2525 replies to this topic

#1921 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:05 AM

High ankle sprain for Mekari. Those can take months. Not good.

Time for Phillips to show whatever it is that they see in him.

Phillips first move is frequently slow / late. Seems like something easily fixed, but if it was, you'd think it would be better by now...

#1922 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:51 AM

Phillips first move is frequently slow / late. Seems like something easily fixed, but if it was, you'd think it would be better by now...

I would be stunned if DeCosta doesn't sign or trade for another tackle and running back before the end of next week. 

#1923 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 02:31 PM

RT Cedric Ogbuehi signed to PS, expected to be elevated to 53 soon. Former 1st rounder started one game this year, four last year, released this week by Seahawks. 

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#1924 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:08 PM

The Ravens have brought in a lot of guys to try out on their bye week.  They might be thinking it is better to sign someone that has been discarded by other teams rather than spend capital in a trade.  Plus they don't have a lot of cap money so it will probably be cheaper.  I don't think this will solve the problems they have, but it will fill in depth without cap issues.  

#1925 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 03:53 PM

You have to love the NFL!  The Bengals blow the Ravens off the field and then lose to the Jets today.  We'll have to see if New York did us a huge favor later in the year. 

#1926 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:24 PM

You have to love the NFL!  The Bengals blow the Ravens off the field and then lose to the Jets today.  We'll have to see if New York did us a huge favor later in the year. 

You see this a lot, especially with a young team.  The Bengals were so high emotionally to take on the Ravens last week.  This week, that defense that shut down the big bad Ravens totally caved to the Jets in the second half.  Their adrenaline level was a small percentage of what it was last week.  That is the ebb and flow of a football season.  

The big thing about the NFL that a lot of people don't believe is that the talent difference from the absolute worst team in the league to the absolute best, well oiled machine, is really not as big of a gap that the records would have you believe.  Any team really can beat any other team if the conditions are right.  I mean, seriously the Lions have 0 wins.  And if not for a ref who lost count of the play clock, their only win would be against the Ravens.  It's totally different from the college game, where Towson U could play Alabama every week for the next 5 years and never win a game.  Probably would be lucky to have one or two games end under 10 points difference.  

#1927 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:45 PM

You see this a lot, especially with a young team.  The Bengals were so high emotionally to take on the Ravens last week.  This week, that defense that shut down the big bad Ravens totally caved to the Jets in the second half.  Their adrenaline level was a small percentage of what it was last week.  That is the ebb and flow of a football season.  

The big thing about the NFL that a lot of people don't believe is that the talent difference from the absolute worst team in the league to the absolute best, well oiled machine, is really not as big of a gap that the records would have you believe.  Any team really can beat any other team if the conditions are right.  I mean, seriously the Lions have 0 wins.  And if not for a ref who lost count of the play clock, their only win would be against the Ravens.  It's totally different from the college game, where Towson U could play Alabama every week for the next 5 years and never win a game.  Probably would be lucky to have one or two games end under 10 points difference.  

What makes it worse is the Bengals had a 10 point lead late in the game and still managed to lose it.  Against Mike White no less, who will probably throw 4 picks next week.  You just can't take any team lightly regardless of their record because as you said, they all have talent on their rosters or they wouldn't be in the league to begin with.  Sometimes, all the planets align for one week and some crazy shit will happen. 

#1928 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:29 PM

Mike White might genuinely be a better QB than Zach Wilson is right now.

Michael Carter looked good too.

#1929 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:54 PM

Mike White might genuinely be a better QB than Zach Wilson is right now.

Michael Carter looked good too.

Never heard of the guy but I did catch the end of the game and he did look like he had a strong arm.  That doesn't mean much but at least for today, he was impressive.  Seeing Flacco on the side line with that forlorn look on his face struck me as funny, though. 

#1930 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 08:08 PM

Never heard of the guy but I did catch the end of the game and he did look like he had a strong arm.  That doesn't mean much but at least for today, he was impressive.  Seeing Flacco on the side line with that forlorn look on his face struck me as funny, though. 

Forlorn?  I think that look was basically the look of a person who is getting paid more than 80% of America and is now walking through the front door after a game and not having to pop 6 Advil's just to get to sleep.  I'm watching Kirk Cousins right now and basically him and Joe could be the same QB.  Mediocre, average at best guys who have that capability to elevate for a short period of time.  Joe made his name in the playoffs.  For that, I still have him as the best Raven QB.  But overall body of work is average at best.  

• bmore_ken likes this

#1931 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 09:53 PM

Forlorn?  I think that look was basically the look of a person who is getting paid more than 80% of America and is now walking through the front door after a game and not having to pop 6 Advil's just to get to sleep.  I'm watching Kirk Cousins right now and basically him and Joe could be the same QB.  Mediocre, average at best guys who have that capability to elevate for a short period of time.  Joe made his name in the playoffs.  For that, I still have him as the best Raven QB.  But overall body of work is average at best.  

I agree. Joe has enough money to last 5 lifetimes and now they're paying him to chill. Can I get that gig? He's making $3.5 million this year , a sum most of us won't make in a lifetime to do nothing. 

#1932 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:46 AM

I agree. Joe has enough money to last 5 lifetimes and now they're paying him to chill. Can I get that gig? He's making $3.5 million this year , a sum most of us won't make in a lifetime to do nothing. 

Maybe he's one of those guys who feels "money doesn't buy you happiness." (LOL)  That sure wouldn't be me but who am I to judge. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#1933 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:27 AM

Balt Sun: Seven takeaways from the Ravens’ first seven games of the 2021 season

#1934 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 09:53 AM

1 out of every 5 Americans is making over 3.5 million? Damn, I'm poor

• JordanKough likes this
@DaKittenz

#1935 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:41 AM

Malik Harrison was hit by a stray bullet yesterday at a gathering.

Sounds like he is fine.

https://www.news5cle...ot-in-cleveland

@mikeghg

#1936 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:42 AM

Malik Harrison was hit by a stray bullet yesterday at a gathering.
Sounds like he is fine.

https://www.news5cle...ot-in-cleveland

Was Alec Baldwin in attendance? (Too soon?)
  • bmore_ken and russsnyder like this

#1937 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:45 AM

Was Alec Baldwin in attendance? (Too soon?)

A little bit.  

Seriously though it sounds like Harrison was very lucky to be okay or unlucky to be in the wrong place.

• You Play to Win the Game and DuffMan like this
@mikeghg

#1938 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:15 PM

Are the any rumors at all about the Ravens making any trades? From legit sources

#1939 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 01:15 PM

Are the any rumors at all about the Ravens making any trades? From legit sources

Has there ever been a rumor about a Ravens trade before it happened?  We all knew they were looking to deal Baby Zeus and didn't KC still come out of nowhere?  In-season trades like for Peters and Monroe were left field.

#1940 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2021 - 01:18 PM

Has there ever been a rumor about a Ravens trade before it happened?  We all knew they were looking to deal Baby Zeus and didn't KC still come out of nowhere?  In-season trades like for Peters and Monroe were left field.

Yep, football trades are often unpredictable.  I guess EDC is working the phones, and they do have a draft pick surplus, but it will be interesting to see if they can overcome the cap space issues.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=