818 replies to this topic

#121 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

They had a significant amount last week and they were loud. I'm sure it will be the same tomorrow except even more drunk. I think the Ravens will get a boost from it. These guys love that energy and I'm sure miss it a lot.

Yeah I missed a good portion of the Colts game. Wasnt sure how many they had there. I know the commentary team during the Titans game said Tenn was allowing the most of any teams so it'll be less than last week.

#122 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:17 PM

Will Buf have any fans? If so how many?

The same as the last game ...6700

Roll Tide

#123 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:18 PM

https://www.wgrz.com...68-377b14dfe4eb

Roll Tide

#124 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:21 PM

It's interesting, when you hear the announcers say it's like a real crowd, I was talking to Ken on his podcast this week about the offense who was at the game, that it's still predominantly crowd noise. That with limited fans they're still pumping in noise, which I hadn't realized. 

6,700 people with masks on is really just not going to be that loud. So it makes sense. 

#125 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:11 PM

The same as the last game ...6700

Fewer than last week, Tenn had 14k

#126 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:12 PM

These guys are familiar with playing with 10x that many fans, so I can’t imagine 6700 being a great hinderance as the road team.

#127 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:44 PM

One other analyst thought...if the Ravens have watched enough of Allen they should have some sense of what his check tendencies are in games. They SHOULD be able to throw looks at him and have some sense of what he likes to do against those looks.

Even though I assume they may change some things, you have to think that's just a little more out of his comfort zone. And that the preparation and focus headed into a playoff game might allow for a bit more focus in that regard. 

I'm really thinking the Ravens secondary can shine this weekend if we get a lead. 

#128 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:07 PM

You guys are really into football, and I'm thankful for it
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mackus, JordanKough and 1 other like this
@DaKittenz

#129 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:17 AM

You just have to stir them up! Just kidding LOL

• Mashed Potatoes likes this
Roll Tide

#130 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:28 AM

One other analyst thought...if the Ravens have watched enough of Allen they should have some sense of what his check tendencies are in games. They SHOULD be able to throw looks at him and have some sense of what he likes to do against those looks.

Even though I assume they may change some things, you have to think that's just a little more out of his comfort zone. And that the preparation and focus headed into a playoff game might allow for a bit more focus in that regard. 

I'm really thinking the Ravens secondary can shine this weekend if we get a lead. 

Given the Bills lower than average run game and being without Moss, it really presents an opportunity to consistently drop 7 into coverage. We know that Wink is still going to blitz, of course, but to be able to throw so many different looks at a young QB could bode well. Add to that the fact that each our top 3 corners would be #1 corners themselves on just about any team in the league and I like our chances to take the ball away a couple of times tonight.

• JordanKough likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#131 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:45 AM

It's interesting how the media gets onto a point and it gets repeated, then it becomes true, even if it's not.

We keep hearing about the Bills offense and how tough it will be to slow them down. Kyle Brandt on NFL network said something to the effect of "this is divisional weekend, these are the big boys. This isn't the Titans they're facing, this is the BILLS." As if the Titans are the 2000 Ravens offense and the Bills are the Greatest Show on Turf....the Bills scored 10 more points than the Titans in the regular season and we held them to 13 points, 6 of which came on a blatant OPI. I know it's about matchups, week to week, etc but let's not act slowing down a high powered offense is totally outside our purview. 

Speaking from an offensive standpoint, we're not exactly slouches. Peter Schrager said that the game needs to be in the 20s or the teens for the Ravens to win; as if the Ravens we're not a top 10 scoring offense. Even with the struggles in November and the COVID outbreak, we still averaged over 29 points per game in the regular season. Acting like the Ravens aren't capable of winning a shootout is forgetting what happened a few weeks ago in Cleveland.

Bottom line, I'm over analyzing and it needs to be 8:15 so we can get this show on the road.

• JordanKough and Mike in STL like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#132 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:55 AM

The Ravens are going to control the game.
Buffalo will struggle to stop the run, and that will be all she wrote.
  • Roll Tide and PrimeTime like this

#133 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:28 AM

The Ravens are going to control the game.
Buffalo will struggle to stop the run, and that will be all she wrote.

I think your on here! The reruns of our game, their games with the Colts, and the Chiefs certainly lead to optimism. 

The did hold Lamar’s running in check with the floating front. If that happens it will be a tight low score.

Roll Tide

#134 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:31 AM

I hope you're right Chris. If this were the regular season I'd have a lot more to say because I think we are a bad matchup for the Bills across the board. Run D vs Run O, Pass D vs Pass O and vice versa. But at this point in the season I'm just nervous. Anything can happen in football.

I hope we play well, we'll be okay if we do. Go Ravens!

#135 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,933 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:35 AM

I can't settle on how I think tonight will go.  My predictions are usually wildly wrong anyways.

Would love to see a run-dominant offensive game plan with Lamar and Andrews killing the Bills in the red zone.

#136 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:37 AM

Baseball and the O's will always be my first love. The lack of player development really soured my hope, so did Angelos. The Buck years were so fun. I'm looking forward to what Elias can do and will be leaning on Mr. Phelan and the rest of y'all over the summer as usual.

• BobPhelan and sandiegosean like this

#137 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:43 AM

I can't settle on how I think tonight will go.  My predictions are usually wildly wrong anyways.

Would love to see a run-dominant offensive game plan with Lamar and Andrews killing the Bills in the red zone.

Yea I'm too emotionally invested to have a prediction I'm confident in. The one thing I learned this week from Ken's pod is that the Bills don't deviate from nickel defense. Even when Indy went heavy they didn't match it and much of it is because of lack of personnel. But we've seen lighter defensive sets give us problems.

Buffalo's problem is their front 4 gets blown off the ball. They don't have the Bosa's, Simmons' or Chris Jones' up front. They also play almost exclusively zone. Like Mike said above, I expect a big day for Andrews who's greatest strength is finding space in zone.

#138 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:32 AM

This post was brought to you by edibles.
  • Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this
@DaKittenz

#139 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:30 AM

BUFFALO 27; BALTIMORE 24

And yes, I hope I'm wrong.  

• JStruds likes this

#140 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:47 AM

Personally, I think the Bills will sell out to stop the run and make the Ravens throw.  That's the way they approached it last year, and the Ravens offense is not that much different.  On offense obviously their passing game is what makes them go.  They don't have all that much of a run game so they will use the short pass as a run and use Allen on some bootlegs.  The weather shouldn't be a major factor, but it will be a little windy with snow showers so passes could sail at times.  If it comes down to the kicking game, their kicker, Tyler Bass is good.  Obviously the Ravens have the best in the game.  Their punter led the league in average and put 18 inside the 20.  They punted 41 times this season, the Ravens punted 51 times.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=