• Please log in to reply
1235 replies to this topic

#181 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 04:34 PM

Do you know if CBS had a list at the end of last season?  

Are there any winter showcases or anything for HS or college guys to do something to cause their stock to go up or down since October?

Don't know, and don't know. 

But even without additional showcases...  could be further evaluation of what exists... the known numbers, and film...  as well as listening to additional 3rd parties, and growing consensus. 

#182 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 05:20 PM

Pretty sure Im already completely out on Green. Not sure he could do anything. I mean its another LH likely corner OF but DeLauter sounds like a high floor stud.

#183 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,625 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 February 2022 - 06:01 PM

My order of preference at the moment:

1. Termarr Johnson

2. Druw Jones
3. Jace Jung
4. Brooks Lee
5. Chase DeLauter
6. Dylan Lesko
7. Elijah Green

#184 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 06:04 PM

DeLauter
Johnson
Jones

Not really a ranking. Just pretty sure Id pick from the 3 right now.

#185 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 06:05 PM

Not the biggest Lee fan either.

#186 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,782 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 12 February 2022 - 08:48 PM

Izbna Adqqx

#187 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 10:08 PM

Izbna Adqqx

Why is it so hard for you to be normal?

• dude likes this

#188 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 February 2022 - 10:28 PM

Izbna Adqqx

Not familiar with him as a prospect, sounds eastern European 

#189 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,782 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 12 February 2022 - 10:31 PM

Not familiar with him as a prospect, sounds eastern European 

Random, aesthetically pleasing letters.  

#190 StephenCLoftus

StephenCLoftus

HOF

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 10:56 AM

BSL: 2022 MLB Draft: Opening Weekend

https://baltimorespo...pening-weekend/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#191 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:33 AM

CBS Sports: MLB Draft: Four storylines to know, including Kumar Rocker's situation and Orioles' early field for No. 1 pick

https://www.cbssport...-for-no-1-pick/

#192 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 09:42 AM

CBS Sports: MLB Draft: Four storylines to know, including Kumar Rocker's situation and Orioles' early field for No. 1 pick
https://www.cbssport...-for-no-1-pick/

I would truly loathe seeing them have the chance to draft one of the two or three most talented players in the draft, and take someone less so to get a more expensive lottery ticket in round 3 or 4.

#193 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,782 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 19 February 2022 - 09:54 AM

CBS Sports: MLB Draft: Four storylines to know, including Kumar Rocker's situation and Orioles' early field for No. 1 pick

The number of top pitchers that have already gone down with injury will make for some interesting storylines for this draft.  The Orioles are likely already aligned on a under-slot 1-1, but there could be more value than usual if you're willing to take a guy that misses the 2022 season but wants something closer to 1st rd money.

The number of bloodlines at the top of this class is fascinating also.  Jones, Crawford and Holliday?

#194 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 February 2022 - 03:37 PM

I would truly loathe seeing them have the chance to draft one of the two or three most talented players in the draft, and take someone less so to get a more expensive lottery ticket in round 3 or 4.

Coby Mayo's already showing up in top 100 lists and he was taken overslot so it seems like it's working to me

• BobPhelan likes this

#195 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,652 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:32 PM

I really had no problem with them taking Kjerstad or Cowser because they did spend the money on the overslot guys like Baumler and Mayo.  

However, and this is just my feeling, is it feels different when you pick 1-1.  I think in this case take and sign the best possible player.

@mikeghg

#196 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,084 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:59 PM

I really had no problem with them taking Kjerstad or Cowser because they did spend the money on the overslot guys like Baumler and Mayo.  

However, and this is just my feeling, is it feels different when you pick 1-1.  I think in this case take and sign the best possible player.

I think history proves that your opinion is accurate.  The #1 pick has far more consistently produced than even the #2 overall pick.  We're still talking a low expectation, solid player more than star, but that's way better than even one pick later.

It's hard to say just by looking backwards that the #1 overall picks was clearly the top rated guy.  Especially once slotting and different signing bonuses started coming into play.  But I'd say that if I'm able to identify the one guy that is clearly the best draft prospect, that I'd take that player no matter the cost over the 2nd best guy even if they'll sign for well below slot.  I'm very pro underslot with just about any other early pick, but at #1 I take the best guy.  Assuming there is one guy that separates, that's not true every year.  And in those years I'd be willing to go underslot.

• Mike B likes this

#197 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 06:14 PM

I agree with you guys, I hope a consensus #1 separates and we can just take him. Adley happened so it's not like they always go under slot.

Interestingly, we'd have probably been pissed picking Correa underslot in 2012, even though he ended up the best player in that draft. 

I've always felt, admittedly with no evidence as they'll never tell us, that Kjerstad and Cowser weren't purely money plays, that they were also very high on the team's board and they took advantage of their board being different than the consensus. Much like trading back in football and still getting the guy you wanted, plus extra picks.

• Mike B likes this

#198 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,084 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 06:44 PM

I've always felt, admittedly with no evidence as they'll never tell us, that Kjerstad and Cowser weren't purely money plays

They tell us this every chance they get!  It's believing them that's the struggle :)

• BobPhelan, Mike B, dude and 1 other like this

#199 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,442 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 06:46 PM

Cowser was in their top 10. I'd bet everything on it. Wouldn't surprise me if he was in their Top 5 just because he was a college bat.  If you think guys are relatively equal they've shown that they'll go with the least amount of risk. Avoiding HS arms first and foremost.

#200 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,084 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 10:03 AM

I think somewhere in the top-10 is a reasonable assumption for their ranking of Cowser.  I'd argue that most years there is no way to accurately differentiate between the 5th and 10th rated players, at least not in any way that correlates with future performance.  No complaints from me on going underslot on Cowser.

• Mike B likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=