#2601 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:57 PM

Can you imagine All in the Family or the Jeffersons on TV today?   :grin:

Or even Seinfeld. Gay jokes. Jewish Jokes. Black jokes. I'm in a Seinfeld Facebook group and we had a convo talking about  how Seinfeld wouldn't have made two seasons in today's climate 

#2602 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 03 December 2022 - 08:34 PM

Or even Seinfeld. Gay jokes. Jewish Jokes. Black jokes. I'm in a Seinfeld Facebook group and we had a convo talking about  how Seinfeld wouldn't have made two seasons in today's climate 

I'm pretty sure Soup Nazi would have gotten the show cancelled.

• bmore_ken likes this

#2603 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 09:47 PM

Or even Seinfeld. Gay jokes. Jewish Jokes. Black jokes. I'm in a Seinfeld Facebook group and we had a convo talking about how Seinfeld wouldn't have made two seasons in today's climate

Not so sure about that, but it probably wouldn't have been allowed on a major network. It's Always Sunny is going on season like...15 and it's way more off color than Seinfeld, but it's on a cable channel.

As an aside, watch It's Always Sunny. It's great.

#2604 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 10:18 PM

Or even Seinfeld. Gay jokes. Jewish Jokes. Black jokes. I'm in a Seinfeld Facebook group and we had a convo talking about how Seinfeld wouldn't have made two seasons in today's climate

Jokes are fine. You can make whatever jokes you want as long as the schlemiel is the one saying the terrible thing.

Lenny Bruce would still fly today. Andrew Dice Clay wouldn't. One is a satirist, the other is a bully.

#2605 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 03 December 2022 - 10:40 PM

Absolute nonsense.

@fuzydunlop

#2606 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 01:41 PM

Not so sure about that, but it probably wouldn't have been allowed on a major network. It's Always Sunny is going on season like...15 and it's way more off color than Seinfeld, but it's on a cable channel.

As an aside, watch It's Always Sunny. It's great.

I watch it, it's a great show. And that's correct, you can get away with a lot more on cable channels.

#2607 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:03 AM

In honor of the Seinfeld talk,  "what's the deal with Stanley?"  Is this time missed due to the ankle/foot or is this a new injury?

#2608 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:15 AM

In honor of the Seinfeld talk,  "what's the deal with Stanley?"  Is this time missed due to the ankle/foot or is this a new injury?

Lamar rolled onto his bad ankle against the Panthers. He practiced some last week.

#2609 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:52 AM

Baker Mayfield hitting waivers today 🤣😬

#2610 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:59 AM

I was just looking at overthecap.com and we have $21 million on injured reserve right now. Not to mention Stanley and Lamar being out. For as much as I've talked about our other issues, of which there are plenty, you really do have to take into account just how snakebit this team has been in terms of injuries over the last couple of years. And you can't blame it on conditioning. It's football, stuff happens that is beyond your control. Much like the case last year, you can spout platitudes about "next man up" and what not but the reality is, an NFL team working under salary cap restrictions can only survive so much attrition before the situation becomes untenable. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2611 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2022 - 12:04 PM

Wonder if the 49ers go get Baker? He stinks, but that’sa stated he could manage and do well in IMO.

#2612 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 01:19 PM

I was just looking at overthecap.com and we have $21 million on injured reserve right now. Not to mention Stanley and Lamar being out. For as much as I've talked about our other issues, of which there are plenty, you really do have to take into account just how snakebit this team has been in terms of injuries over the last couple of years. And you can't blame it on conditioning. It's football, stuff happens that is beyond your control. Much like the case last year, you can spout platitudes about "next man up" and what not but the reality is, an NFL team working under salary cap restrictions can only survive so much attrition before the situation becomes untenable. 

The last two years, especially 2021, were outliers and hugely larger injury losses than you can plan for.  

But this year feels pretty normal to me, perhaps even on the fortunate side.  Its roughly the amount of attrition you need to anticipate and just hope that the injuries don't stack at a particular position group or two.  It probably feels like more of a loss than its really been because of the "here we go again" mindset following the devastation of '21 and '20.

#2613 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 01:26 PM

21 million on injured reserve out of a cap of 208 million doesn't seem like an outlier to me.  I think when you get to like 20 or 25% of the cap space you start running into issues, but not at that number.

We're 15th in the league in cap space on IR.  So it's not like we've been particularly hurt by this.

https://www.spotrac....njured-reserve/

#2614 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 01:28 PM

The last two years, especially 2021, were outliers and hugely larger injury losses than you can plan for.  

But this year feels pretty normal to me, perhaps even on the fortunate side.  Its roughly the amount of attrition you need to anticipate and just hope that the injuries don't stack at a particular position group or two.  It probably feels like more of a loss than its really been because of the "here we go again" mindset following the devastation of '21 and '20.

I think this year hasn't been terrible. I think it's felt bad because a lot of it was bleed over from last year (Stanley, Peters, Gus, Dobbins, Bowser) and losing two guys for the year in week 1 made it just seem like 2021 all over again.

Another reminder that 2019 was a big missed opportunity. Pretty healthy year. 

#2615 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 01:36 PM

The NFL has moved the Ravens-Browns game from Sunday December 18 at 1pm to Saturday December 17 at 4:30pm.  

#2616 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:15 PM

The NFL has moved the Ravens-Browns game from Sunday December 18 at 1pm to Saturday December 17 at 4:30pm.  

That sucks.  We have a Chreistmas party at 7 Pm that I guess I am going have to be late for.

@mikeghg

#2617 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:21 PM

That sucks. We have a Chreistmas party at 7 Pm that I guess I am going have to be late for.

My mom’s bday dinner. At least it’s at Dutch’s Daughter. I’ll convince her to take it to The Dungeon where the TV’s are, lol. DeShaun Watson looked terrible yesterday. His throws were awful.

#2618 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:25 PM

That sucks. We have a Chreistmas party at 7 Pm that I guess I am going have to be late for.

Basically the same here, but I suspect the host will adjust plans since he's also a big Ravens fan.

#2619 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,358 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:29 PM

An anti-Baltimore conspiracy to make sure Lamar mises the game and the Ravens can't make the playoofs!

#2620 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 03:16 PM

So I got curious about Huntley's arm strength, so I did some digging around, and it seems like his arm strength was never brought up during the draft process, and the belief was that he had the arm strength to make all the throws.  Yet when I watch him play in the NFL it seems like his arm is a wet noodle.

This is in contrast to Lamar, who had one of the worst velocity numbers at the combine.  But his velocity on measured throws in the NFL was a fair bit higher, which tells me that  1: he got stronger/his mechanics got better, and/or 2: he favored quick release/accuracy over velocity.  On top of this, Lamar's ability to put juice on the ball without having his feet set is probably better than anyone in the league except maybe Mahomes, and even there he's probably on par with him.

I stand by my assertion that Huntley doesn't have the arm strength to play week in week out, but I really wonder what happened to it. because I feel like it would have come up in his draft process if it was an issue.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=