#21 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 04:00 AM

Remember John Lennon's lost weekend? This is Boyle's lost season. SMDH

I think Lennon had a lot better time though. (Hanging with May Pang, Getting kicked out of clubs with Harry Nilsson etc.)
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#22 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 11:51 AM

I think Lennon had a lot better time though. (Hanging with May Pang, Getting kicked out of clubs with Harry Nilsson etc.)

He was also told later that while in LA, he jammed with Paul McCartney and didn't even remember it. 

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 December 2022 - 02:56 PM

Evidently Calais Campbell was back on the field today.

• BaltBird 24 likes this
@mikeghg

#24 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 03:41 PM

Ruled questionable.

#25 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 03:55 PM

I'm not too concerned about whether Campbell plays or not.  The Ravens have enough bodies up front to stop most teams running game. What I do worry about is the secondary but Pickett doesn't present much of a threat.  If the Ravens aren't turning the ball over and creating short fields, I doubt the Steelers score more than 17 points.  Let Campbell rest and get better for Cincinnati. 

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 December 2022 - 03:55 PM

#8 officially ruled out.

I am guessing the 53 spot on the roster goes to Brown.

@mikeghg

#27 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 04:05 PM

We won't see Lamar in the regular season. If he's able to return it'll be in the wildcard round.

#28 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 04:14 PM

We won't see Lamar in the regular season. If he's able to return it'll be in the wildcard round.

I hope he can play for at least part of the Bengals game. Going into the playoff game cold is not the best case scenario in my opinion.
  • Mike B likes this

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 December 2022 - 04:44 PM

Lamar has been on the Ravens for 10 Steeler games.

He has played 3.  Damn, I hate playing those guys with out our guys.

• BaltBird 24 likes this
@mikeghg

#30 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 05:29 PM

I hope he can play for at least part of the Bengals game. Going into the playoff game cold is not the best case scenario in my opinion.

He didn't play the entire preseason and came out firing week one.

#31 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 05:30 PM

He didn't play the entire preseason and came out firing week one.

But he practiced the whole time. A rusty Lamar is 100% better than Huntley, but certainly will be a concern if he barely has any reps before the game.

I'd still start Lamar on zero practice over Huntley in any playoff or critical game.
  • Mike B and BaltBird 24 like this

#32 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 07:22 PM

I'd take Lamar in a wheelchair over a 100% healthy Huntley.
  • Ravens2006 likes this

#33 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 07:29 PM

I'd take Lamar in a wheelchair over a 100% healthy Huntley.

At the very least, he could break some tackles. 

#34 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 08:44 PM

There is a good chance the Ravens wind up playing Cincy in the wild card round. Unless it is for the division I sit Lamar week 18. Don't want to give the Bengals a free look.

#35 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 08:56 PM

There is a good chance the Ravens wind up playing Cincy in the wild card round. Unless it is for the division I sit Lamar week 18. Don't want to give the Bengals a free look.

It's for the division unless the Ravens lose and the Bengals win this week.

#36 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:51 AM

pqtDpUJ.png

A lot of transactions the last couple weeks. Some new faces on and off the practice squad. Isaiah Mack flashed a little in the Cincy game a year ago, was claimed by Seattle after he was added to the Ravens 53-man last week, and then waived.  2022 6th round pick Tyler Badie "terminated his contract" (did he quit?) and was claimed by Denver, added to their 53-man roster. Josh Bynes also returns to the Ravens on the PS.

There are 52 men on the 53-man roster. Anthony Brown is out of PS elevations, so there is an opening if he is to be added to the 53-man to backup Huntley tomorrow. Or they can start to elevate Brett Hundley. 

Jackson and Peters officially ruled out for Sunday. Only Campbell, Stone, and Boyle on the injury report as questionable. The others who did not practice much this week must have been for rest purposes, carrying no designations into Sunday. Stone and Campbell were limited participants Friday. Boyle DNP on Thursday and Friday. 

Depth chart, Oliver is out snapping Likely for a couple weeks now as the better run blocking TE. Watkins out snapped DeSean Jackson last week. Dobbins back to getting the slightly bigger workload than Edwards, Hill. Drake a healthy scratch last week. Forgot to adjust it here, but Hamilton has been playing more nickel snaps with Pepe Williams out for a game, and only playing a couple snaps last week. 

IR. Duvernay added on 12/20. I believe that means the earliest return would be if the Ravens can make it to the divisional round. Josh Ross and Tylan Wallace both returned to practice. 21-day clocks started. Decision on Ross would come before the playoffs. Wallace decision doesn't have to come until after the WC game. 

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B, Bmore Irish and 2 others like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#37 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 10:22 AM

pqtDpUJ.png

A lot of transactions the last couple weeks. Some new faces on and off the practice squad. Isaiah Mack flashed a little in the Cincy game a year ago, was claimed by Seattle after he was added to the Ravens 53-man last week, and then waived.  2022 6th round pick Tyler Badie "terminated his contract" (did he quit?) and was claimed by Denver, added to their 53-man roster. Josh Bynes also returns to the Ravens on the PS.

There are 52 men on the 53-man roster. Anthony Brown is out of PS elevations, so there is an opening if he is to be added to the 53-man to backup Huntley tomorrow. Or they can start to elevate Brett Hundley. 

Jackson and Peters officially ruled out for Sunday. Only Campbell, Stone, and Boyle on the injury report as questionable. The others who did not practice much this week must have been for rest purposes, carrying no designations into Sunday. Stone and Campbell were limited participants Friday. Boyle DNP on Thursday and Friday. 

Depth chart, Oliver is out snapping Likely for a couple weeks now as the better run blocking TE. Watkins out snapped DeSean Jackson last week. Dobbins back to getting the slightly bigger workload than Edwards, Hill. Drake a healthy scratch last week. Forgot to adjust it here, but Hamilton has been playing more nickel snaps with Pepe Williams out for a game, and only playing a couple snaps last week. 

IR. Duvernay added on 12/20. I believe that means the earliest return would be if the Ravens can make it to the divisional round. Josh Ross and Tylan Wallace both returned to practice. 21-day clocks started. Decision on Ross would come before the playoffs. Wallace decision doesn't have to come until after the WC game. 

Thanks for all the info, Mike. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#38 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 31 December 2022 - 03:56 PM

Remember John Lennon's lost weekend? This is Boyle's lost season. SMDH

Boyle's career is probably done. Ricard, Oliver, and Likely can more or less do what he does and he's a zero in the pass game these days, so there's almost no difference between him on the end and Ricard. I doubt another team is going to pick up a block first TE that hasn't been able to stay on the field.

#39 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 04:07 PM

Nick Boyle seems like a waste of a roster spot at this point. You knew when he was on the field late in the 4th quarter of the final preseason game that he was on the brink. Surprised he's still here given his history of injuries and PED issues, the latter shockingly not burying him in John's doghouse years ago to begin with...
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 04:29 PM

Ravens.com: Pundit Picks: Ravens Slightly Favored to Edge Steelers

https://www.baltimor...teelers-week-17

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors