BSL: Ravens beat TEN, On to BUF

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:13 AM

Final DVOA numbers for the 2020 season: 

Buffalo 4th overall, 5th ranked offense, 12th ranked defense, 4th ranked special teams

Baltimore 7th overall, 11th ranked offense, 9th ranked defense, 2nd ranked special teams

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:13 AM

Bills open as field-goal favorites over Ravens in divisional-round matchup

I like being underdogs.  Feed the fire.  

I am sure the Bills would have preferred the Steelers.

@mikeghg

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:43 AM

Weather could be a factor.  Lake effect snow showers are predicted for Buffalo.  May not be much, but I do remember how badly the Ravens were slipping in Cleveland a few weeks back.

#5 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:58 AM

Not just snow, the wind was a mess last year. Both teams combined for just 466 yards. A few balls looked like they were just batted down by nothing.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#6 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:00 AM

Weather could be a factor.  Lake effect snow showers are predicted for Buffalo.  May not be much, but I do remember how badly the Ravens were slipping in Cleveland a few weeks back.

Being outdoors in Buffalo I'm pretty confident they play on some kind of field/turf

#7 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:31 AM

Honestly, I see this game as very winnable. I think we match up well with the Bills as the Colts were able to move the ball up and down the field against the Bills. If our defense can repeat yesterday this might be a game we can control from start to finish.

Im going Ravens 27 - Bills 13

Roll Tide

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:43 AM

Its likely to be a slugfest. The two hottest AFC teams entering the playoffs

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:34 AM

I don't think this will be a shootout. It probably comes down to a field goal and a single big play or two.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:44 AM

Ravens and Buffalo were 5th and 6th this year in TOP.

#11 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:05 AM

Unlike the challenge of selling out to stop Henry and the Titans run game while still holding up on the backend, this feels like almost the exact opposite. Except, instead of a traditional run game, your other problem is Josh Allen making plays himself, whether taking off or just making off-schedule, highlight reel throws. Makes sense that he's good against man coverage, especially with those weapons.

Weather is an interesting factor, for sure. Besides the fact that Allen is familiar with nasty conditions in college and again in Buffalo, I feel like the absolute cannon attached to his shoulder is going to mitigate some of the problems wind can cause for the passing game.

Hopefully the running game has a more successful day from the first snap in this game. Seeing the Titans defense get pressure like they did was disturbing to say the least.

#12 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:06 AM

Worried about our secondary in this game. Diggs and Brown can beat you deep. Our defense has been susceptible to big plays.

Still, Indy ran all over Buffalo's defense. 163 yards. We can run on them, and should, early and often.

Indy racked up 472 total yards.

It's going to be very close and losing to Buffalo is nothing to be ashamed about. Still, I think we move onto the AFCCG.

Ravens 27

Bills 23

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:17 AM

Being outdoors in Buffalo I'm pretty confident they play on some kind of field/turf

I believe I remember reading how their turf is similar to ours.  We were up there last year and the game was played in very windy conditions.  It was close but the Ravens won.  I think they do it again..

@mikeghg

#14 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:03 PM

I know little about their running game but just saw a tweet that Zack Moss is out the rest of the postseason with an ankle injury. Their second leading rusher.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:13 PM

The Bills are 20th in the NFL in rushing yards per game - and had 144 less rushing attempts than Baltimore. Their run game is really a short/quick pass game underneath, in order to work you over the top later in series/games. But the run game is not something to fear heading into Saturday. Making Josh Allen uncomfortable, and containing him when he breaks the pocket is key here. Can't beat Josh Allen if he's able to break the pocket without consequence, or even worse, stay in the pocket and go through his progressions.

Beasley got dinged up a bit in the game on Saturday. He and Diggs are Allen's favorite targets, but Beasley, in particular, on the short passes. 

Bills are 17th in rush yards per game allowed. They're 13th in passing yards per game allowed. They're 16th in points allowed. They're 15th in sacks. This part seems flukeish to me given everything else, but they are 3rd in takeaways and 4th in turnover differential. 

Basically, the Ravens should be able to score on Buffalo - this game, to me, will come down to how much they are able to contain Allen and the Bills one dimensional, yet really good offense. 

• PrimeTime, Huddle It Up Films and makoman like this

#16 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:06 PM

First time I'm gonna be rooting against Stefon Diggs basically ever, this is rough

she/her

#17 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:13 PM

Pressure Allen into making mistakes. Cover Diggs as well as we handled AJ Brown (minus the first drive)

Control the clock. The Bills’ D doesn’t impress me
  • Roll Tide likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#18 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

It's almost a week away but the long range, Buffalo weather forecast from NOAA is saying cloudy, cold with a 40% chance of snow showers. Temperatures Saturday night in the upper 20's.  Sounds like smash mouth weather to me. 

#19 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:52 PM

I borrowed a term from tennis but we need to avoid those unforced errors. Lamar's pick yesterday was the glaring example but dropped passes and stupid penalties are the others.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#20 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:55 PM

I borrowed a term from tennis but we need to avoid those unforced errors. Lamar's pick yesterday was the glaring example but dropped passes and stupid penalties are the others.

They made it the whole game without an illegal formation penalty so I think that's a major win

• PrimeTime and JStruds like this

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=