Photo

AL Scoreboard Watching Thread (O’s Edition)

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#441 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 September 2022 - 08:52 PM

Bichette continues his tear. Unreal.

#442 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 03:15 PM

Rays beat the Jays 4-2 in the first game of today's doubleheader.  Bichette was up in the bottom of the 9th with two on and two out, but grounded out on the 11th pitch to end the game.

#443 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 03:26 PM

Right back to where we were Monday morning. 

O's have no business losing to the Nats. Win 2 and the weekend should mean something. They will be anywhere from 3 to 6 games back of TOR on Friday if they win both. 

Please manage these two games like the season is on the line. Thursday is a day off.

@BSLMikeRandall

#444 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 03:49 PM

Yep, manage the hell out of these games. Should be same lineup tomorrow unless it's a lefty. Even then...just dump Hays for McKenna.

#445 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 04:32 PM

This is when I thought we would start to make up some serious ground on Toronto. Problem is I thought we'd be like 2 games closer. Still within reach but there's no more room for error now.
  • Mackus likes this

#446 BSLLukeRollfinke

BSLLukeRollfinke

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 06:34 PM

Pretty incredible how defeated it feels like the team and fanbase are right now. Maybe because football is starting and the Os are in a rut but playoffs are still very achievable if we can get hot and win the majority of our remaining games with Toronto.

@LukeRollfinke

#447 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 06:41 PM

Pretty incredible how defeated it feels like the team and fanbase are right now. Maybe because football is starting and the Os are in a rut but playoffs are still very achievable if we can get hot and win the majority of our remaining games with Toronto.

Those 10 home games were very disheartening and took a lot of wind out of the sails. Had we gone just 6-4 with another win over the Blue Jays and Red Sox the mood would be totally different. Definitely no room for error now and we need some help.

#448 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 10:25 AM

We basically have to win the last 6 series we have left after tonight's game to finish with around 90 wins. The good news is we just won our last 6 series in a row before we lost that stinker to Toronto. Recent history says it can be done so let's give it our best shot.

#449 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,622 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 September 2022 - 08:27 PM

Might be time to focus on Tampa. I know we don’t play them but their schedule is rough.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#450 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 September 2022 - 08:47 PM

Mathematically speaking, the odds have to be significantly, if not exponentially higher of the O’s making the playoffs with the Rays as the 5 seed rather than the Jays. Due to the remaining head to head opportunities.

But yeah this is getting weird. Jays look like the team we thought they’d be entering the season, finally, and the Rays are in a bit of a slump and still dealing with significant injuries.

#451 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 September 2022 - 09:02 PM

I believe no Manoah or Gausman in the series this weekend.

Edit: Manoah probably starts Sunday. We’ll miss Stripling and Gausman.

#452 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,365 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 14 September 2022 - 09:06 PM

I guess the good news is that the O's now have two teams within reach. Problem I see is that they really gotta take 2 out of 3 this weekend. Doable for sure but right now Toronto just looks really good and we are going to be playing them at the wrong time. Maybe play them even the rest of the way and hope they drub Tampa.

We have 20 games left. If we play even just .500 ball we would finish with 85 wins. Nobody predicted anything close to that 6 months ago.

#453 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 September 2022 - 09:07 PM

I guess the good news is that the O's now have two teams within reach. Problem I see is that they really gotta take 2 out of 3 this weekend. Doable for sure but right now Toronto just looks really good and we are going to be playing them at the wrong time. Maybe play them even the rest of the way and hope they drub Tampa.

Mackus reminded us as well in the game thread that due to TB’s tiebreaker advantage, basically add a game to their lead on us. Between that, and the remaining H2H’s, unfortunately Toronto has still gotta be the target, realistically speaking. But as Pedro pointed out, Tampa has a tough schedule so we’ll see. Never know. Just keep fighting.

#454 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 September 2022 - 09:10 PM

Also 7 wins away from the unthinkable, in and of itself. So that’s the first target that I’ll truly celebrate this year.

#455 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 09:48 PM

Two day games vs Toronto, and the O"s haven't won a day game since August 3. They"re due!

#456 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 11:32 PM

Honestly we're like 2 games short right now of having a chance. I don't know how we make that up but I feel like that's how short we are this season.

#457 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 05:08 AM

Really wish Hyde had managed that final game in Tampa with a bit more urgency. Feel like everyone knew how important that game was but him. Win that and we're just 2 games back and we would hold the tiebreaker.

#458 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:21 AM

We're playing Toronto the last three games of the season.

Somewhere earlier in the week I saw that the O's elimination number was 18. Now I can't find that.

#459 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:33 AM

We're playing Toronto the last three games of the season.

Somewhere earlier in the week I saw that the O's elimination number was 18. Now I can't find that.

17 now.  Really 16 if you consider that TB has the tiebreaker over them (Sea also has tiebreaker)

http://www.playoffst...gicnumbers.html

The current #6 seed has 79 wins already.  O's are 75-67, so if they go 3-17 over their final 20 games they'd finish at 78-84 and be behind the #6 seed even if they don't win any more games.  The current #6 seed is actually TB, so even only lose 16 to get to 79-wins and tie the Rays, they'd be eliminated by the tiebreaker

#460 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,022 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:48 AM

McClanahan vs Gausman today in Toronto.  Go Rays!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=