#1021 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:20 PM

I don't think Lamar is a terrible guy. I do think when people have been ostracized over a decision, they gravitate towards anything that validates it, like that incredibly stupid, ridiculous story above. As strongly as I disagree with him, or anyone who can't see the bigger picture here and has no sense of civic responsibility, I do think a lot of people are victims with this, not just egregiously stupid. I don't think that's fair. And I don't think this issue says anything about the risk associated with Lamar as our long term QB. And I'm as emotional and firey about covid as anyone.

Slidemaster, my heart truly goes out to you man. No one deserves to live this way.
  • JordanKough likes this

#1022 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,013 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:25 PM

I don't think Lamar is a terrible guy. I do think when people have been ostracized over a decision, they gravitate towards anything that validates it, like that incredibly stupid, ridiculous story above. As strongly as I disagree with him, or anyone who can't see the bigger picture here and has no sense of civic responsibility, I do think a lot of people are victims with this, not just egregiously stupid. I don't think that's fair. And I don't think this issue says anything about the risk associated with Lamar as our long term QB. And I'm as emotional and firey about covid as anyone.

Slidemaster, my heart truly goes out to you man. No one deserves to live this way.

You may be right. Thank you.

#1023 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:40 PM

If Jackson is posting that crap, I'm done with him. Done. What a freaking idiot.

I'm calling it now. Any long-term extension with him is going to backfire big time. I'm ready to move on.

As I said earlier, his excuse would be one of a few ridiculous options.  The one he picked is hardly surprising.  And after researching this doctor, it's almost comical how many times she's contradicted herself and how the CDC would prefer she just go away.  But these are the kind of clowns that social media feeds on like shark frenzy.  Oh well, at least we can add "gullible" to Lamar's personality traits. 

#1024 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 07:54 PM

Yet here you are judging whether or not a recent MVP should continue playing a sport he dominates at times because of his current vaccine status.

If my post came off as judgmental, I apologize.  I really can't make a judgment because I have no idea why he refuses to take the vaccine.  My intent was actually to point out a hypocrisy in not getting the vaccine because you are worried about side effects while you are engaging in an activity that could well leave you with serious long term side effects.  And that goes for any player who is refusing the vaccine on the premise that it may affect their health long term.    

Jesus I can’t believe this debate taken up this much of this thread for this long. So much other stuff to talk about on a sports site. Sheesh.

I think it takes up so much of the thread because there could possibly be long term ramifications should Lamar Jackson contract covid during the season.  Being unvaccinated puts him in the category of a whole different set of tougher rules that could sideline him.  If his name is Blake Bortles, nobody cares.  But he represents 80% of the Ravens offense.  With him they are a threat to drop 30+ points on anyone in the league.  Without him they will probably struggle to get to 14.  Just look at last year.  The 2nd Pittsburgh "covid" game.  That was a very winnable game the way Pittsburgh played.  If the Ravens had Jackson they likely win that game and end up winning the division.  Maybe the playoffs unfold differently.  All speculation of course.  But that's why so many people are weighing in on this.  By refusing the vaccine, he is rolling the dice on his availability in potentially crucial situations during the season.  

• Mike in STL, russsnyder and CantonJester like this

#1025 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 06:32 AM

Wonder how Harbaugh plays the starters this Saturday. Doubt Jackson sees the field. Can't wait to see some of these positional battles play out on the field.

#1026 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 August 2021 - 07:13 AM

Wonder how Harbaugh plays the starters this Saturday. Doubt Jackson sees the field. Can't wait to see some of these positional battles play out on the field.

I would be surprised if Jackson sees the field.

@mikeghg

#1027 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 07:28 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens questions and answers: What we know and still don’t after nine days of training camp

#1028 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 07:30 AM

PressBox: Qadry Ismail: Ravens Can Take A Step Forward In Passing Game In 2021

#1029 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 08:27 AM

A pleasant surprise for Ravens: OT Ronnie Stanley is on the practice field for the first time this training camp. Stanley began camp on PUP after having season-ending ankle surgery in October.

• Mike B, JordanKough and Mike in STL like this

#1030 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:00 AM

BSL: Recapping Ravens Training Camp: Week 2

https://baltimorespo...ng-camp-week-2/

Noteworthy quotes and things from last week. I promise you won't find "vaccine" or it's derivatives in there anywhere. 

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B and 1970 like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1031 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:15 AM

Noteworthy quotes and things from last week. I promise you won't find "vaccine" or it's derivatives in there anywhere. 

Nice work Mike.

The names Madubuike and Proche keep coming up.  Also Queen seems to be getting a lot of props.

This Raven defense should be very athletic.

Odafe, Bowser, Queen Madubuike and the backfield really add an element to the defense.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#1032 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:16 AM

A pleasant surprise for Ravens: OT Ronnie Stanley is on the practice field for the first time this training camp. Stanley began camp on PUP after having season-ending ankle surgery in October.

Damn, that is good news.  

@mikeghg

#1033 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:26 AM

Damn, that is good news.  

And surprising.  I thought for sure he'd be MIA until the season started. 

#1034 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:27 AM

And surprising.  I thought for sure he'd be MIA until the season started. 

It gives me hope he will be there for OD.  Frankly, I do not want to see him during the PS games.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#1035 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:34 AM

It gives me hope he will be there for OD. Frankly, I do not want to see him during the PS games.

I would doubt you see him on a GameDay field until the opening Monday Night game.

#1036 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:37 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about hearing that Queen is still having a hard time picking up Wink's defense in year 2. I understand it is a very complex system, but hopefully he has it figured out. If he can stop thinking and just start reacting, Queen can be a top ILB.

I keep hearing about Proche. But I also keep seeing Deon Cain's name pop up almost every practice. I seriously doubt he makes the team, but if injuries persist in the WR room, those 2 may battle their way into a roster spot.

#1037 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,013 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:53 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about hearing that Queen is still having a hard time picking up Wink's defense in year 2. I understand it is a very complex system, but hopefully he has it figured out. If he can stop thinking and just start reacting, Queen can be a top ILB.

I keep hearing about Proche. But I also keep seeing Deon Cain's name pop up almost every practice. I seriously doubt he makes the team, but if injuries persist in the WR room, those 2 may battle their way into a roster spot.

I'm sorry, but struggling in year 2 to learn the defense doesn't sound good at all, particularly after the awful first year he had.

#1038 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:59 AM

It is amazing how, people want to skip over all the good that has been written about Queen

@mikeghg

#1039 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 12:04 PM

It is amazing how, people want to skip over all the good that has been written about Queen

His main attribute is that he's a great athlete.  However, his tackling last year was not good and his pass coverage abysmal.  He needs to improve markedly on both areas or he's going to be a liability again.  Here's hoping his athleticism coupled with familiarity will do the trick. I have this funny feeling that Oweh is going to do much better in his first year. 

#1040 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2021 - 12:07 PM

True, but it's because the bad - no fluidity, instincts, scheme IQ - honestly make it bad to the point where the good stuff is pretty irrelevant.

It's like defending a strong armed QB for his ability to hit the 50 yard bomb once a game, but also is guaranteed to throw 2-3 INT's.

If I had to bet at this moment, I'd have my money on Queen being a bust. But I hope I'm wrong. Year one is way too early to truly tell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=