#2641 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:37 PM

Only if Lamar is gonna miss 3-4 weeks for sure.

I wonder if the Ravens actually believe it when they say someone is day to day and misses 6 weeks, or if they're just blowing smoke up our asses.

#2642 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:37 PM

Crazy thought. Baker Mayfield? I was at the recent Ravens/Panthers game and I had this weird vibe about him. I could see Harbaugh liking him. Good leader, fiesty, played in a lot of big games.

He's available. 

https://www.espn.com...leased-panthers

#2643 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:49 PM

Whats the claiming order. Shefter said hes expected to be claimed. Is it strictly based on record or does NFC get first shot

#2644 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:52 PM

The Ravens NEVER tell the truth when it comes to injuries. John doesn't see any value in it, so 95% of what they say on return timetables is a lie. I'm assuming we'll be very lucky if he's back before Christmas eve and lucky enough if he's back before the playoffs.

#2645 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:52 PM

What do you guys think it would cost to acquire Rodgers in the offseason? Still would be expensive but if we got a haul for Lamar and only had to give up one 1st for Rodgers Id consider it if he wants to come here.

#2646 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:43 PM

What do you guys think it would cost to acquire Rodgers in the offseason? Still would be expensive but if we got a haul for Lamar and only had to give up one 1st for Rodgers Id consider it if he wants to come here.

For a 39 year old QB? Maybe he can be good for another 3-4 years like Brady, but I'm good.

#2647 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:49 PM

For a 39 year old QB? Maybe he can be good for another 3-4 years like Brady, but I'm good.

Yeah Rodgers makes no sense. 

#2648 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:15 PM

Harbs said today that the reverse WR pass was a bad play and it wasn't the right time for that play to be called.

Hmmm... who has the most power of everyone on the sideline to dictate strategy? To call a timeout at any point if he sees something he doesn't like? To dictate to an OC or DC the nature of how he wants them to play it out? To say things like "we're in FG position, let's make sure we keep possession and try to gain positive yardage for a manageable third down at worst". To say things like "we're up 21, let's play a lot of three deep and force the underneath to burn clock".

That would be Harbs.

Just a spectator who gets a free pass for his inaction, and has for years and years and years.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#2649 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:41 PM

Absolutely do.not want him wasting a TO there . To valuable to burn to overrule the OC. Even if you hate it you hope its an incomplete or Proche gets sacked. The absolute worst case scenario happened and that makes it too freaking easy to bitch about not calling a TO in hindsight

#2650 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:43 PM

But dont mistake that as an excuse for Roman. That was the worst playcall decision by a Ravens OC Ive seen in a long time

#2651 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:48 AM

Whats the claiming order. Shefter said hes expected to be claimed. Is it strictly based on record or does NFC get first shot

9ers would be his best bet, but I would think the Rams or Seahawks take him to keep him away from them.

#2652 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:51 AM

Harbs said today that the reverse WR pass was a bad play and it wasn't the right time for that play to be called.

Hmmm... who has the most power of everyone on the sideline to dictate strategy? To call a timeout at any point if he sees something he doesn't like? To dictate to an OC or DC the nature of how he wants them to play it out? To say things like "we're in FG position, let's make sure we keep possession and try to gain positive yardage for a manageable third down at worst". To say things like "we're up 21, let's play a lot of three deep and force the underneath to burn clock".

That would be Harbs.

Just a spectator who gets a free pass for his inaction, and has for years and years and years.

That was a terrible play all around. Throwing into triple coverage. There were no other wr's even out on patterns. Duvernay was in the backfield Then it gave up a FG chance. He should have tucked it and run.

#2653 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 07:15 AM

If Roman is still the OC, Baltimore is the last place Rodgers would want to come to. 

#2654 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 December 2022 - 08:42 AM

Package Watson with Rodgers, and trade for Adams and I could see it working out, lol.

#2655 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 09:06 AM

Are we going to end up facing the Bengals in back-to-back weeks?  Jan 8th, and the WC round?

#2656 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 09:36 AM

I wouldn't make any predictions with this team now that Lamar is going to miss 1-3 games.

I set up my playoff ticket plan yesterday with the expectation that we won't host a game this year.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2657 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:44 AM

Are we going to end up facing the Bengals in back-to-back weeks? Jan 8th, and the WC round?

Possible. Both will be in Cincy though. I actually think Cincy will end up as the 2 seed. Maybe even 1. I havent looked at the rest of KCs schedule

#2658 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 11:57 AM

Possible. Both will be in Cincy though. I actually think Cincy will end up as the 2 seed. Maybe even 1. I havent looked at the rest of KCs schedule

Maybe, but it's not just the head to head the Ravens have over Cincinnati right now.... but also that the Ravens are 2-0 in the division, while the Bengals are 1-3.  Both 5-3 in Conference though. 

Ravens:
@Pittsburgh
@Browns
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
@Cincinnati

Bengals:
Browns

@Bucs
@Patriots
Bills
Ravens

#2659 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:00 PM

Maybe, but it's not just the head to head the Ravens have over Cincinnati right now.... but also that the Ravens are 2-0 in the division, while the Bengals are 1-3.  Both 5-3 in Conference though. 

Ravens:
@Pittsburgh
@Browns
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
@Cincinnati

Bengals:
Browns

@Bucs
@Patriots
Bills
Ravens

Cincy is clicking on nearly all cylinders right now. Of course its a week to week league but them finishing anything under 4-1 to end the season would surprise me. With our current situation Id happily take a 3-2 finish if you offered it to me. But again I'll state just get to week 17 with a chance at the division. Be within a game and see what happens.

#2660 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:48 PM

But dont mistake that as an excuse for Roman. That was the worst playcall decision by a Ravens OC Ive seen in a long time

I sincerely believe that play call at that time and in that situation was a fireable offense.

• BaltBird 24 likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=