1111 replies to this topic

#1001 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

I wonder if the Seahawks still have idiots who think Russell Wilson isn't a good passing QB?

#1002 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:01 PM

ok....LOL

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476i7qq92whutfs2k32a

• DuffMan likes this

#1003 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:03 PM

ok....LOL

In 2 and a half seasons as starter, he's been to the postseason 3 times, won 2 division titles, a unanimous MVP, has a 3.5 to 1 TD to INT ratio, a 102.6 QB rating and 2, 1000 yard rushing seasons....what does he need to do in your eyes? Walk on water?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1004 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

Dude is so mad and dillusional on a night that the Ravens won their first playoff game in 6 years. And we are supposed to believe that he doesn't hate Lamar and therefore has been backed into rooting against his team . Its just sad.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1005 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

Congrats guys on the W!

And y'all are being too hard on Mr. Tide. I mean if he somehow thinks a RB with fewer than 1,000 yards from scrimmage is the Team MVP, then moving to Lamar to RB is making him more valuable!
  • You Play to Win the Game and 1970 like this

#1006 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

He's a good to great as a passer. He threw the ball great last year. Less well this year. He's an elite playmaker as a scrambler and runner.

The take that he should change positions is the worst opinion I've ever heard someone have on sports. It's disqualifying in terms of ever being taken seriously.

I have to admit when the Ravens first drafted him I was in that camp.  I thought switching him to RB, he could be just like Gale Sayers given his elusiveness.  I still think he is only a slightly above average passer on anything other than the short game.  But in the Ravens offense he really doesn't have to be a great passer.  The offense they have designed goes because of him.  He brings a dimension to the offense that nobody else really has and forces a team to prepare for something they don't have a lot of experience defending.  

The only drawback is if he were to get injured for an extended period of time during the season, the Ravens offense is done.  Nobody else can run the offense like he can.  Every contender would suffer if their QB went down, but I feel like the Ravens would be more like the Colts were without Manning, hard pressed to win a game because their offense is so dependent on one man.  

#1007 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:08 PM

Pre-draft thinking that Lamar should change positions wasn't a completely insane opinion. It's been proven wrong, but that was before we knew what he could do at this level and how it'd play out. Most QBs that get drafted aren't very good, and Lamar had the skills to possibly exceed elsewhere.

Still thinking he should change positions after 3 great years to start his career is a completely insane opinion. Utterly without merit or support.
  • cprenegade likes this

#1008 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:08 PM

In 2 and a half seasons as starter, he's been to the postseason 3 times, won 2 division titles, a unanimous MVP, has a 3.5 to 1 TD to INT ratio, a 102.6 QB rating and 2, 1000 yard rushing seasons....what does he need to do in your eyes? Walk on water?

What I love is the declaration that he'll never be as good as '19. Well no shit. He had one of the best seasons ever for a QB. Unanimous MVPs aren't named in seasons that arent historically great. His year this year was very good. He won 11 of 15 starts. Finished 6th in the league in QBR and his 99.3 QB rating that doesnt weigh his impact running the ball in any way is also very good . Hell, for a guy who apparently cant pass its gotta be amazing.
  • BobPhelan and PrimeTime like this

#1009 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:09 PM

I will just say Lamar was the best player on the field today, and I am going to enjoy this one,  Do we have to have someone run down the man’s accomplishments after every game.

• BobPhelan and PrimeTime like this
@mikeghg

#1010 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:18 PM

Im also just gonna say it. I think Ricker is likely right about why Tide hates Lamar. I say that as someone who told Ricker he can't be going around accusing someone of that so casually. I can't come up with another reason to be so strongly a hater of Lamar at this point.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1011 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:18 PM

Pre-draft thinking that Lamar should change positions wasn't a completely insane opinion. It's been proven wrong, but that was before we knew what he could do at this level and how it'd play out. Most QBs that get drafted aren't very good, and Lamar had the skills to possibly exceed elsewhere.

Still thinking he should change positions after 3 great years to start his career is a completely insane opinion. Utterly without merit or support.

And I agree with that.  What he brings to the offense is greater than it could ever be converting him to a RB.  I obviously was wrong back then.  

#1012 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:23 PM

Am I mistaken, or was this the first time in the Lamar Jackson era that the Ravens fell behind by more than 7 points and came back to win? I don't remember any others.

That is correct.

#1013 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:25 PM

Because that’s everybody’s go to when arguing the other side. Lamar’s best season statistically when it’s all said will be last year. Wait and see. Lamar was great running the ball today. As I have mentioned a million times, he’s a great athlete and I would use him like T Hill or a convert to RB or WR.

Jesus Christ.

That is just a horrific idea.

#1014 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:26 PM

Im also just gonna say it. I think Ricker is likely right about why Tide hates Lamar. I say that as someone who told Ricker he can't be going around accusing someone of that so casually. There really isn't another reason to be such a hater at this point.

It has nothing to do with the color of his skin. It’s a shame that is what you guys resort to! 

Doesn’t matter as I could give a shit less about what you or Ricker think!!!!

Ive been very consistent with my position. I don’t like Jackson as a passer! I think he benefited last years from defenses trying to over defend the run. He doesn’t throw well outside and down the field. Look at the stats! Look at the defenses stacking 9 inside the hashes daring him to pass down the sideline. 

This year he beat up on the bad teams and struggled against the good ones. I know you only play who is on your schedule. But, 4 of the last 5 teams were horrible and Cleveland benefited like other teams that feasted off Philly, Washington, Dallas, and the Giants. 

But, stick to your story if you must

Roll Tide

#1015 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

Dude is so mad and dillusional on a night that the Ravens won their first playoff game in 6 years. And we are supposed to believe that he doesn't hate Lamar and therefore has been backed into rooting against his team . Its just sad.

Another stupid post that has absolutely no factual content! But keep it up little man!

Roll Tide

#1016 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:29 PM

It has nothing to do with the color of his skin. It’s a shame that is what you guys resort to!

Doesn’t matter as I could give a shit less about what you or Ricker think!!!!

Ive been very consistent with my position. I don’t like Jackson as a passer! I think he benefited last years from defenses trying to over defend the run. He doesn’t throw well outside and down the field. Look at the stats! Look at the defenses stacking 9 inside the hashes daring him to pass down the sideline.

So while he benefitted from teams over defending the run, he set the all time rushing record for QBs. Huh. Nice logic.

#1017 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

I didn’t say he was trash .... go back to my initial post.

You believe he is not good enough to play his position and would trade him for Sam Darnold.

You may not have said he's trash, but you're obviously ready to throw him out.

#1018 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:31 PM

So while he benefitted from teams over defending the run, he set the all time rushing record for QBs. Huh. Nice logic.

I never have doubted his athletic ability or running which is off the charts. But, to say he’s “A good to elite passer” is a joke and only something a homer would say....BTW, I know you didn’t say it

Roll Tide

#1019 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:33 PM

You believe he is not good enough to play his position and would trade him for Sam Darnold.

You may not have said he's trash, but you're obviously ready to throw him out.

Very consistent... There is no way I’d give him 30-40 million dollars per season on a 4 to 6 year deal. If the Ravens do ...we will live to regret it. Worse than Flacco the last 3 or 4 years

Roll Tide

#1020 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 08:36 PM

Very consistent... There is no way I’d give him 30-40 million dollars per season on a 4 to 6 year deal. If the Ravens do ...we will live to regret it. Worse than Flacco the last 3 or 4 years

If you were in charge who would you have play quarterback next year after you convert Lamar to WR?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=