#1881 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:53 PM

If you say so

You're God damned right I said so. Try to keep up.

#1882 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:59 PM

This was the latest on Boyle.

https://www.cbssport...e-to-returning/

That's good news.  Boyle means a lot to this team as far as the run game goes and he was starting to develop a nice niche as a receiver. 

#1883 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:37 PM

That's good news. Boyle means a lot to this team as far as the run game goes and he was starting to develop a nice niche as a receiver.

I agree, but... The lack of top RBs, the emergence of a very good group of receivers and Lamar's improved downfield and outside throwing may limit his time, especially against teams who still think making #8 throw a lot by selling out on the run game is their best bet.

#1884 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:49 PM

^Lamar Mother F'ing Jackson, people

And the talent developing around him.

I really hope we can keep most of the offense together next year, when we get JK and Gus the Bus back.  And hopefully Boyle and Stanley at full speed.  It could be very special.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#1885 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:54 PM

I agree, but... The lack of top RBs, the emergence of a very good group of receivers and Lamar's improved downfield and outside throwing may limit his time, especially against teams who still think making #8 throw a lot by selling out on the run game is their best bet.

Well, we'll see how it plays out.  One thing I keep forgetting to mention in this thread was how impressed I was with Freeman on Sunday. He really had a nice burst on several runs.  Maybe I gave up on him too quickly and his slowness was more because of unfamiliarity with the Ravens run schemes.  He just seemed locked in as soon as Lamar gave him the ball.  Bell on the other hand, still looks like he's moving through quicksand. 

• JStruds likes this

#1886 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:01 PM

Bell was promoted to the 53.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#1887 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:16 AM

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec
The Ravens have designated TE Nick Boyle to return from IR and the plan is for him to practice today.
10:36 AM · Oct 20, 2021·Twitter Web App

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1888 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:22 AM

Ask and ye shall receive - good news. Need him out there, especially given the salary commitment.

#1889 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:29 AM

I think Boyle is far more important to the offense then he is given credit for.  

A great run blocker, a dependable option for Lamar, plus he is tough as hell and at times is an the guy who deals with cheap shots from the other team.

@mikeghg

#1890 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:45 AM

I think Boyle is far more important to the offense then he is given credit for.  

A great run blocker, a dependable option for Lamar, plus he is tough as hell and at times is an the guy who deals with cheap shots from the other team.

Glad to see him back and hopefully, unlike Stanley, won't reinjure himself. 

#1891 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 03:48 AM

No, Boyle got hurt in the monsoon game against the Patriots. IMO on a very cheap shot.

It was ridiculous.

I doubt the player was fined.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1892 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 03:49 AM

Jeff Zrebiec
@jeffzrebiec
The Ravens have designated TE Nick Boyle to return from IR and the plan is for him to practice today.
10:36 AM · Oct 20, 2021·Twitter Web App

I saw a clip on twitter that he had a heavy knee brace on at practice. I hope he can make it back.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1893 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 05:52 AM

Apparently Brandon Knight has refused to report to the Ravens and they have placed him on the Reserve/Did Not Report list.  They said it was a personal decision on his part.  They signed James Carpenter instead.

#1894 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:04 AM

Apparently Brandon Knight has refused to report to the Ravens and they have placed him on the Reserve/Did Not Report list.  They said it was a personal decision on his part.  They signed James Carpenter instead.

Dallas wanted to sign him to their PS if he went unclaimed.

#1895 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:13 AM

And now he doesn't get to do anything. It kinda sucks for him, but I also think I'd be thrilled to be on any 53 man roster if I'm a fringe enough guy to have just 3 snaps on the year. He can throw a tantrum and retire at 24 if that's what he wants.

It would be hilarious if EDC gets some sort of draft pick out of this whole ordeal.

• Mike in STL likes this

#1896 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:22 AM

People in hell want ice water. So sad too bad. Andre Smith is available. :)
@BSLMikeRandall

#1897 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:31 AM

Glad to see him back and hopefully, unlike Stanley, won't reinjure himself. 

It may just be semantics but after listening to Harbs and then reading Stanley's comments, I do not think it is a re-injury, but that his ankle was in shape to take the stress, and that long term, may be more concerning for Stanley.

@mikeghg

#1898 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:43 AM

It may just be semantics but after listening to Harbs and then reading Stanley's comments, I do not think it is a re-injury, but that his ankle was in shape to take the stress, and that long term, may be more concerning for Stanley.

That's very sad. At least for him, he got the big deal if that is the case.

#1899 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 10:46 AM

If his ankle was in shape to handle the stress, why is he going under the knife again?  He obviously damaged whatever they did for him surgically.  I'm not sure how that can be perceived as anything other than a reinjury.  But you know how cryptic Harbaugh can be with injury related information.  Who knows what the real deal is. 

#1900 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 11:14 AM

If his ankle was in shape to handle the stress, why is he going under the knife again?  He obviously damaged whatever they did for him surgically.  I'm not sure how that can be perceived as anything other than a reinjury.  But you know how cryptic Harbaugh can be with injury related information.  Who knows what the real deal is. 

I have to believe that was a typo in Mike B's post, and his ankle was NOT in shape to take the stress. I think Stanley's performance in the Raiders game attests to that. Apparently the initial surgery just was not successful in solving the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=