HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 December 2022 - 09:47 AM

What name did I call you. You did called me a bitch though

An old bitch.

You have said time and again that people like me are spoiled, insecure and whiny.

#383 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 09:54 AM

I don't think they will, but I still think they can go on a playoff run.

Certainly the team we've seen to date cannot.  The hope would be that Lamar gets back healthy, all the other key guys stay healthy from this point forward, the offensive coaches get theirs heads out of their asses and commit to being a strongly run-first offense, and the defense & defensive coaches figure out how to avoid choking late in games when we do have leads.  If most of those improvements occur, and likely we need all of them, then I think the team can do some great things.  This team at their theoretical max would be in the mix.  Getting to that max is the significant challenge.

Wild long shot, but they I do think that the switch exists.  And only a spate of injuries here on forward (or Lamar not recovering fully) would make me think its impossible.  

#384 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 09:54 AM

Can you two take your issues out of these posts. We get it, you all have history.

Im not taking sides, but geeze, enough is enough.

• You Play to Win the Game and Hooded Viper like this

#385 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:03 AM

Dont forget insecure and whiny

Shut up, troll.

Some of us have higher expectations. Mine are AFC Championship game appearance.
@BSLMikeRandall

#386 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:11 AM

Why didn't we run the ball more?

Because our OC is a moron

• Ravens2006 likes this

#387 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:18 AM

Shut up, troll.

Some of us have higher expectations. Mine are AFC Championship game appearance.

Thats complete bullshit. You say its that because we havent got past the Div round under Lamar. If we had made the Champ in '19 or '20 it would be making a SB is all I want. If we had made the SB and lost it would be we got to win it. Ultimately the SB is all that matters but only 1 team wins it each year. Thats reality.

#388 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:23 AM

Thats complete bullshit. You say its that because we havent got past the Div round under Lamar. If we had made the Champ in '19 or '20 it would be making a SB is all I want. If we had made the SB and lost it would be we got to win it. Ultimately the SB is all that matters but only 1 team wins it each year. Thats reality.

Yes, most fans want their team to improve each season. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#389 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:32 AM

I want the front office to 1) work hard to construct a playoff contending caliber roster, 2) the players to give maximum effort, and 3) the coaching staff to put them in the best position to succeed based on their strengths, weaknesses, and healthy / available players each week. Used to be 12 and now 14 teams make the playoffs. All but one finishes with a loss. Good and great teams still have a tall task to win a Lombardi.

The only desire of those three I don't see being fulfilled consistently is the last one...

#390 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 10:54 AM

No, but thanks for telling me what I think.

Conf. Championship appearances are not unreasonable given the ability Lamar has show us. Given the roster they built. Given the shoring up on defense with bringing in Roquan Smith.

Getting to and winning a Super Bowl is hard. You’re going up against a tough opponent to get there, and a tough opponent to win it. Some elite teams/QB have just 1 or 2, or zero appearances/wins to show for it.

For example, I think the Eagles made a big mistake getting rid of Andy Reid years ago. 5 NFC championship games in 10 years I think? Not good enough, got the boot. Philly got their ring eventually, are having a great 2022. But Reid has been the best head coach not named Belichick in the 21st century while Philly was a downer plenty in the immediate years after he was fired. If they stick with him they are at a minimum the Steelers of the NFC. Always a bet to win 10 games, not surprised if they go deep in the playoffs, would have probably got his ring before the Pederson team did.
  • JStruds likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#391 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 11:03 AM

I've been Super Bowl or bust since 2020.

I wouldn't have called a Championship Game appearance a failure, but its short of the goal.  I did re-adjust a bit after-the-fact in 2020 because of the Stanley injury.  I don't think that year was a failure in retrospect even though it was way short of where I wanted to be heading into the season.  2021 was an obvious failure, though injuries a primary cause as to why.  2022 will be as well if we can't get to the Championship game, I'll very excitedly watch a Wild Card Round game and celebrate a victory, but winning in that round and then bowing out in the divisional round wouldn't make 2022 a successful season, IMO.  Maybe if that's a really well-played, great game against a top-level opponent that they just come up short on, but I doubt it.

Elite QB on a Rookie Contract.  Even on the 5th year option its a fraction of what similarly skilled QBs count against the cap.  My expectations are high.  I'll backtrack from preseason expectations on occasion if there is ample external reason to do so.  I don't think there is any external reason for this team to be backing off of those expectations unless Lamar's injury lingers into the playoffs.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#392 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 11:11 AM

I suppose you'd rather be the Bears or Cardinals. :???:

I'm very confused by this comment.

#393 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 11:12 AM

They aren't going anywhere unless they start going run heavy with 40+ carries a game. And that's with Lamar in there too. So simple yet seemingly beyond the grasp of our coaching staff. I would like to say Roman learned his lesson in Cleveland but we all know that's not the case.

#394 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 11:26 AM

I've been Super Bowl or bust since 2020.

I wouldn't have called a Championship Game appearance a failure, but its short of the goal.  I did re-adjust a bit after-the-fact in 2020 because of the Stanley injury.  I don't think that year was a failure in retrospect even though it was way short of where I wanted to be heading into the season.  2021 was an obvious failure, though injuries a primary cause as to why.  2022 will be as well if we can't get to the Championship game, I'll very excitedly watch a Wild Card Round game and celebrate a victory, but winning in that round and then bowing out in the divisional round wouldn't make 2022 a successful season, IMO.  Maybe if that's a really well-played, great game against a top-level opponent that they just come up short on, but I doubt it.

Elite QB on a Rookie Contract.  Even on the 5th year option its a fraction of what similarly skilled QBs count against the cap.  My expectations are high.  I'll backtrack from preseason expectations on occasion if there is ample external reason to do so.  I don't think there is any external reason for this team to be backing off of those expectations unless Lamar's injury lingers into the playoffs.

It should be SB or bust when you are in a CHampionship window. As I said, 1 of 32 win it each year. The odds that Buf or Phi wins a SB during their window is not good. Its more unlikely than likely anyway.. Thats all Im saying when it comes down to it. People obsess over the week to week results when IMO the only thing that matters is being a legit contender and giving yourself a chance each year to win the title. During the Lamar era we've done that with the exception of last year which most likely is only because he went down for the last 5 games and we had an insane amount of other injuries on top of his.

#395 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 12:16 PM

Dead horse beating continues...

Edwards gained positive yardage on all 7 of his rushing attempts.

Dobbins gained positive yardage on 12 of 13 carries.  The one he lost yards on was a 1 yard loss that looked like Stanley might have expected him to go off tackle and he cut in early.  He could have lost 3 or 4 yards but still spun and battled forward to keep it to just a 1 yard loss.

19 of 20 rushing attempts by those two gained positive yardage.

J.K. had one touch in the final 23+ minutes.

Gus had 3 carries in the second half, and one touch in the final 26+ minutes.

First and 10 from the CLE 15, down a whopping 6-3 with 5 minutes gone in the second half... chance to at least tie or take the lead, first down play they motion J.K out of the backfield, pre-snap, leaving it empty.  You've told the Browns that your strongest aspect is no longer a concern.  Huntley takes a "sack" by being chased out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS (instead of throwing it away).  2nd and 14 puts them "behind the sticks" and a couple plays later, with the Browns knowing that Team Roman is throwing with a bad QB, an INT takes away three points at minimum.

• jamesdean and bmore_ken like this

#396 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 12:37 PM

Dead horse beating continues...

Edwards gained positive yardage on all 7 of his rushing attempts.

Dobbins gained positive yardage on 12 of 13 carries.  The one he lost yards on was a 1 yard loss that looked like Stanley might have expected him to go off tackle and he cut in early.  He could have lost 3 or 4 yards but still spun and battled forward to keep it to just a 1 yard loss.

19 of 20 rushing attempts by those two gained positive yardage.

J.K. had one touch in the final 23+ minutes.

Gus had 3 carries in the second half, and one touch in the final 26+ minutes.

First and 10 from the CLE 15, down a whopping 6-3 with 5 minutes gone in the second half... chance to at least tie or take the lead, first down play they motion J.K out of the backfield, pre-snap, leaving it empty.  You've told the Browns that your strongest aspect is no longer a concern.  Huntley takes a "sack" by being chased out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS (instead of throwing it away).  2nd and 14 puts them "behind the sticks" and a couple plays later, with the Browns knowing that Team Roman is throwing with a bad QB, an INT takes away three points at minimum.

Sad, isn't it?
  • bmore_ken likes this

#397 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 12:37 PM

This is too much fun... I've dubbed this the conjoined twins double curl...

Jackson and Andrews run the same route, side by side.  This allows one guy to effectively cover two receiving targets.  :)

That's Jackson and Andrews in the highlighted circle.

Attached Files

• Mike in STL likes this

#398 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 12:49 PM

I'm very confused by this comment.

Not that bright, are ya?

#399 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 19 December 2022 - 02:03 PM

Yall are seriously doom and gloom.  With Lamar playing, I'd put our odds at winning both the Falcons game and the Steelers game at least 60% and maybe higher.    And then it's a game that's slightly worse than a coin flip against the Bengals.  Assuming the Bengals win their next 2 (they have some tough games coming, so that's no guarantee) that gives us no worse than a 1 in 3 chance to make the playoffs.  If they lose 1 more game then we play for the division in game 17 regardless unless we lose out.  If they lose both (unlikely but possible) and we win our next 2 then we win the division regardless of what they do.

When you add up all the possibilities I'd put our odds at the division at slightly worse than a coin flip, maybe 40-45%.  It's not as good a position as we were, but we missed our starting QB for 3 games.   Weirder things have happened than anything I'm proposing.

They didn't look great against the Bucs who are an inferior team, and Brady and their offense basically gifted them the game in the 3rd quarter.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#400 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 19 December 2022 - 02:28 PM

Yall are seriously doom and gloom. With Lamar playing, I'd put our odds at winning both the Falcons game and the Steelers game at least 60% and maybe higher. And then it's a game that's slightly worse than a coin flip against the Bengals. Assuming the Bengals win their next 2 (they have some tough games coming, so that's no guarantee) that gives us no worse than a 1 in 3 chance to make the playoffs. If they lose 1 more game then we play for the division in game 17 regardless unless we lose out. If they lose both (unlikely but possible) and we win our next 2 then we win the division regardless of what they do.

When you add up all the possibilities I'd put our odds at the division at slightly worse than a coin flip, maybe 40-45%. It's not as good a position as we were, but we missed our starting QB for 3 games. Weirder things have happened than anything I'm proposing.

They didn't look great against the Bucs who are an inferior team, and Brady and their offense basically gifted them the game in the 3rd quarter.

I would agree with most of that if we had a different OC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=