#981 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:30 PM

But it didn't because The Defense put the team on his back and won the game. Hey, I'm right with you on Lamar. He'll never be a prototypical quarterback, but today's game showed why he is the reigning MVP.  That is AFTER you mocked him for being MVP earlier in the game.   

I still don't understand why being a unanimous MVP winner is a bad thing in your eyes, but whatever. 

Fixed It for you

Roll Tide

#982 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:31 PM

Not how I feel it’s the truth! Funny that you guys get so butt hurt here for keeping it real. The guy benefitted by the league trying to figure out how to defend this offense last year. His stats will never be better than last year. Wait and see

The offense scored 20 today against a defense that’s been horrible versus the pass. Where is the 38 that they averaged against the dogs?

Nice that you have to stoop to name calling...classy!

You wanting to convert him to a RB / WR is your truth.  And so is the reaction to that.

#983 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

That's never going to happen.  Just enjoy that he is here and not on some other team.  

I also don't discount the possibility if Lamar winning another MVP down the road.  It's possible. Hopefully he continues to get better on the traditional QB skills as well. 

He is what he is as a passer. You can hope but, another team put 9 in the middle today and dared him to beat you outside. And they’ve been awful against the pass. 

Roll Tide

#984 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:35 PM

Because that’s everybody’s go to when arguing the other side. Lamar’s best season statistically when it’s all said will be last year. Wait and see. Lamar was great running the ball today. As I have mentioned a million times, he’s a great athlete and I would use him like T Hill or a convert to RB or WR.

Let me get this straight. You have a QB who has a career to this point where he has completed 64% of his passes. Has averaged 30 TD passes a season as a starter, has a near 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio, averages 7.5 YPA, has a career QB rating over 100, and your answer is to not let him continue to play QB?

Just stop. You're wrong. Just admit that. Lamar is a very good QB at the absolute worst.
  • BSLChrisStoner, The Epic and Mashed Potatoes like this

#985 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:36 PM

You wanting to convert him to a RB / WR is your truth.  And so is the reaction to that.

yep .... And I don’t care anymore. We won today because we took Henry’s impact away. It wasn’t a dominant offensive performance. It was a dominant defensive performance.

Roll Tide

#986 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:37 PM

Let me get this straight. You have a QB who has a career to this point where he has completed 64% of his passes. Has averaged 30 TD passes a season as a starter, has a near 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio, averages 7.5 YPA, has a career QB rating over 100, and your answer is to not let him continue to play QB?

Just stop. You're wrong. Just admit that. Lamar is a very good QB at the absolute worst.

If you think Jackson is a great passer your so far in the weeds it’s not funny!

Roll Tide

#987 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:41 PM

Gave up only 13 ....Henry had 2.2 YPC. We gave up 3 in the second half. And had the pick to seal it.

But the game was won on Lamar’s back.

Roll Tide

#988 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:42 PM

yep .... And I don’t care anymore. We won today because we took Henry’s impact away. It was not a dominant offensive performance. It was a dominant defensive performance.

I dont disagree with that. Defense is the MVP today. They stepped up, and outside of a couple big plays to a phenomenal WR, they locked a really good offense up.

Offense struggled. They allowed a team that couldn't pressure anyone, to consistently pressure Lamar. Roman avoided last years mistake and didn't panic and go super pass happy. He adjusted and moved the ball.

There is also no denying that this offense went through Lamar. He made every big play when he had to. He hit Brown on some big passes. And he broke long runs at the right moments. Outside of the INT, he was phenomenal today.

#989 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:43 PM

He's a good to great as a passer. He threw the ball great last year. Less well this year. He's an elite playmaker as a scrambler and runner.

The take that he should change positions is the worst opinion I've ever heard someone have on sports. It's disqualifying in terms of ever being taken seriously.
  • The Epic, mweb08 and BobPhelan like this

#990 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:46 PM

What did my post say? Don't deflect. Don't put words in my mouth. I just put numbers up there. Passing stats. No answer to what I asked? Thats all I want. I posted the passing stats. Your answer to a guy putting those numbers up THROWING, is to move him from the QB position?

#991 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

He's a good to great as a passer. He threw the ball great last year. Less well this year. He's an elite playmaker as a scrambler and runner.

The take that he should change positions is the worst opinion I've ever heard someone have on sports. It's disqualifying in terms of ever being taken seriously.

i especially don’t you care what you think! He’s not an elite passing QB. He’s just not and never will be.

Roll Tide

#992 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Pretty sure we will have the Sat night game if we play KC

That would be my guess as well.   I'm thinking LA/GB is 4 on Saturday,  Balt/KC Sat night, Pitt/Buff Sunday at 1, and TB/NO Sunday at 4.  That's if Pittsburgh wins tonight.  

#993 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:47 PM

I feel awkward being in the middle ground between the "Lamar is GOAT and played a fantastic game!!" crowd and the "Lamar is trash who played ok, I guess" crowd.

#994 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:49 PM

I feel awkward being in the middle ground between the "Lamar is GOAT and played a fantastic game!!" crowd and the "Lamar is trash who played ok, I guess" crowd.

I didn’t say he was trash .... go back to my initial post. 

Roll Tide

#995 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:52 PM

i especially don’t you care what you think! He’s not an elite passing QB. He’s just not and never will be.

Fortunately for the Ravens "passing QB" is not a position. Quarterback is. Lamar is clearly an elite quarterback even if he's just above average as a pure passer right now.

When the NFL changes the rules and doesn't let quarterbacks cross the line of scrimmage, then maybe you'd have a sound reason to change his position.

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game, TwentyThirtyFive and 1 other like this

#996 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:52 PM

They just announced the game times.  I called the LA/GB and TB/NO time slots, although the Sunday times are different.  But the Buffalo game is Sat night and the KC game is Sunday at 3:05.

#997 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:56 PM

Who said he was an elite passer? I'm perfectly fine with him being a really good to borderline great at times passer. As long as he's also making huge plays with his legs. I mean, to this point his passing numbers as far as TD's, YPA, TD:INT ratio and QB rating are better or on par with guys like Stafford, Roethlisberger and Rivers. I dare to say you wouldn't even dream of not playing them at QB. But you say a guy with similar stats should be moved?

I'll take a passer like those guys with his legs at QB every single time.

#998 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:56 PM

Fortunately for the Ravens "passing QB" is not a position. Quarterback is. Lamar is clearly an elite quarterback even if he's just above average as a pure passer right now.

When the NFL changes the rules and doesn't let quarterbacks cross the line of scrimmage, then maybe you'd have a sound reason to change his position.

ok....LOL

Roll Tide

#999 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,754 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:57 PM

The flat Earth folks have a stronger case
  • You Play to Win the Game, JStruds and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#1000 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

Yup this one feels so good. So glad we don’t have to hear that dumb “Lamar hasn’t won a playoff game” BS anymore.

And he came back after being behind.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=