5723 replies to this topic

#4941 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:15 PM

I think Lamar just had this guy talk to teams. Get a feel. Whatever. Again some lack of maturity IMO. I dont think hes taking all this stuff that seriously. Of course it should be super serious but he just doesnt stress it. Thats why its a shame the NFLPA is using him. He woulda signed long ago if it were completely up to him
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#4942 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:16 PM

Lamar and his camp is a clown show.

FTFY
@BSLMikeRandall

#4943 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:19 PM

I think Lamar just had this guy talk to teams. Get a feel. Whatever. Again some lack of maturity IMO. I dont think hes taking all this stuff that seriously

If he doesn't want to take it seriously he could always have someone else do it for him. Someone who is some type of representative for him that's allowed under the rules. A relationship where he is the Principal of sorts, and the other is, I forget what it's called think it starts with an A.

• weird-O and CantonJester like this

#4944 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:21 PM

If he doesn't want to take it seriously he could always have someone else do it for him. Someone who is some type of representative for him that's allowed under the rules. A relationship where he is the Principal of sorts, and the other is, I forget what it's called think it starts with an A.

Yeah, Im baffled why hes never got an agent. I kinda get it as a rookie. That rookie contract is nearly set in stone.

As I told Herm. Hes immature. A bit lazy. Both are likely the same thing. I dont think any of this is malicious. He isnt the bad guy some here want you to believe

#4945 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, Im baffled why hes never got an agent. I kinda get it as a rookie. That rookie contract is nearly set in stone.

As I told Herm. Hes immature. A bit lazy. Both are likely the same thing. I dont think any of this is malicious. He isnt the bad guy some here want you to believe

I don't believe at all he is a bad guy. I think hes in over his head though. He didn't need an agent for his rookie deal. But once that 5th year option was invoked that was the time to hire an agent
  • You Play to Win the Game, weird-O and makoman like this

#4946 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:32 PM

I don't believe at all he is a bad guy. I think hes in over his head though. He didn't need an agent for his rookie deal. But once that 5th year option was invoked that was the time to hire an agent

Well said.

#4947 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:33 PM

I don’t think he’s a bad guy. I think he’s just soft, and in recent days apparently dumb AF.

Didn’t want him back for the first one. The other one cements my stance.

I’d rather he go on a darkness retreat and then tell the world what he wants on a podcast when he emerges.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4948 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:39 PM

I don’t think he’s a bad guy. I think he’s just soft, and in recent days apparently dumb AF.

I’d rather he go on a darkness retreat and then tell the world what he wants on a podcast when he emerges.

We're still waiting on the interview...

#4949 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:49 PM

Nothing has changed, except I'm now far more entertained. Still won't be signing an offer sheet. Still playing on the tag next season, and probably the season after that.

And if he stays healthy and has a really good year, this nonsense isn't going to matter. If after that he insists on a Watson deal, this nonsense isn't going to matter.

If he misses the final six games of the season, nothing has changed.

#4950 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:58 PM

Truzz Productionz must be booked solid. Wedding season or something.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4951 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:02 PM

You guys will have to let me know how it goes since I won't watch a second of it. If its anything like the preview I saw, I'll pass on the sensory waterboarding.

#4952 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:18 PM

I don't think he's a bad guy, but I think he's losing a lot of fans with some of these actions.  He already lost some people because he couldn't get back on the field for the playoffs.  But with this circus he is losing credibility and showing immaturity.  This reeks of desperation.   I don't think he's helping his cause at all with anybody around the league. 

The Ravens have to be frustrated as hell.  They aren't that type of organization to put up with this kind of soap opera drama.  And now they find themselves handcuffed in their ability to improve the team and wondering what the next surprise bombshell is going to be.   

• Mike in STL likes this

#4953 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:34 PM

I don't think he's a bad guy, but I think he's losing a lot of fans with some of these actions. He already lost some people because he couldn't get back on the field for the playoffs. But with this circus he is losing credibility and showing immaturity. This reeks of desperation. I don't think he's helping his cause at all with anybody around the league.

The Ravens have to be frustrated as hell. They aren't that type of organization to put up with this kind of soap opera drama. And now they find themselves handcuffed in their ability to improve the team and wondering what the next surprise bombshell is going to be.

They are probably frustrated but in no way handcuffed. If the offer sheet doesn’t come, you approach the draft like it’s Lamar’s last year here. If Rodgers doesn’t make a switch to the Jets after all, make a play for Jordon Love.

I’ll be really disappointed if it is Lamar and Huntley as the only QBs again.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4954 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:37 PM

So, why again should anyone feel compelled to give a guy who's shown he's "immature and a little lazy" one of the largest contracts in history?

#4955 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,676 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:50 PM

I don't think he's lazy or dumb. Jackson works hard. He has said a lot of things over the years that point to emotional maturity. There are also things which point to him being what he is...a young man.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#4956 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:54 PM

Ken is his business partner. Lamar just tweeted about a new product they’re dropping soon…https://twitter.com/...8315954178?s=20

Is that product fully guaranteed?
  • Mike in STL, BSLJamieSieck and weird-O like this

#4957 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 09:15 PM

I don't think he's lazy or dumb. Jackson works hard. He has said a lot of things over the years that point to emotional maturity. There are also things which point to him being what he is...a young man.

Exactly. How many of us were the most mature men on the planet at 26? I know I wasnt.

#4958 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 March 2023 - 10:05 PM

Huh?

Not sure what you’re confused about here?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4959 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 10:20 PM

Not sure what you’re confused about here?

What rule says Lamar can't contact teams?

#4960 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 10:26 PM

Truzz Productionz must be booked solid. Wedding season or something.

Prestige Worldwide!

• Mashed Potatoes, Mike in STL and weird-O like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=