• Please log in to reply
2525 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:38 PM

Balt Sun: As Ravens enter offseason, pending free agents say thanks — and maybe goodbye

#2 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:32 AM

"Whenever you're the No. 1 rushing [offense] and the 30-something passing [team], that's not right," Brown said a day after the Ravens' 17-3 loss to the Buffalo Bills in the AFC divisional round. "That's not balanced. We got to find a way to balance our game. Even with our great rushing attack, we got to be able to throw the ball and be able to move the ball through the air."

https://www.espn.com...alanced-offense

Roll Tide

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:39 AM

Balt Sun: As Ravens move on from playoff loss, offensive coordinator Greg Roman faces renewed scrutiny

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:40 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens offseason primer: What you need to know about free agency, the draft and more

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:27 PM

In the least surprising news ever, Ravens to release Ingram. Love what that guy brought.
  • BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this

#6 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:26 AM

In the least surprising news ever, Ravens to release Ingram. Love what that guy brought.

It was definitely time here, he was money last year.

Roll Tide

#7 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,873 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:08 PM

Russell St Report says that the Raves will actually have very little cap space next year (assuming the cap drops to its $175M floor because of the pandemic).

Baltimore Ravens: 2021 Salary Cap Preview for Baltimore Ravens (russellstreetreport.com)

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:14 PM

Russell St Report says that the Raves will actually have very little cap space next year (assuming the cap drops to its $175M floor because of the pandemic).

Baltimore Ravens: 2021 Salary Cap Preview for Baltimore Ravens (russellstreetreport.com)

Most teams will be in the same boat.

This is a bad year to be a free agent.

@mikeghg

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

Mark Ingram is officially released.  And he responds with class.

Mark is a really good man.  I wish he spent more of his prime years here.  I am sure he would have been a ROH guy.

Verified
Baltimore!!! I’d like to thank Mr. Steve Bisciotti and the Ravens for being a first class organization and welcoming my family and I to the city. I love all the real ones in flock nation that supported me unconditionally and showed love to the boy these last 2 years. To my blood brothers, what’s understood Ain gotta be explained!! Call on 21 I got ya back forever y’all already know!! I’m looking forward to my next opportunity because the best is still ahead. Watch how God write this story! BIG TRUSS FOREVER!! ✌
#GodWinS #FlockGang #BigTruss

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#10 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:23 PM

Most teams will be in the same boat.

This is a bad year to be a free agent.

Right the Ravens have a low Rule of 51 total, but for the moment, have the 9th most space headed into the season in 2021. They have the 10th most space compared to the broader Rule of 51 elimination in terms of over the cap's effective space. 

https://overthecap.c...lary-cap-space/

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:39 PM

Mark Ingram is officially released.  And he responds with class.

Mark is a really good man.  I wish he spent more of his prime years here.  I am sure he would have been a ROH guy.

Verified
Baltimore!!! I’d like to thank Mr. Steve Bisciotti and the Ravens for being a first class organization and welcoming my family and I to the city. I love all the real ones in flock nation that supported me unconditionally and showed love to the boy these last 2 years. To my blood brothers, what’s understood Ain gotta be explained!! Call on 21 I got ya back forever y’all already know!! I’m looking forward to my next opportunity because the best is still ahead. Watch how God write this story! BIG TRUSS FOREVER!! ✌
#GodWinS #FlockGang #BigTruss

Awesome. I'm sure he'll be very missed in that locker room. We don't think about that kind of stuff as fans.

#12 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:49 PM

Minter is gone ....defensive staff getting poached

Roll Tide

#13 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:36 AM

Nothing wrong with that quote. The thread headline made me assume something bad.
@DaKittenz

#14 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

Hopefully Brown does his part and doesn't have so many drops throughout the season next year.

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:26 AM

Hopefully Brown does his part and doesn't have so many drops throughout the season next year.

I've been pretty critical of Brown. Especially in game day threads. But the guy did show up when it mattered. He is not a number 1. But he could be a great number 2 or 3. Give me Golladay or Robinson on the other side, and Brown could be extremely dangerous.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#16 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:40 AM

I agree with Brown. It's been 3 years now that we've exited the playoffs because we couldn't play catch up and pass the ball effectively. You can steamroll your way over the mediocre and also-ran teams in the regular season but in the playoffs you won't be able to control the tempo of the game like you can against lesser teams. Lamar needs to improve on his own but we also need to get him the OL and WR/TE help he needs and deserves.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#17 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:51 AM

I've been pretty critical of Brown. Especially in game day threads. But the guy did show up when it mattered. He is not a number 1. But he could be a great number 2 or 3. Give me Golladay or Robinson on the other side, and Brown could be extremely dangerous.

He played well down the stretch, I just hope it continues into next year and the drops don't return.

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:19 AM

He played well down the stretch, I just hope it continues into next year and the drops don't return.

The drops are kind of confusing to me. His rookie season I remember him making a lot of contested, tough catches. But the playoff game and this season he seemed to turn into a body catcher. Not sure what happened. Hopefully the strong finish leads to a good offseason.

#19 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:34 AM

The drops are kind of confusing to me. His rookie season I remember him making a lot of contested, tough catches. But the playoff game and this season he seemed to turn into a body catcher. Not sure what happened. Hopefully the strong finish leads to a good offseason.

Sometimes these guys get issues with their fingers and arent as nimble as the season wears down, and sometimes, cold weather makes them switch to a heavier glove that they may not catch as well as the lightweight ones.

I can even remember decades ago, the Eagles ran into issues, with spray stickon they were trying to use, to make their hands tacky to help catch the ball (entirely legal)

#20 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 10:27 AM

Harbaugh end of year press conference in 30 minutes. On Inauguration Day?

What are they trying to bury?
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=