783 replies to this topic

#721 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:37 AM

We won two SB’s with QB’s that had the 4th quarter thing down, but not the rest. I’d rather have a less talented, superior decision making QB who can read defenses, than a juggernaut who melts under pressure. We have a large sample at this point, I love Lamar too, it I love the Ravens more.

What even is this. Who even is this

#722 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,067 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:37 AM

Is a coaching staff that is easy to adjust to, and unable to adjust back in game that irrational?

The Buffalo game is the only one that felt normal.  That was a big lead, but it was chipped back down before the half and the lead was in large part  due to struggling with the weather which they figured out and they are clearly the better team overall so them winning the 2nd half wasn't weird.  The Dolphins game went from dominant to being dominated.  Bengals and Giants were somewhat similar though not to the same degree.  Switches just get flipped late in the 4th.  Any explanation can make sense for that to happen once, but I don't think it can explain three times.  How can the team be really good for 3 or 3 1/2 quarters and only then get figured out and broken?  Things shouldn't have worked before that point if they are breaking that consistently at that point.  Its weird.  I don't think "no adjustments" is the explanation.  Maybe it is.  Maybe there isn't one.

#723 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:38 AM

What even is this. Who even is this

Yesterday it was Daniel Jones (lol), a few weeks ago it was Tua (again, lol). Lamar has no business losing to QB’s like this, but it happens with regularity.

#724 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:40 AM

Yesterday it was Daniel Jones (lol), a few weeks ago it was Tua (again, lol). Lamar has no business losing to QB’s like this, but it happens with regularity.

What?? No, it doesnt

#725 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:41 AM

But to be clear you want Daniel Jones next. Ok then. Well he wont cost nearly as much so yeah more money to spend on FAs. Woo hoo

#726 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

I will continue to find it inexcusable that the coaching staff let the illegal formation penalty snap even take place.  The whole staff.  Really, watch the replay and Andrews is staring down the line and immediately loses his chit when he sees the flag, he knew it right away.  He knew it before the snap.  This tells me he saw the problem himself, while also worrying about his route / assignments.  You've got coaches upstairs watching the overhead view, and coaches on the sideline who should have been able to see it coming too.  If Andrews can see it, everyone that calls themselves a coach should have seen it.  Call a fudging TO.  That snap was too important to let go and hope.

Harbs plays a passive spectator really well...

#727 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

At this point it might be in their heads that when the 4th quarter starts, the collapse is imminent.

#728 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:42 AM

But to be clear you want Daniel Jones next. Ok then. Well he wont cost nearly as much so yeah more money to spend on FAs. Woo hoo

He didn't say that.

#729 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:44 AM

Lol, okay.

#730 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:47 AM

The Buffalo game is the only one that felt normal.  That was a big lead, but it was chipped back down before the half and the lead was in large part  due to struggling with the weather which they figured out and they are clearly the better team overall so them winning the 2nd half wasn't weird.  The Dolphins game went from dominant to being dominated.  Bengals and Giants were somewhat similar though not to the same degree.  Switches just get flipped late in the 4th.  Any explanation can make sense for that to happen once, but I don't think it can explain three times.  How can the team be really good for 3 or 3 1/2 quarters and only then get figured out and broken?  Things shouldn't have worked before that point if they are breaking that consistently at that point.  Its weird.  I don't think "no adjustments" is the explanation.  Maybe it is.  Maybe there isn't one.

Agree about the Buf game being different. Things can stack so easily.What Im saying is it wasnt some big turn in quality of play. Yesterday It was a handful of things. You go from being a half yard short from converting on 2nd down and needing 1 or 2  more 1st downs to run out the clock to a false start where we wouldve converted on 3rd down to a missnap for some reason, to Lamar making just a brutal decision to a drop by Robinson on first down, to a strip sack loss. Boom. Game over. I dont feel like some switch was flipped. SHit happened.

#731 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:49 AM

Lol, okay.

If youre being genuine about the whole reading a defense less superior decision making QB tell me who that is that is available or who you want in the draft that fits that profile

#732 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,067 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:49 AM

Lamar has no business losing to QB’s like this, but it happens with regularity.

Every loss of Lamar's career:

Patrick Mahomes

Philip Rivers *

Patrick Mahomes

Baker Mayfield

Ryan Tannehill *

Patrick Mahomes

Ben Roethlisberger

Cam Newton

Ryan Tannehill

Josh Allen *

Derek Carr

Joe Burrow

Tua Tagaviola

Ben Roethlisberger

Baker Mayfield (Lamar hurt on 1st play of 2nd quarter)

Tua Tagaviola

Josh Allen

Daniel Jones

#733 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:51 AM

If youre being genuine about the whole reading a defense less superior decision making QB tell me who that is that is available or who you want in the draft that fits that profile

Because even if a guy like Cousins qualifies for this he still is getting crazy money. SO who?? Who??

#734 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:52 AM

Every loss of Lamar's career:

Patrick Mahomes
Philip Rivers *
Patrick Mahomes
Baker Mayfield
Ryan Tannehill *
Patrick Mahomes
Ben Roethlisberger
Cam Newton
Ryan Tannehill
Josh Allen *
Derek Carr
Joe Burrow
Tua Tagaviola
Ben Roethlisberger
Baker Mayfield (Lamar hurt on 1st play of 2nd quarter)
Tua Tagaviola
Josh Allen
Daniel Jones

Thanks for proving my point. Ben wasn’t Ben Lamar’s entire career. Tannehill is meh. Baker, meh. Tua, Jones, Carr, Cam, Rivers. Just yuck.

#735 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:52 AM

Because even if a guy like Cousins qualifies for this he still is getting crazy money. SO who?? Who??

Does Derek Carr qualify because he is getting huge money. Does Ryan Tannehill qualify because he is getting big money. And they arent half the playmaker anyway.

#736 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,067 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:53 AM

Agree about the Buf game being different. Things can stack so easily.What Im saying is it wasnt some big turn in quality of play. Yesterday It was a handful of things. You go from being a half yard short from converting on 2nd down and needing 1 or 2  more 1st downs to run out the clock to a false start where we wouldve converted on 3rd down to a missnap for some reason, to Lamar making just a brutal decision to a drop by Robinson on first down, to a strip sack loss. Boom. Game over. I dont feel like some switch was flipped. SHit happened.

They were up 10 with 13 minutes left.  I think a switch was flipped.  That point of the game included the Giants only long touchdown drive and two turnovers in 8 offensive snaps.  The Giants dominated from that point on.

#737 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:54 AM

”So who” is your new thing?

I don’t know who, that’s not my job. But Lamar ain’t it. Especially at the money he’ll be getting here shortly. I’m officially moving on, final answer on Lamar. He can go flash and ultimately disappoint somewhere else. Ravens have shown an ability to rebuild and rebound, they’ll be fine.

#738 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:55 AM

I don’t know who, that’s not my job. But Lamar ain’t it. Especially at the money he’ll be getting here shortly. I’m officially moving on, final answer on Lamar. He can go flash and ultimately disappoint somewhere else. Ravens have shown an ability to rebuild and rebound, they’ll be fine.

I'm not ready to call it quits yet on Lamar, but on your final point, I absolutely agree.

#739 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:58 AM

They were up 10 with 13 minutes left.  I think a switch was flipped.  That point of the game included the Giants only long touchdown drive and two turnovers in 8 offensive snaps.  The Giants dominated from that point on.

Nah they didnt dominate. Wasnt that drive helped by a Oweh penalty on what was about to be 3rd and 5. Now I will say we were shooting ourselves in the foot all day but it didnt kill us til the end

#740 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:59 AM

Because there isnt a who. You pray that whoever you draft is half way decent. And we arent getting up to #1 or #2 from like 15 or 18 in the draft anyway. Even with all the capital from a Lamar trade we arent getting that high. SO your going with whoever is the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best college player in the draft and praying 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=