#81 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 July 2022 - 11:20 AM

Really like the fire Odor brings to the table, and he's solid defensively. He just doesn't hit enough to warrant regular playing time.

Actually, I think what Odor does defensively, that catches everyone's attention is turn the double play.  I thik he is average at best in regards to range,and reaction.

His turns on the double play chances are lightning.

@mikeghg

#82 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 03:20 PM

Vavra's wife is 35 weeks pregnant, so better get him into a game fast.

Terrin Vavra got the call late Monday night, after the Tides had arrived in Memphis, that he was being called up. Flew into DC yesterday morning and got to the ballpark late yesterday. His wife Carlie, who is 35 weeks pregnant was given the clearance to be here.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#83 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 03:32 PM

Big month for the Vavras!

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#84 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 28 July 2022 - 11:40 AM

Why isn’t he playing?

@fuzydunlop

#85 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 11:48 AM

Why isn’t he playing?

Because he bats lefthanded and they think Odor is better.

#86 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 July 2022 - 12:05 PM

Calling up a prospect to sit him the first 3 games is asinine. It’s clearly more important for guys like Nevin, McKenna and Odor to get that playing time instead.
  • McNulty likes this

#87 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2022 - 12:07 PM

Calling up a prospect to sit him the first 3 games is asinine. It’s clearly more important for guys like Nevin, McKenna and Odor to get that playing time instead.

They are certainly not treating him like a  top prospect.

@mikeghg

#88 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:40 PM

They are certainly not treating him like a  top prospect.

They are treating him like Justin Turner. Or JR House. :D

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#89 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:58 PM

I just dont understand why it wasnt Richie Martin instead

• Mike B likes this

#90 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 July 2022 - 03:06 PM

I just dont understand why it wasnt Richie Martin instead

My thought exactly.  Why make Terrin and his pregnant wife travel and then sit him on the bench..

@mikeghg

#91 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 04:58 PM

My thought exactly.  Why make Terrin and his pregnant wife travel and then sit him on the bench..

Cause the Angelos’ want the baby to be born in Baltimore to show their loyalty :-)
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#92 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2022 - 03:44 PM

Game 4, no Vavra.   

It makes me wonder just how much of a prospect they think he is.

@mikeghg

#93 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:08 PM

Game 4, no Vavra.
It makes me wonder just how much of a prospect they think he is.

I really don’t think it’s that they’re not high on him. Hyde loves Odor and maybe they want him to be “spotlighted” for a
Freddy Galvis type trade.

Vavra isn’t an A-tier prospect, likely a utility player who plays 3-5 times a week between 2B, LF, CF, and DH, and he is still getting work in while on the big league club. But all that said it’s still annoying to not see him starting over Odor.

#94 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:12 PM

He still walks a ton against LHP. His slugging goes down. But isn’t that much lower than Odor vs. LHP, his OBP is significantly better than Odor vs. LHP.

This is ridiculous. I get wanting to set a guy up for success. Sitting him all week is just stupid.

Is he a trade piece and they don’t even want to put him on tape against big league LHP? I would think that wouldn’t matter given all the televised MiLB games these days. Just trying to think of why they are doing this.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#95 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:23 PM

I really don’t think it’s that they’re not high on him. Hyde loves Odor and maybe they want him to be “spotlighted” for a

Vavra isn’t an A-tier prospect, likely a utility player who plays 3-5 times a week between 2B, LF, CF, and DH, and he is still getting work in while on the big league club. But all that said it’s still annoying to not see him starting over Odor.

This is the downside to the Os playing well and contending. Yes, I think this is simply a case of Hyde and the clubhouse loving what Odor is bringing to the table. Just dont understand why it wasnt Martin who is on the 40 man. Keep Vavra playing every day. Im sure he doesnt mind. Build up his service time for a pension and an immediate pay raise.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#96 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:43 PM

So Odor is that much of a little bitch that if Vavra got some run, he’d no longer bring those things?

#97 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:44 PM

I had to look to see who we got for Galvis, who is probably a little better than Odor.  I looked and saw it is some kid named Tyler Burch who has a 7.50 ERA at Bowie.   I really don't look at those type of moves as trades but, if that is what they are doing, they should have just brought Martin up.

Something does not feel right concerning Vavra.  Why have him have to bring his very pregnant wife up to Baltimore and then Vavra gets to watch games in Cincy.

@mikeghg

#98 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:47 PM

So Odor is that much of a little bitch that if Vavra got some run, he’d no longer bring those things?

IMO, Odor has nothing to do with this.  He seems like a good guy, and is the first to greet team mates after a good play or hit.

Something is not right with Vavra not even getting on the field.

@mikeghg

#99 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:49 PM

The other thing this points out is how stupid MLB and their max 13 pitchers rule is.

In a year where pitchers are dropping everyday, MLB is limiting how many pitchers a team can have.  Instead of Vavra, the Orioles could have brought up an arm to help the pen.  

@mikeghg

#100 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:52 PM

IMO, Odor has nothing to do with this. He seems like a good guy, and is the first to greet team mates after a good play or hit.

Something is not right with Vavra not even getting on the field.

I love Odor, don’t get me wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=