• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#2682 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 02:10 AM

I don't give the Raven's that much of a chance for the SB even with Lamar.   They aren't a long, long shot, but when you have KC, Buffalo, Miami, and Cincinnati in your conference, it's certainly well less than 50%.  In the playoffs, and especially on the road, the Ravens are likely losers to any of those teams.  Can never say never, but the percentages and odds say that they will probably make the playoffs, but their upside is win the first game, lose in the divisional round.  

#2683 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 08:16 AM

Sometimes it's good to take a step back and see things from the perspective of the past.  Yesterday, I got in a nostalgic mood for 2019 and watched game highlights from most of the season.  I almost forgot what a glorious regular season it was after the Cleveland blowout loss in Baltimore early in the year.  The Ravens were just an offensive machine, driven mainly by a record breaking and punishing ground attack.  To see that they ran the ball 40 or more times 7 times that year is impressive.  And 30 or more in 7 others.  Maybe Roman needs to go back and revisit that season to jolt his memory on how to do it right.  The other thing that was very noticeable was Lamar's burst and speed, especially around the edge.  It was breathtaking.  I'm not sure if it's because of nagging injuries or just a general lack of desire to do so, but he isn't the same runner this year.  Not even close.  He looks so much slower and indecisive. Maybe it was the added weight or again, just the insistence in trying to become a completely different player with pay day so close.  Either way, it was great to watch despite the realization that the Tennessee game did happen and Roman did go off the rails in his play calling for whatever inexplicable reason you want to throw out there.  

• PrimeTime and bmore_ken like this

#2684 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 11:34 AM

Aside from injuries, and turnovers unlucky or otherwise, the Ravens biggest internal speed-bump to the Ravens making it to a Superbowl this year or next or whenever... is Harbaugh and his coordinators putting the players in a position to do what they do best, and sticking to it for 60 minutes, throughout January.
  • jamesdean and bmore_ken like this

#2685 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 12:01 PM

Good to see Stanley as a full participant and also good to see Dobbins on the practice field.

With that said, what's the hold up with Ojabo? I know the Ravens are tight lipped on injuries but maybe the achilles repair is just not ready yet?

You know Harbaugh.  Ojabo's probably not practicing well enough. 

When it was first announced a few weeks ago that he was being activated, Harbaugh said it would depend on practice as to when he would play. So jd must be correct. 

• jamesdean likes this

#2686 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 December 2022 - 04:53 PM

When it was first announced a few weeks ago that he was being activated, Harbaugh said it would depend on practice as to when he would play. So jd must be correct.

It could be more complicated than that. Somebody would have to be dropped, right? Harrison and Oweh immediately come to mind, but aren't the Ravens notoriously adverse to dropping round 1-3 picks? Or, maybe they don't think he's physically or mentally ready to go yet. Whatever the reason(s), we will never know.

#2687 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 04:58 PM

Can't imagine Ojabo would be any worse than Oweh.

#2688 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:16 PM

It could be more complicated than that. Somebody would have to be dropped, right? Harrison and Oweh immediately come to mind, but aren't the Ravens notoriously adverse to dropping round 1-3 picks? Or, maybe they don't think he's physically or mentally ready to go yet. Whatever the reason(s), we will never know.

He's on the 53 man roster already so no one would have to be cut if that's what you mean, just someone else would need to be inactive on game day.

I think it is just numbers. Houston, Bowser, JPP, Oweh is a lot of OLBs already. People are like "he must not be doing well in practice" like it's a joke, but if he's not then there's no reason to activate him over those guys.

#2689 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 December 2022 - 06:08 PM

Ojabs is on the 53.  They would not have to cut Owen. Or Harrison nor should they.

John has special teams guys that take up spots and we have a number of OLB active every week.

@mikeghg

#2690 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 December 2022 - 06:44 PM

He's on the 53 man roster already so no one would have to be cut if that's what you mean, just someone else would need to be inactive on game day.

I think it is just numbers. Houston, Bowser, JPP, Oweh is a lot of OLBs already. People are like "he must not be doing well in practice" like it's a joke, but if he's not then there's no reason to activate him over those guys.

Thanks for the clarification between 53 and inactive. That distinction escaped me. The numbers of OLBs is what caught my attention too. Remember when we were woefully short at that position? My how things change.

#2691 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 December 2022 - 06:45 PM

Ojabs is on the 53. They would not have to cut Owen. Or Harrison nor should they.
John has special teams guys that take up spots and we have a number of OLB active every week.

Thanks, I clearly misunderstood the difference between the 53 man roster and inactives.

#2692 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 04:28 PM

Maybe but those were Harbs words not mine. 

#2693 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 December 2022 - 03:53 PM

Huntley was at practice today.

It sounds like everyone but LJ was at the walkthrough.  

Zeitler practiced.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#2694 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 05:24 PM

Huntley was at practice today.
It sounds like everyone but LJ was at the walkthrough.
Zeitler practiced.

All great news. If we can win this game I'll feel pretty good about winning the division. I think we can beat the Falcons and Steelers at home without Lamar and I think the Bengals have another loss in them. We just have to stay healthy the rest of the season and then let the chips fall where they may. A home playoff game would be nice.

#2695 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 07:16 PM

All great news. If we can win this game I'll feel pretty good about winning the division. I think we can beat the Falcons and Steelers at home without Lamar and I think the Bengals have another loss in them. We just have to stay healthy the rest of the season and then let the chips fall where they may. A home playoff game would be nice.

The way Tenn is playing at least the 3 seed.

#2696 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 December 2022 - 01:34 PM

From Jonas Shaffer on Twitter:

An objectively hilarious statistical split for the Ravens’ defense, via TruMedia: First 26 minutes of a half: No. 5 in EPA per play Last 4 minutes of a half: Last in EPA per play

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2697 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 December 2022 - 03:46 PM

From Jonas Shaffer on Twitter:

An objectively hilarious statistical split for the Ravens’ defense, via TruMedia: First 26 minutes of a half: No. 5 in EPA per play Last 4 minutes of a half: Last in EPA per play

And the primary reason we're not running away with the division.

#2698 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 December 2022 - 03:58 PM

Per NFL insider Jordan Schultz, David Ojabo will make his NFL debut tomorrow.

• BaltBird 24 likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#2699 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 04:12 PM

And the primary reason we're not running away with the division.

Makes no sense at all. 

#2700 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 December 2022 - 05:59 PM

Makes no sense at all.

My opinion, or the weird stats?
  • BaltBird 24 likes this