2525 replies to this topic

#1041 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 12:44 PM

Jackson has now publicly stated that he has no plans to get vaccinated.

#1042 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 01:26 PM

Jackson is a grown ass man that can make his own decisions about his own health. He doesn't owe anyone control over his body. 

• russsnyder likes this

#1043 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 01:39 PM

Jackson is a grown ass man that can make his own decisions about his own health. He doesn't owe anyone control over his body.

If his own health only affected him, you're right.

It doesn't. It affects the health of the entire team as well as the team's chances to win. This "personal decision" crap is just that - crap.
  • mweb08, Mashed Potatoes and CantonJester like this

#1044 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:05 PM

Then he can live with the repercussions of that. And it isn't communist or bad in any way shape or form, for there to be repercussions as a result of being a selfish member of society. There are countless examples of this before covid. Hopefully the NFL requires it soon. It's incredibly cowardly of them not to.

#1045 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:18 PM

I saw he said he wasn't sure if he would or not. He wanted to talk to teammates and coaches first and see how they felt about it. Unless it's changed, they'll make him wait 3 months before they give it to him now anyway. He will have a natural immunity to it for at least 90 days so they may make him wait so they can give the vaccine to people who need it. That's what I was told by my doctors office who was giving the vaccine out for free a few months ago.

#1046 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:19 PM

Correct.
  • bmore_ken likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1047 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:24 PM

Correct.

Careful. Some think that your body is the possession of the government and your employer, and they should be allowed to force you to do whatever they want to it as long as it's deemed for the greater good.

#1048 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:25 PM

Then he can live with the repercussions of that. And it isn't communist or bad in any way shape or form, for there to be repercussions as a result of being a selfish member of society. There are countless examples of this before covid. Hopefully the NFL requires it soon. It's incredibly cowardly of them not to.

The NFL already made the decision to have teams forfeit games if they are unable to field teams because of unvaccinated players. I doubt the NFL can mandate vaccines any easier than they could mandate players standing for the anthem a few years ago. In both cases, it comes down to one's choice IMO. I would also say that the NFL's push to get the league fully vaccinated is motivated by capitalism. These guys are basically pieces of meat to the owners. They care less about their health and more about fulfilling their TV contracts.

#1049 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:27 PM

I saw he said he wasn't sure if he would or not. He wanted to talk to teammates and coaches first and see how they felt about it. Unless it's changed, they'll make him wait 3 months before they give it to him now anyway. He will have a natural immunity to it for at least 90 days so they may make him wait so they can give the vaccine to people who need it. That's what I was told by my doctors office who was giving the vaccine out for free a few months ago.

Yeah, this is what I got out of it as well. Can't wait to see him on the field.

#1050 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:28 PM

It doesn't. It affects the health of the entire team as well as the team's chances to win. This "personal decision" crap is just that - crap.

He doesn't owe the team control over his personal health.

#1051 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:34 PM

He doesn't owe the team control over his personal health.

Please spare me the "personal health" crap. The team is in total control over his personal health every time they snap him the ball. His personal health is in danger every moment he's on the field. It's not about his personal health. He's afraid that the vaccine is part of a satanist plot - his now-deleted instagram story said as much.

He's an idiot, and if he isn't going to vaccinate, a selfish one to boot.

#1052 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:35 PM

Which is a less offensive way of saying he's not getting it.

The country has mountains of vaccines that nobody wants because 30+ % of the country thinks its going to steal your thoughts, change your DNA, or make you an atheist. This has nothing to do with giving it to people who need it. Almost everyone who wants one has one.
  • CantonJester likes this

#1053 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:37 PM

Careful. Some think that your body is the possession of the government and your employer, and they should be allowed to force you to do whatever they want to it as long as it's deemed for the greater good.

It's not the possession of anyone but you. Mandating vaccines to participate in various activities (public school for example), doesn't mean the government has control over your body. It means you need to not be a selfish asshat who puts people at risk to participate in big group activities. If Lamar wanted to sit at home and eat cheetos while not vaccinated, I wouldn't care and neither would anyone else.
  • Mike in STL and CantonJester like this

#1054 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:39 PM

Which is a less offensive way of saying he's not getting it.

I take it as he doesn't want to, but if the majority of his teammates and coaches say they want him to he probably will.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#1055 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:48 PM

It's not the possession of anyone but you. Mandating vaccines to participate in various activities (public school for example), doesn't mean the government has control over your body. It means you need to not be a selfish asshat who puts people at risk to participate in big group activities. If Lamar wanted to sit at home and eat cheetos while not vaccinated, I wouldn't care and neither would anyone else.

So either sit at home and eat cheetos until you're poor and eventually homeless. Or get the shot and make millions playing a kids game. They may not be holding him down and putting a needle in his arm, but given the options you're offering, it's pretty much the same thing.

#1056 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 02:59 PM

I take it as he doesn't want to, but if the majority of his teammates and coaches say they want him to he probably will.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  The conspiracy theorists and simpletons are a dedicated bunch. 

#1057 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 03:02 PM

Lucky for me that I don't work under the framework of a union like the NFLPA. You know the union that made Roger Goodell Judge, Juror, and executioner of issues involving players. ( You can probably add Supreme Court Justice instead of Juge because he rules on all " appeals" as well.) FWIW, I thought Lamar handled himself pretty well in the presser.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#1058 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 03:04 PM

I heard part of his press conference coming home in the car and he just sounded like a teenage kid fumbling over himself and his words. Lamar has a really hard time articulating thoughts but he said enough for me to believe he has no intention of ever getting the vaccine. You just have to read between the lines.  And there's really nothing anyone can do about it.  He probably thinks he's bullet proof now that he's had it twice. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#1059 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 09 August 2021 - 03:06 PM

The likely outcome here is that he has built-in immunity for some time, and the coaches/players eventually convince him to get the vaccine out of pure pragmatism. FDA will have likely approved it since then, which will help. The fact that the NFL is constructed as it is will also help, as he could literally cost his team games when the season winds down.

He cannot get the vaccine now, so for now, the argument is moot. We can't argue about this forever (OR CAN WE???). The ball is in the court of Campbell and others that plan on meeting with him, and as of now, he can't cost them games.

• russsnyder likes this

#1060 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 03:10 PM

Please spare me the "personal health" crap. The team is in total control over his personal health every time they snap him the ball. His personal health is in danger every moment he's on the field. It's not about his personal health. He's afraid that the vaccine is part of a satanist plot - his now-deleted instagram story said as much.

He's an idiot, and if he isn't going to vaccinate, a selfish one to boot.

What does any of that clap trap have to with getting injected with something, you're not sure you want in your body for whatever the reason is? Try again. 

• russsnyder likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=