#301 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 02 December 2021 - 02:19 PM

Admittedly didn't see if this was discussed in the game thread but it feels like they should have positive regression for guys shooting 3s at some point

Donta Scott: .273 this year, .440 last year

Eric Ayala: .286 this year, .337 last year

Ian Martinez: .217 this year, .324 last year

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

she/her

#302 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 02:45 PM

Should get a little better but still don't expect it to be good.  There aren't any pure shooters on the team.  And that includes Scott, IMO, I think his 44% last year was a bit of a mirage and my expectation for him would be in the mid-to-upper 30s range.

Additionally I'd be confident that the percentages in-conference are lower than total percentages.  So while Scott is a huge dropoff that I'd expect to pick up even as the competition gets harder, I'm not sure I expect either Ayala or Martinez to hit 33% of their threes the rest of the way with only 2 cupcake games left.

#303 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 01:23 PM

Is this season salvageable?

Does 12-8 in Big Ten and (assume beat Brown/Loyola and lose to Florida) 19-12 overall get them on the right side of the bubble heading into conference tournament?  Probably not unless they have multiple signature wins during the season.  13-7?  

#304 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:09 PM

Is this season salvageable?

Does 12-8 in Big Ten and (assume beat Brown/Loyola and lose to Florida) 19-12 overall get them on the right side of the bubble heading into conference tournament?  Probably not unless they have multiple signature wins during the season.  13-7?  

These things can go either way. Maybe the players were getting tired of Turgeon and this is the shot in the arm they needed.

#305 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:14 PM

Itll be interesting if Manning does anything noticeably different quickly. Play some different players, cant completely install a new offense but you could pick up the pace and make changes within the base offense.

#306 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:15 PM

I'm far more excited for Sunday and the rest of the season now.

#307 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:42 PM

Same here. Big shot in the arm.

#308 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:42 PM

Itll be interesting if Manning does anything noticeably different quickly. Play some different players, cant completely install a new offense but you could pick up the pace and make changes within the base offense.

He came here to work with the bigs. My guess is it will be more of what we’ve been seeing, but we’ll see.

#309 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:43 PM

Maybe Cornish and Dockery can see some time.

#310 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:39 PM

Danny Manning's Wake teams (working from most recent backwards) adjusted tempo rankings were 79, 179, 102, 57, 45, and 26.  His Tulsa teams before that were 72 and 92.

Terps under Turgeon were 162nd so far this year and 234, 245, 264, 266, 219, 213, 199, 57, 97, and 114 moving backwards.  Those higher years of 57,97, and 114 were when we were still in the ACC.

I think Manning will push pace more than Turgeon has.  Wonder if he considers playing Reese and Wahab at the same time.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLRoseKatz like this

#311 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2021 - 09:05 PM

Director of basketball operations Greg Manning, Jr. has been elevated to interim assistant coach, filling the open spot after Turgeon’s departure.
@BSLZackKiesel

#312 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 December 2021 - 09:42 PM

Director of basketball operations Greg Manning, Jr. has been elevated to interim assistant coach, filling the open spot after Turgeon’s departure.

No relation, for anyone else who was wondering.

she/her

#313 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2021 - 10:39 PM

But he is the son of former guard Greg Manning, one of the best shooters in Maryland basketball history.
  • Mackus likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#314 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 08:00 AM

Relation.  Just to a different Manning.

#315 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 December 2021 - 10:43 AM

But he is the son of former guard Greg Manning, one of the best shooters in Maryland basketball history.

Another Manning who could really play.

@mikeghg

#316 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,348 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 December 2021 - 11:05 PM

Julian Reese has signed an NIL deal to become one of ten athletes who’ll be the face of Tom Brady’s new menswear brand.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#317 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 12:40 PM

IMS: Gary was willing to coach MD the rest of the '21-'22 season after Turgeon left

https://247sports.co...RcCsk_9B7lhPIX0

#318 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 December 2021 - 08:11 PM

IMS: Gary was willing to coach MD the rest of the '21-'22 season after Turgeon left

https://247sports.co...RcCsk_9B7lhPIX0

I would have liked to have seen that.

@mikeghg

#319 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 08:18 PM

Gary has some of that passion back that he lost around 2011.

#320 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 January 2022 - 11:07 AM

Terps have announced that in order to attend an indoor sporting event, you must show proof of vaccination beginning January 9th. 

From the email I received from them today:

Maryland Athletics announced that a vaccine requirement will go into effect on January 9, 2022 for all indoor sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball. The measure will remain in effect until further notice.

All attendees 12 years of age and older are required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result from a test within 48 hours of the game for entry into XFINITY Center. Attendees under the age of 12 are not required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test result. UMD students – already required to be vaccinated – do not have to provide proof of vaccination.

The requirement for indoor mask-wearing by all attendees will also remain in effect. All patrons who are not in compliance with the requirement will be issued a verbal warning. If that patron continues to not be in compliance with our policies, they will be required to leave the arena, without refund.

The previously-announced measure to close concessions through December 30 events will now be extended through January 8 for all indoor sporting events, including women's basketball and wrestling. They will reopen for all events beginning January 9.

Fans are encouraged to allow for extra time to enter XFINITY Center for all upcoming events, including men’s and women’s basketball, gymnastics and wrestling.

Fans must provide one of the following to gain entry:

• COVID-19 Vaccination Card
  • Picture of COVID-19 Vaccination Card
  • Screenshot of COVID-19 Vaccination record from pharmacy (i.e. CVS, Walgreens, etc.)
  • Screenshot of test results of negative PCR or rapid antigen (home tests will not be accepted)
  • Fans 18 and older should be prepared to show a picture ID to verify ownership of the vaccination card or negative test. 

Once through a vaccination security checkpoint, attendees will continue through the screening process including wanding and ticket scanning. 

• BSLZackKiesel, Mike B and BSLRoseKatz like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=