2525 replies to this topic

#1941 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 01:25 PM

Interested in all the OL line help we can get...

#1942 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 02:09 PM

Was Alec Baldwin in attendance? (Too soon?)

I got a chuckle out of it.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1943 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:28 PM

Has there ever been a rumor about a Ravens trade before it happened? We all knew they were looking to deal Baby Zeus and didn't KC still come out of nowhere? In-season trades like for Peters and Monroe were left field.

We had Don Olsen who was always giving out little tidbits here and there that almost always came to fruition. But someone freaked out on him because he gave a tidbit of info that they didn't want to hear and he bowed out to avoid any farther confrontation.

#1944 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:32 PM

Tomlinson was released and signed to the practice squad. That bodes well for Boyle coming back this week.
  • Mackus, Mike B and PrimeTime like this

#1945 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:01 PM

No trades for the Ravens I guess?

Chris Westry was designated to return to practice, so that's good. Has 21 days to be back on the 53.

#1946 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:15 PM

The defensive issues have been the big focus of the bye week, particularly after that atrocious performance vs the Bengals. The overall poor play has been concerning but I think there's enough talent there to raise their level of play to at least quasi average.

My bigger concern is with the running game. The organization has to try to something to get the pressure off of Jackson because he simply can't continue to carry this much of the load offensively.

I'm surprised that Le'Veon Bell is still on the roster. I think he's gotten enough chances to show that he just doesn't have it anymore. I need to see Nate McCrary get elevated and get a shot. Also, I hope they practiced the mesh point handoffs during the bye because we need to see that element reintroduced to the offense.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1947 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:46 PM

The defensive issues have been the big focus of the bye week, particularly after that atrocious performance vs the Bengals. The overall poor play has been concerning but I think there's enough talent there to raise their level of play to at least quasi average.

My bigger concern is with the running game. The organization has to try to something to get the pressure off of Jackson because he simply can't continue to carry this much of the load offensively.

I'm surprised that Le'Veon Bell is still on the roster. I think he's gotten enough chances to show that he just doesn't have it anymore. I need to see Nate McCrary get elevated and get a shot. Also, I hope they practiced the mesh point handoffs during the bye because we need to see that element reintroduced to the offense.

Honestly, I don’t think you see the explosive read option plays this season. Without Dobbins or Edwards, we lack the RB that can make opposing teams pay on the edge. Defenses will continue to key on Lamar on every read option, because they have no fear of our RB's beating them.

#1948 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:57 PM

Honestly, I don’t think you see the explosive read option plays this season. Without Dobbins or Edwards, we lack the RB that can make opposing teams pay on the edge. Defenses will continue to key on Lamar on every read option, because they have no fear of our RB's beating them.

Williams is the only one capable of getting to the edge.  Maybe Freeman if he shows the same kind of burst he had against the Chargers. Other than that, you're right, Lamar is the only one getting there.  The problems with the OL has hurt too and things could get even worse over the next month.  It's just mind boggling the amount of injuries this team has suffered and the fact that they're 5-2 is nothing short of a miracle. 

#1949 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:43 PM

I think what we were able to do in 2019 could serve as a template. Granted, we don't have Edwards but Mark Ingram was used quite a bit and he wasn't running to the edges at all. No reason why we can't so some inside runs from the RPO look.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1950 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 07:31 AM

Balt Ravens.com: Marlon Humphrey, Secondary Seek A Bounce Back Performance

https://www.baltimor...ack-performance

#1951 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,001 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:04 PM

https://fivethirtyei...-they-want-you/

The Baltimore Ravens are 6-2, at least a game ahead of every AFC North rival and a half-game behind the Tennessee Titans in the race for the AFC’s No. 1 seed. If they just keep playing the same way they’ve played their first eight games, they could be on track to finish with a 9-8 record and miss the playoffs completely.

Fun article about win probabilities.  Basically says much of what we've all said.  That the Ravens have a lot of really improbable wins, and that the schedule gets harder from here on out.  But because they've already won the games they've won, their playoff odds are very storng.  A lot of interesting tidbits and descriptions of the amazing things that have gone wrong and right to this point.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1952 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:18 PM

Love that headline, too. Good stuff, I enjoyed the read.

#1953 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:23 PM

https://fivethirtyei...-they-want-you/

Fun article about win probabilities.  Basically says much of what we've all said.  That the Ravens have a lot of really improbable wins, and that the schedule gets harder from here on out.  But because they've already won the games they've won, their playoff odds are very storng.  A lot of interesting tidbits and descriptions of the amazing things that have gone wrong and right to this point.  

I guess anything is possible and the Ravens are really damaged by all the injuries, but my question is does anyone really see Lamar Jackson and the Ravens going 3-6 over the next 9.

I think if the Ravens were going to fold, they would have done it by now.

This team is mentally tough, and it fights.

Dobbins

Edwards

Hill

Peters

Stanley

Fort

Wolfe

Boyle

and others

all have been out all year.  (minus the one game Stanley struggled through)

Then during the season

Elliott

Hayes

Cleveland

Westry

Watkins

Mekari

Given all that the team fights.  Maybe the injuries will do them in, but they have hung in so far.

• PrimeTime likes this
@mikeghg

#1954 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:27 PM

The biggest deficits in point margin are 1st (-.88) and 3rd quarter (-1.00). Says a lot about the coaching from an X's and O's standpoint IMO. They need to set the team up better out of the gates. 

#1955 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 07:51 AM

Paul Hembekides
@PaulHembo
·
Nov 8
The Ravens are 3-1 this season when trailing by double digits in the 2nd half.

The rest of the NFL is 8-93 in those games.

• Mashed Potatoes and Mike B like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1956 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 09:02 AM

Paul Hembekides
@PaulHembo
·
Nov 8
The Ravens are 3-1 this season when trailing by double digits in the 2nd half.

The rest of the NFL is 8-93 in those games.

Remember when "Lamar will never be able to come back from a large deficit with his arm" was a thing?

I haven't been paying attention this season, why does he suck now ? I'm sure the Never-Jacksons have moved on to a new narrative they're trying to push for why he sucks.
  • Mashed Potatoes and Mike B like this

#1957 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 09:21 AM

Remember when "Lamar will never be able to come back from a large deficit with his arm" was a thing?

I haven't been paying attention this season, why does he suck now ? I'm sure the Never-Jacksons have moved on to a new narrative they're trying to push for why he sucks.

All these teams they are coming back on are bad teams, even the Chiefs D is really bad, so it doesn't really count. Should never have been behind to begin with. Chargers win was fine but their run D is awful so they only did what they were supposed to do. He will still fail once they play good teams in the playoffs.

Too many picks. Rating are QBR are mediocre (as if they cared about these previously). Receivers are good now and are bailing him out, the Duvernay TD last week and Bateman PI for example. Raiders and Bengals losses are basically on him due to turnovers and inability to get the offense going.

They are still out there, and I've seen stuff like this, though they are way quieter lately.

#1958 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 November 2021 - 09:50 AM

At this point, the main thing I’m hearing from my WFT and Steelers fans friends, is he’s great in the regular season, but we’ll never win a ring with him.

#1959 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 09:53 AM

I thinks it’s quieted down a bit on that front.

For one, the Ravens rarely were ever down by double digits thanks to him. And two, history tells us an average QB is expected to win 10% of those games. In the small sample size, LJ having a 75% success rate, it’s not even hating on him to think that isn’t sustainable.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1960 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 10:08 AM

At this point, the main thing I’m hearing from my WFT and Steelers fans friends, is he’s great in the regular season, but we’ll never win a ring with him.

Weak. Thats said about everyone who doesnt win a ring after making the playoffs a few times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=