https://twitter.com/...ZVNjUa-Gbys4vDw

#4922 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:23 PM

I'm trying to see the logic in having make-believe agents call teams on your behalf. He has to know that it'll cost teams over $50k to even pick up the phone, right? 

So what's Lamar's endgame here? 

#4923 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:25 PM

If thats his go between whats the issue. How else is he supposed to talk to teams without an intermediary. We all agree he should have an agent but he needs someone he can trust.

I say that knowing nothing about this guy. Im not necessarily advocating for this guy or saying their arent real potential issues but Lamar doesnt have an agent and doesnt want one. He needs someone that knows a little something about things to talk to teams

#4924 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:26 PM

So whats the solution for Lamar if he is firm against an agent. Is he literally the only one who can talk to other teams on his behalf?? Honest question

#4925 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:27 PM

If thats his go between whats the issue. How else is he supposed to talk to teams without an intermediary. We all agree he should have an agent but he needs someone he can trust.

I say that knowing nothing about this guy. Im not necessarily advocating for this guy or saying their arent real potential issues but Lamar doesnt have an agent and doesnt want one. He needs someone that knows a little something about things to talk to teams

The issue is it’s against the rules to negotiate with him. Which may be a reason why he hasn’t received any offers.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4926 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:30 PM

And he accomplishes this through hiring an agent, or he needs to make these calls himself. 

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense why both the NFL and the NFLPA would be insistent upon this rule. It's not just about it being a good ol' boys club. It's about getting the best contracts for their clients and keeping nefarious characters and dirty money out of the process. 

#4927 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:31 PM

So whats the solution for Lamar if he is firm against an agent. Is he literally the only one who can talk to other teams on his behalf?? Honest question

Yes he is the only one, without a certified agent.

#4928 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:31 PM

The issue is it’s against the rules to negotiate with him. Which may be a reason why he hasn’t received any offers.

It's against the rules to negotiate with an unlicensed person who attempts to speak on behalf of Lamar Jackson. It's not against the rules for Lamar to make calls himself. It'd be reckless, but not against the rules. 

#4929 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:33 PM

I mean, he needs to talk with Roquan, this shouldn’t be this difficult. It isn’t like the ravens didn’t just make him the highest paid inside linebacker in the league without having a certified agent. All of this sneaking around crap makes him look terrible in my opinion. He can’t possibly think this will endear him to other teams!

Edit: apparently a similar memo was sent last year regarding the Roquan negotiations while he was with the Bears, SMH. So much for that idea.

#4930 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:53 PM

Ken is his business partner. Lamar just tweeted about a new product they’re dropping soon…

https://twitter.com/...8315954178?s=20

#4931 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 06:17 PM

Huh?

#4932 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 06:22 PM

Ken is his business partner. Lamar just tweeted about a new product they’re dropping soon…

https://twitter.com/...8315954178?s=20

Absolutely hilarious. My respect for Lamar has somehow grown. And his Twitter game over the past 24 hours or so has been great.

#4933 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 March 2023 - 06:25 PM

26RVmqH.jpg

#4934 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 06:50 PM

What a Fing circus!!

#4935 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 06:55 PM

Lamar is def a bit immature. I honestly think thats all it is.

#4936 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:04 PM

I'm not giving the team crap anymore for not signing him when Allen signed. I'm not sure anymore that a deal was ever possible. Can't imagine how many times EDC has banged his head on the wall in frustration the past two years.

• You Play to Win the Game, CantonJester and mdrunning like this

#4937 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:05 PM

26RVmqH.jpg

Follow up question, who is?

Follow up question 2, why would NFL send out a memo warning teams about this specific person?
@BSLMikeRandall

#4938 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:10 PM

I don't agree with this since he's not plunging into linemen. He's generally running out of bounds on most of his runs. That's a whole different thing than running 20 times inside the tackles and getting slammed to the ground.

Once JK and Gus were healthy, and even with Lamar out, the running game was outstanding. Because of that, I think the need for him to be a lead runner is diminished, while the threat of him running remains a serious concern for opposing defenses.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#4939 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:10 PM

I don’t see how this can be brushed aside as not true when even the NFLPA, who is supposedly on his side, has sent a memo about it! Too much smoke not to be fire. And right or wrong EDC’s reputation in town, and perhaps the NFL, hinges upon it.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#4940 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:12 PM

Lamar's camp is a clown show.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users