2525 replies to this topic

#1861 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,401 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:22 AM

Thanks guys. Was and still am curious how much Lamar helps pass blocking grades.

#1862 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,401 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:24 AM

Thanks guys. Was and still am curious how much Lamar helps pass blocking grades.

For that matter, how much Roman and his schemes help the run blocking too

#1863 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:40 AM

It's always hard to isolate what is the player and what is the scheme, I agree.

I think we can all agree that Mekari doing what he's done has been huge. I bet plenty of people wouldn't have even cared if he was traded/cut in August, but he really stepped up.

#1864 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:44 AM

But its ok to make sweeping judgements about him because he is/was cautious about the vaccine.

Yup, absolutely.

I'm not surprised you don't see the difference. Very on brand.

#1865 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:51 AM

Ravens also signing LG James Carpenter to the PS. 

1st round pick of the Seahawks out of, to no ones surprise, Alabama, in 2011. Four seasons there, four seasons with the Jets, two seasons with the Falcons. Hasn't played in 2021, so will need time to get into football condition. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#1866 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:54 AM

I haven't seen anything yet, but I think Brandon Knight being claimed off waivers, he has to be added to the Ravens 53-man roster for three weeks. I think if you poach off another teams practice squad, that is the case. I wonder if it's the same if you claim them off waivers on their way to the PS. 

Carpenter being a veteran, that might spell the end of the Andre Smith as you can only carry six vested veterans on the PS under the new rules. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#1867 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:07 AM

I haven't seen anything yet, but I think Brandon Knight being claimed off waivers, he has to be added to the Ravens 53-man roster for three weeks. I think if you poach off another teams practice squad, that is the case. I wonder if it's the same if you claim them off waivers on their way to the PS. 

Carpenter being a veteran, that might spell the end of the Andre Smith as you can only carry six vested veterans on the PS under the new rules. 

I don't think, Knight has to be on for 3 weeks because he was waived, and the Ravens claimed him.

I do think one of the vested vets  needs to be released.  Smith makes sense.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#1868 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:25 AM

With all the Oline activity, I do not think the news on Stanley is going to be good.

@mikeghg

#1869 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,401 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:32 AM

Yup, absolutely.

I'm not surprised you don't see the difference. Very on brand.

I mean we dont even know for sure LJack is vaccinated. So maybe you should go back to calling him names and rooting for us to lose. At least you wont be pretending you enjoy it when we win.

#1870 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:54 PM

I mean we dont even know for sure LJack is vaccinated. So maybe you should go back to calling him names and rooting for us to lose. At least you wont be pretending you enjoy it when we win.

Literally never said I would be rooting for the team to lose. Don't mischaracterize me because you're too lazy or stupid to understand the distinction.

#1871 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,401 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:56 PM

Whatever you say. Youve dug in so hard on them being suspect or missing the playoffs last year that there is no way you were rooting for them vs facing the music.

#1872 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:03 PM

Whatever you say. Youve dug in so hard on them being suspect or missing the playoffs last year that there is no way you were rooting for them vs facing the music.

Facing what music?

You think I care what you or anyone else says about me on a message board? You must be under the impression that you matter.

#1873 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,401 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:08 PM

If you say so

#1874 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:19 PM

The Ravens have gotten 14 receptions and 114 yards and 2 TD's out of Nick Boyle since he signed his 2 year $13M deal before the 2020 season. Any word on when he'll be back?

I didn't like that contract at the time - but backed off due to his blocking, but he can't block if he isn't on the field. 

#1875 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,401 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:21 PM

Did Watt take out both Stanley and Boyle?

#1876 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:32 PM

The Ravens have gotten 14 receptions and 114 yards and 2 TD's out of Nick Boyle since he signed his 2 year $13M deal before the 2020 season. Any word on when he'll be back?

I didn't like that contract at the time - but backed off due to his blocking, but he can't block if he isn't on the field. 

It sounds like he will be back after the bye.  

I think he opens things up for the Ravens ground game and is a nice intermediate target for Lamar.

@mikeghg

#1877 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

Did Watt take out both Stanley and Boyle?

No, Boyle got hurt in the monsoon game against the Patriots.  IMO on a very cheap shot.

• russsnyder likes this
@mikeghg

#1878 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:35 PM

This was the latest on Boyle.

https://www.cbssport...e-to-returning/

@mikeghg

#1879 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,969 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:58 PM

Ravens won't get a single snap this yr from top two RBs J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards; starting CB Marcus Peters and ILB L.J. Fort. All Pro LT Ronnie Stanley was one game and done. Standout blocking TE Nick Boyle and starting DT Derek Wolfe have still yet to play. And they're 5-1.

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game, Mashed Potatoes and 2 others like this

#1880 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:31 PM

^Lamar Mother F'ing Jackson, people

• Mike B likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users