wild card round. Unless it is for the division I sit Lamar week 18. Don't want to give the Bengals a free look.

Yeah, there are several scenarios over the next two weeks that would create that either in Cincinnati again or Baltimore.  If the Chargers win their last two games against the LA Rams and Denver, very possible, the Ravens cannot be the 5th seed.  The Ravens would either be a 6 seed possibly playing the 3rd seed Bengals if they lose to Buffalo and beat the Ravens  OR  if the Ravens beat the Bengals, the Bengals would be the 6 seed if they also lose to Buffalo.  

#51 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 09:24 AM

In all honesty I think tonight's game comes down to how Pittsburgh does stopping the run.  I have no faith in the Ravens passing game with a rag arm QB and 3 scrap heap receivers.  Pittsburgh's offense in general is not very good.  The Ravens should be fine against their running game, possibly suspect against the passing game because of their weak secondary.  It really comes down to whether or not Pittsburgh can do better against the run then they did a few weeks ago.  If they do, I think they have enough to win a low scoring, tight game.  If they don't, I think the Ravens win a low scoring, tight game.  

#52 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:16 AM

I really wish the game had stayed at 1:00.  Really pisses me off.  They might as well go ahead and change next week's game too since you know that will be moved also. 

#53 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:33 AM

Yeah weather is great. A 1 pm game would have been nice. Instead I’ll be heading downtown around 2:30. Ugh.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#54 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:33 AM

In all honesty I think tonight's game comes down to how Pittsburgh does stopping the run. I have no faith in the Ravens passing game with a rag arm QB and 3 scrap heap receivers. Pittsburgh's offense in general is not very good. The Ravens should be fine against their running game, possibly suspect against the passing game because of their weak secondary. It really comes down to whether or not Pittsburgh can do better against the run then they did a few weeks ago. If they do, I think they have enough to win a low scoring, tight game. If they don't, I think the Ravens win a low scoring, tight game.

I am confident we can run on them. I am not confident Roman will stick with it enough to win. But he did last time.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#55 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:02 PM

I really wish the game had stayed at 1:00. Really pisses me off. They might as well go ahead and change next week's game too since you know that will be moved also.

It won’t be moved if the Bengals win and the Ravens lose.

No one has a scheduled game next week. All the teams with playoff seeds on the line will play at the same time.

Edit: Except a game will be a SNF game if there is something only on the line for the two teams involved.
@BSLMikeRandall

#56 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:05 PM

It won’t be moved if the Bengals win and the Ravens lose.

No one has a scheduled game next week. All the teams with playoff seeds on the line will play at the same time.

Edit: Except a game will be a SNF game if there is something only on the line for the two teams involved.

I was assuming we win today and play for the division next week.  I'd rather us win today than lose and have a 1:00 game next week.  But it still pisses me off.  

#57 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:20 PM

I would bet good money that the NFL already has Tennessee at Jacksonville picked out as next week's SNF game.  I think that's why they flexed the Ravens to SNF this week.  

Baltimore @ Cincy might be a 4:25 game next Sunday.

#58 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:39 PM

I would bet good money that the NFL already has Tennessee at Jacksonville picked out as next week's SNF game.  I think that's why they flexed the Ravens to SNF this week.  

I think you are right.  The NFL and the networks love the win or go home games.

Neither gives a rip about the fans and their plans.  We have talked about driving to Cincy if the game means anything.  I wish I knew what time we would play.

• cprenegade likes this
@mikeghg

#59 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 12:43 PM

I'm not crazy about the 4:25 games either but they're better than the night ones.  The networks definitely love the Ravens when it comes to prime time.  It's been like that for a long time.  I'm sure the organization takes it as a high compliment but for the fans, it sucks big time. 

• cprenegade likes this

#60 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 01:13 PM

The networks can block games from being flexed, however, so they have some say in which games get moved and which do not. Both CBS and Fox can protect a game a week within the 12-day notice period. 

All games for next week carry a TBA time designation. That's due to the networks having a six-day notice period for Week 18. We'll know tomorrow which games Fox and CBS chose to keep in their initial time slots.

• cprenegade likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=