783 replies to this topic

#701 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 08:56 AM

Things go wrong when players don’t execute. I don’t understand what you’re saying honestly. We just shouldn’t count those things, because they had big leads in all the losses?

Theyve been stupid and unlucky. They still are one of the better teams in the league. Hence the statement that DVOA has the team pegged better than any of you

#702 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:00 AM

Theyve been stupid and unlucky. They still are one of the better teams in the league. Hence the statement that DVOA has the team pegged better than any of you

Well I’m real happy for you that DVOA has you feeling better this morning. Maybe one day, they’ll determine championships with that formula and they won’t have to play the games.

#703 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:02 AM

BTW someone said the other day this team isnt the '19 and '20 teams. Well make a more obvious statement. The '19 team was one of the highest overall teams in DVOA over the last 20 or 25 years. However long theyve been doing it. They were a truly great team. The "20 team was damn good too. Luckily, you dont need to be that great to compete for a SB at the end of the year

#704 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:04 AM

BTW someone said the other day this team isnt the '19 and '20 teams. Well make a more obvious statement. The '19 team was one of the highest overall teams in DVOA over the last 20 or 25 years. However long theyve been doing it. They were a truly great team. The "20 team was damn good too. Luckily, you dont need to be that great to compete for a SB at the end of the year

Neither of those teams competed for a SB, but sure a lesser version may. Lamar did what he always does in high pressure situations, he choked. I’m ready to move on.

#705 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:10 AM

Well I’m real happy for you that DVOA has you feeling better this morning. Maybe one day, they’ll determine championships with that formula and they won’t have to play the games.

Be better my dude. Obviously games arent determined on paper. Still have to play the games. Whether you want to use your eyes or the analytics or a combo you should be seeing how the Ravens are the ones dictating the games. They are more efficient and outperforming their opponents. Consistently. If that means nothing to you thats fine but youll likely look like a fool if you think consistently outplaying the opponent ultimately wont lead to more wins than losses

#706 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:12 AM

Be better my dude. Obviously games arent determined on paper. Still have to play the games. Whether you want to use your eyes or the analytics or a combo you should be seeing how the Ravens are the ones dictating the games. They are more efficient and outperforming their opponents. Consistently. If that means nothing to you thats fine but youll likely look like a fool if you think consistently outplaying the opponent ultimately wont lead to more wins than losses

It’s a 4 quarter game, stop with the condescending nonsense man, you look like RShack up in here - how dare someone levy criticism against the Ravens. They dictate the game until they don’t.

#707 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:15 AM

Neither of those teams competed for a SB, but sure a lesser version may. Lamar did what he always does in high pressure situations, he choked. I’m ready to move on.

Cold feet much. Youre in then out, In then out. This narrative that Lamar isnt good enough to win a SB is so stupid. Same thing was said about Joe and many other QBs until they did it.  As I said in the other thread, not paying him and starting over at that position is so incredibly irresponsible. 

#708 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:19 AM

It’s a 4 quarter game, stop with the condescending nonsense man, you look like RShack up in here - how dare someone levy criticism against the Ravens. They dictate the game until they don’t.

Chris look at your posts tone that I quoted before you call me out for being condescending

#709 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:19 AM

For 16 quarters this season, this team looks like a Superbowl contender. Then, its seems, that last quarter every week, they crumble like heartless cowards.

Defense breaks. Lamar breaks. The coaching staff breaks. The whole team just crumbles when the pressure turns up. It's sad. If we had players with some killer instinct, we'd be sitting pretty right now.
  • You Play to Win the Game and ivanbalt like this

#710 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:20 AM

Cold feet much. Youre in then out, In then out. This narrative that Lamar isnt good enough to win a SB is so stupid. Same thing was said about Joe and many other QBs until they did it. As I said in the other thread, not paying him and starting over at that position is so incredibly irresponsible.

I can’t fathom Lamar making the decisions necessary over a 3-4 game stretch to win a Super Bowl. Too many late game meltdowns and lack of adjustments in the 2nd half of games. I’m sorry being bold enough to have an unpopular take around these parts is off putting to you. I know how much you love group think (I remember you pushing back on group think all the time back in the day), I’m a bad BSL’er (despite having a track record of being right on a lot of this stuff over the years.)

#711 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:21 AM

Chris look at your posts tone that I quoted before you call me out for being condescending

You were the one coming in hot with the DVOA knows all and you stupid fans know jack BS. I responded in kind. If we just bow to DVOA, should we not even discuss the Ravens critically on this board?

#712 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:26 AM

Sure we arent good. We are a bad team. You are the biggest fool in the world. Obvious statement.

I said we were mediocre. We are.

#713 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:27 AM

You were the one coming in hot with the DVOA knows all and you stupid fans know jack BS. I responded in kind. If we just bow to DVOA, should we not even discuss the Ravens critically on this board?

I'm so god damned sick of DVOA. Nobody cares. It predicts nothing. It's a stat that's made up to try to quantify what isn't quantifiable.

#714 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,065 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:28 AM

It certainly can't keep up like this.  The way these games have gone is utterly irrational.  They play great and get out to big leads.  They play terrible and give the leads back.  That simply doesn't happen all that often and yet it's happened 4-of-6 games so far here.  It can't continue.  One of those sides will show to be who they really are and that will be what carries things the rest of the way.  Either they'll stop getting the leads and mostly be beaten handily or they'll start holding the leads and play really well.  

The only way I see a 500ish finish from here on out is if the positive side of the above is who they really were, but some other issues (mainly injuries) pop up and bring them down from that over the final 11 games.

Last year they were a mediocre team that was getting really lucky to win games for the first half of the season.  I don't know what they are this year.  A bad team wouldn't get a double digit lead every week.  A good team wouldn't blow a double digit lead every other week.  A mediocre team probably wouldn't do either very often.

I have no idea what to expect each week.  More of the same normally would be what I'd say, but they aren't playing normal games.  This insanity with the blown huge heads cannot continue, right?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#715 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

For 16 quarters this season, this team looks like a Superbowl contender. Then, its seems, that last quarter every week, they crumble like heartless cowards.

Defense breaks. Lamar breaks. The coaching staff breaks. The whole team just crumbles when the pressure turns up. It's sad. If we had players with some killer instinct, we'd be sitting pretty right now.

It's weird how critical you are, seconds after getting on me for being critical about literally the same things.

#716 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Cold feet much. Youre in then out, In then out. This narrative that Lamar isnt good enough to win a SB is so stupid. Same thing was said about Joe and many other QBs until they did it. As I said in the other thread, not paying him and starting over at that position is so incredibly irresponsible.

I agree with this. When Lamar is on his A game, he's unstoppable. Offense will move and score at will, on anyone. His biggest issue is he can't give up. Sometimes, the DC calls the perfect play, and the opposing defense executes it to perfection, and you just have to kill the play by going down, or throwing the ball away. Lamar can't do that. He always has to try and put the cape on, and make an amazing play. Problem is, sometimes he does exactly that. But other times, you get the INT to Love, or the strip sack to end it.

I love Lamar. I think it's pretty obvious he has the talent to lead a team to a Superbowl. But right now, stats, analytics and our record say he's the worst QB in the 4th quarter in all of football at the moment. When the best football player on your team forgets how to play in crunch time, that's a problem.

#717 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:29 AM

It certainly can't keep up like this. The way these games have gone is utterly irrational. They play great and get out to big leads. They play terrible and give the leads back. That simply doesn't happen all that often and yet it's happened 4-of-6 games so far here. It can't continue. One of those sides will show to be who they really are and that will be what carries things the rest of the way. Either they'll stop getting the leads and mostly be beaten handily or they'll start holding the leads and play really well.

The only way I see a 500ish finish from here on out is if the positive side of the above is who they really were, but some other issues (mainly injuries) pop up and bring them down from that over the final 11 games.

Last year they were a mediocre team that was getting really lucky to win games for the first half of the season. I don't know what they are this year. A bad team wouldn't get a double digit lead every week. A good team wouldn't blow a double digit lead every other week. A mediocre team probably wouldn't do either very often.

I have no idea what to expect each week. More of the same normally would be what I'd say, but they aren't playing normal games. This insanity with the blown huge heads cannot continue, right?

Is a coaching staff that is easy to adjust to, and unable to adjust back in game that irrational?

#718 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:30 AM

I can’t fathom Lamar making the decisions necessary over a 3-4 game stretch to win a Super Bowl. Too many late game meltdowns and lack of adjustments in the 2nd half of games. I’m sorry being bold enough to have an unpopular take around these parts is off putting to you. I know how much you love group think (I remember you pushing back on group think all the time back in the day), I’m a bad BSL’er (despite having a track record of being right on a lot of this stuff over the years.)

How is that the unpopular opinion. IM sure talk radio is filled with people wanting to ditch Lamar. I dont know what the % is on this board but you are far  from the only one to say it of late. I cant sit here and tell you that Lamar is going to win us a SB. Cant tell you we wont be mediocre over the next 4 or 5 years if we sign him. We might. Just like we might continue to lose games we should win this year and ultimately underperform. To walk away from Lamar, while doing it might work out, is the wrong decision. The chances of us being poor to medicore is much higher by going with the next guy vs Lamar.

#719 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:31 AM

I agree with this. When Lamar is on his A game, he's unstoppable. Offense will move and score at will, on anyone. His biggest issue is he can't give up. Sometimes, the DC calls the perfect play, and the opposing defense executes it to perfection, and you just have to kill the play by going down, or throwing the ball away. Lamar can't do that. He always has to try and put the cape on, and make an amazing play. Problem is, sometimes he does exactly that. But other times, you get the INT to Love, or the strip sack to end it.

I love Lamar. I think it's pretty obvious he has the talent to lead a team to a Superbowl. But right now, stats, analytics and our record say he's the worst QB in the 4th quarter in all of football at the moment. When the best football player on your team forgets how to play in crunch time, that's a problem.

We won two SB’s with QB’s that had the 4th quarter thing down, but not the rest. I’d rather have a less talented, superior decision making QB who can read defenses, than a juggernaut who melts under pressure. We have a large sample at this point, I love Lamar too, it I love the Ravens more.

#720 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:33 AM

Yes, DVOA isnt emotional. And no that isnt me not understanding emotions or being hypocritical about being emotional. These were absolutely brutal games to lose. All 3 of them. That screws with people. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=