• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 04:38 PM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 60.7% chance of winning. 

Cleveland is a 3 point favorite. 

The over / under is 37.

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 08:49 PM

It's looking more and more like this is going to be a bad weather game.  Snow, poor traction, probably wind.  If there was ever a time to go full throttle with the run game, it's Saturday.  Nothing is ever guaranteed with weather forecasting but if I'm Greg Roman, I'm prepared to get down and ugly.  

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,539 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 09:27 PM

We’re stronger on offense than they are on defense. Especially with Stanley healthy. Just run the ball down their throats with JK and Gus.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 08:07 AM

I don't think weather will be that much of an issue.  Cleveland supposed to be a high of 34 with possible snow flurries or showers.  However, wind will be a factor at 10-20mph.  Since both teams have better running games than passing games that probably plays into both teams offensive strategy.  Difference is that Cleveland is not very good at stopping the run while the Ravens are. 

If I were the Cleveland DC, I would stack the box all game and dare the Ravens to throw.  Shut down the run as much as you can and make them prove they can beat you through the air.  The Ravens don't need to make that adjustment as their front 7 is good enough to handle the run without gambling on putting everyone up front.  

#5 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 December 2022 - 11:44 AM

I don't think weather will be that much of an issue.  Cleveland supposed to be a high of 34 with possible snow flurries or showers.  However, wind will be a factor at 10-20mph.  Since both teams have better running games than passing games that probably plays into both teams offensive strategy.  Difference is that Cleveland is not very good at stopping the run while the Ravens are. 

If I were the Cleveland DC, I would stack the box all game and dare the Ravens to throw.  Shut down the run as much as you can and make them prove they can beat you through the air.  The Ravens don't need to make that adjustment as their front 7 is good enough to handle the run without gambling on putting everyone up front.  

The good news is that Cleveland's linebacking corps is severely depleted, so even if they load up the box, we should be able to run the ball. Also, regardless of the weather, I think it's imperative that we take a couple of downfield shots early, just to show that we will. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#6 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 11:52 AM

Don't care if Cleveland has 11 in the box all game... run, run, and run some more.  Three back sets.  Some jet sweeps.  Some FB dives.  Throw off play action.  Run more.  Maybe a flea flicker on first down in the third quarter after you've run the ball on first down 8 straight times.  ;)  Then run more.

PIT knew what was coming and struggled to stop it outside the redzone.  PIT plays the run better than CLE.  CLE is giving up 4.8 yards per rush. 

If this isn't a 2-to-1 or more run to pass game on offense... well, you know my feelings... :)

• jamesdean likes this

#7 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 02:15 PM

Don't care if Cleveland has 11 in the box all game... run, run, and run some more.  Three back sets.  Some jet sweeps.  Some FB dives.  Throw off play action.  Run more.  Maybe a flea flicker on first down in the third quarter after you've run the ball on first down 8 straight times.  ;)  Then run more.

PIT knew what was coming and struggled to stop it outside the redzone.  PIT plays the run better than CLE.  CLE is giving up 4.8 yards per rush. 

If this isn't a 2-to-1 or more run to pass game on offense... well, you know my feelings... :)

Ditto 100%!

#8 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 December 2022 - 02:52 PM

Huntley has cleared concussion protocol.

• sandiegosean likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 02:59 PM

Huntley has cleared concussion protocol.

That's good to hear.  He's no Lamar but I feel a little more secure with him out there rather than Brown. 

• JStruds likes this

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,652 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 03:14 PM

Really good news.  

#11 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 03:57 PM

Jordan Schultz

@Schultz_Report
Breaking: #Ravens rookie OLB David Ojabo will make his NFL debut Saturday vs the #Browns, a source tells
@theScore

Ojabo was an All-American at Michigan and highly projected 1st-found pick, but suffered a torn Achilles on his Pro Day. Great news!

3:37 PM · Dec 16, 2022

https://twitter.com/...851826927120384

#12 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 06:29 PM

Jordan Schultz

@Schultz_Report
Breaking: #Ravens rookie OLB David Ojabo will make his NFL debut Saturday vs the #Browns, a source tells
@theScore

Ojabo was an All-American at Michigan and highly projected 1st-found pick, but suffered a torn Achilles on his Pro Day. Great news!

3:37 PM · Dec 16, 2022

https://twitter.com/...851826927120384

Would love to see him have an immediate impact.  

#13 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,405 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 07:26 PM

Hopefully he's better than his good buddy Oweh.

#14 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 10:21 PM

I just read where Oweh's snap count has been cut in half as the season has progressed.  His regression is very head scratching.  He wasn't great last year, but you could see he had play making ability within him.  Everyone believed he was headed for a breakout year and he is playing himself out of a starting position.  

#15 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 11:13 AM

Great news for Ojabo. I doubt he plays much, but just getting on the field this season is impressive.

I am not confident in this game. The Browns offense is much better than what the Ravens have seen recently. Can't afford a defensive meltdown in the final two minutes of each half. I'm going to say the QB who makes the least mistakes will win this game. Both are shaking off rust.

#16 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 11:48 AM

Great news for Ojabo. I doubt he plays much, but just getting on the field this season is impressive.

I am not confident in this game. The Browns offense is much better than what the Ravens have seen recently. Can't afford a defensive meltdown in the final two minutes of each half. I'm going to say the QB who makes the least mistakes will win this game. Both are shaking off rust.

I'm not confident in any game.  It's going to be a grind from this point on.  

#17 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 12:04 PM

The good part is that the thing the Browns are good at is what the Ravens are good at stopping. Since getting Smith they've allowed an average of 55 rushing yards per game and overall they are 2nd in the league in rushing yards allowed, 3rd in yards/att. I'm more worried about the offense scoring enough, but the defense has a good shot today unless Watson wakes up and suddenly feels like it's 2020.

#18 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 December 2022 - 12:15 PM

The good part is that the thing the Browns are good at is what the Ravens are good at stopping. Since getting Smith they've allowed an average of 55 rushing yards per game and overall they are 2nd in the league in rushing yards allowed, 3rd in yards/att. I'm more worried about the offense scoring enough, but the defense has a good shot today unless Watson wakes up and suddenly feels like it's 2020.

Even though Watson is capable, the Ravens have certainly done well against him the last 2 contests. In 2019, 18 of 29 for 169 yards, no TDs, 1 INT, 6 sacks. In 2020, 25 of 36 for 275 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks. And he had a combined 19 yards rushing in those 2 contests. 

@primetime667083

#19 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 01:48 PM

Remember last year when the Ravens were taking bodies off the street to play corner?  That's pretty much the situation in Cleveland with the linebacking crew.  It's in shambles and if the Ravens don't take advantage of it, I'll be supremely disappointed.  If there ever was a time to pound the rock, preferably right up the gut, this is it.  I guess if there's a silver lining to having Huntley out there, it's that Roman can't give in to his propensity to start throwing the ball all over the place.  I think we'll be looking at 40 carries minimum, barring an early 2 score deficit. 

#20 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 04:00 PM

Ditto 100%!

I approve this message 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=