818 replies to this topic

#101 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:21 AM

Are you talking about the backwards pass near the end zone? Even though it worked it was a terrible play call by Roman and could’ve been disastrous.

They ran it twice. I think the second one a couple drives later was the close to their endzone one. I was not of fan of that one in that location. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#102 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:29 AM

Wonder if fatigue will end up factoring in. 

Bills played 76 snaps of defense last week, and 80 defensive snaps in week 17 (was a blowout, can't tell if the defense got a quarter off or something).

Ravens played 49 last week, and only 40 against the Bengals in week 17.

156 vs. 89? It's as if Buffalo's defense had to play an extra games worth of plays in the last two weeks combined, or the Ravens defense barely had to break a sweat.

• Mackus, PrimeTime and Huddle It Up Films like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#103 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:02 PM

Wonder if fatigue will end up factoring in. 

Bills played 76 snaps of defense last week, and 80 defensive snaps in week 17 (was a blowout, can't tell if the defense got a quarter off or something).

Ravens played 49 last week, and only 40 against the Bengals in week 17.

156 vs. 89? It's as if Buffalo's defense had to play an extra games worth of plays in the last two weeks combined, or the Ravens defense barely had to break a sweat.

Interesting.  Would be really interesting to go back and see how snaps played in previous week(s) influences defensive performance leaguewide.  

If there is a fatigue advantage for this reason, I wonder how much if any is negated by the days of rest advantage the Bills will have with an extra day since their last game compared to the Ravens.

#104 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:10 PM

They didn’t get much going on the ground except the long TD run.

I'll pick a nit here, they had 188 yards running without the long TD run last week...there were some ineffective runs, but it's not correct to say they only success came from the long TD run. It was only about 20% of the total running output. 

They also averaged 5.5 YPC on the remaining 34 carries. 

#105 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:12 PM

I think it's interesting that this game will be won between the 20's, IMO. Not in the red zone. I think both teams will be effective in the red zone.

The key to slowing the Bills down in terms of total points is don't let them get down to the red zone and don't let them do all that creative stuff they do. They run heavy passing concepts with Allen acting as a runner and it's hard to defend. None of this bend don't break stuff. Make Buffalo earn every yeard between the 20's. No easy releases, no off coverage. You can still mix man and zone and play at the LOS. No easy reads for Allen. 

To me the focus is making them earn it between the 20's, and you live with whatever red zone performance you get. 

#106 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:43 PM

I'll pick a nit here, they had 188 yards running without the long TD run last week...there were some ineffective runs, but it's not correct to say they only success came from the long TD run. It was only about 20% of the total running output.

They also averaged 5.5 YPC on the remaining 34 carries.

I meant before that run. They didn’t have much going. 2nd half they looked more like themselves.
@BSLMikeRandall

#107 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:52 PM

I meant before that run. They didn’t have much going. 2nd half they looked more like themselves.

True. 12 for 47 by rough count before that so 3.9 YPC, so that'd be right. Obviously from there it was on, lol. 

I think some of that was also just no rhythm. The drop by Andrews and the INT really unlugged everything. 

I also think this is evidence for why Roman has to keep running it. See what the defense is doing. ID the concepts you want to attack it. Keep at it and keep sustaining drives, because once you do, it becomes a load. Down 10, up 10. It woks the same way. 

Taking out the kneel. They had 190 yards after that on 22 carries at 8.6 YPC. Dont' get stymied and taken out of your strength. Run the ball! 

• Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this

#108 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:08 PM

This has been a great thread with awesome thoughts. I just have to say that I'm personally at the point where I can't analyze it much more for my own sanity lol. This is an example of me missing work and the outside world to take my mind off of things.

Man I hope we win!!! Another shot at KC or an AFC Championship Game at M&T would be something else. Go Ravens!

I hope we run them into the ground mercilessly in the 4th quarter. Here it is try to hit it, three pitch K on fastballs type of style.

• JordanKough and PrimeTime like this

#109 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:28 PM

I know I'm kind of done analyzing too, but I can't stop thinking about the game! 

• Huddle It Up Films likes this

#110 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:34 PM

I don't really see many Ravens fans out here in Southern MoCo, but is Purple Friday still a big thing around Baltimore? 

#111 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:37 PM

I don't really see many Ravens fans out here in Southern MoCo, but is Purple Friday still a big thing around Baltimore? 

In our homes?

• Mike B, BSLRoseKatz and Huddle It Up Films like this

#112 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:42 PM

In our homes?

I'm rocking my Lamar color rush jersey from home today, what's the problem?

• BSLChrisStoner, JordanKough and Huddle It Up Films like this

#113 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:56 PM

You know the sports media is all talked out about a game when they're splitting hairs about the potential weather conditions on Saturday night. 

• Mike B and JordanKough like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#114 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 January 2021 - 03:35 PM

You know the sports media is all talked out about a game when they're splitting hairs about the potential weather conditions on Saturday night. 

Yep, the talking is about done.  Let's play the game and hope for a Ravens win.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@mikeghg

#115 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:56 PM

I’m watching the Bills versus Chiefs on NFL Network. Edwards-Helaire is going for nearly 8 yards per carry through 3 Quarters

Roll Tide

#116 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:15 PM

Predictions are 25-22 in favor of the Ravens 

https://www.baltimor...sional-playoffs

Roll Tide

#117 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:16 PM

5 Bold Predictions

https://ravenswire.u...s-nfl-playoffs/

Roll Tide

#118 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:32 PM

Made a quick trip to the store. Heard on The Fan, LaCanfora doing a rundown of the games tight ends have had against the Bills defense this year. Long story short, if the field is wet, it's because Mark Andrews is salivating so much. I might drop a unit on a prop bet for Andrews to score a TD, +185.

All the analysis, I've seen more things going in our favor than the Bills favor. Vegas line has shrunk from BUF -3.5 to -2.5, meaning take away home field, Ravens the slightest of favorites. Basically a toss up. Hope these are good signs. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#119 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:45 PM

Will Buf have any fans? If so how many?

#120 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:50 PM

They had a significant amount last week and they were loud. I'm sure it will be the same tomorrow except even more drunk. I think the Ravens will get a boost from it. These guys love that energy and I'm sure miss it a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=