1111 replies to this topic

#961 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

I mean, they were trailing after the first and everything, the gold standard for QB performance.

#962 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:04 PM

I just took a look at the GamePass replay and found Butler flipping the bird to Lamar right before 3rd and 6, Tennessee up 10-0 before the Ravens first points. Slow-mo Lamar walking back to the huddle and him and Butler are jawing at each other. Lamar points at him while saying something, and a couple seconds later Butler gives him the middle finger. It's clear as day. 31:20 mark if you want to see it for yourself.

That's an unsportsmanlike penalty if a referee sees it, right?

I'd love to see someone ask Lamar about it tomorrow but I'm sure he'll brush it off. Watching it live I honestly felt like you could see Lamar actually start looking "angry motivated" from that point on...

#963 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:04 PM

I'm not going to dock his running when he blew past their entire team for 50 and a TD and ran for 3x what Henry ran for.

I’m not docking him. I said he had a few awesome runs. But, his yards per play was elevated by a few big gains. 

Roll Tide

#964 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:06 PM

I’m not docking him. I said he had a few awesome runs. But, his yards per play was elevated by a few big gains.

I don't think there's any need to downplay his YPG, because his big gains weren't some lucky fluke. They're precisely why Lamar is as dangerous as he is. He does that every week.

#965 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:07 PM

ROFL. Why yes, yes they were elevated by some big gains. Great observation and point.
  • The Epic likes this

#966 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

This makes no sense. Of course his yards per play was influenced by big gains. It was also influenced by his runs that didn't gain yards.

You add up all the yards then divide it by the number of runs.

#967 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:11 PM

ROFL. Why yes, yes they were elevated by some big gains. Great observation and point.

I’m not arguing with you guys tonight. I’m glad we won and hopefully we don’t need to rely on the pass against the Bills or KC to win. If we can win with running and defense we have a shot.

Roll Tide

#968 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:13 PM

Am I mistaken, or was this the first time in the Lamar Jackson era that the Ravens fell behind by more than 7 points and came back to win?  I don't remember any others.  

#969 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:14 PM

The pick was awful...Deny it, I know you want to! Lamar had a few really Awesome runs. But, also had quite a few 0-2 yard gains. Dobbins and Edwards both had nearly 5 per carry.

I know this isn't directed at me. But I said that when it happened. I believe I even said it was the worst throw I've ever seen Lamar make.

And thr RBs weren't even close to getting 5 with every carry. They ran hard and they picked up yards when they had to. But Dobbins had 43 yards with a long of 12. Take away the 12 yards and his YPC is under 4. Edwards was the better RB today, I feel like he did churn out 3 to 4 at least every time he touched the ball. I would say overall the RBs had a solid day. And Lamar was the great one.

#970 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:15 PM

Am I mistaken, or was this the first time in the Lamar Jackson era that the Ravens fell behind by more than 7 points and came back to win?  I don't remember any others.  

it definitely moves the ball on the down after the 1st quarter stat.

Roll Tide

#971 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Here is what is great about today.

1. It shut down so many narratives. We're soft, Lamar cant win in the playoffs, cant come back from double digits.

2. It was the Titans, who crapped on our run last year, and then disrespected us and tore our hearts out again in the reg season.

Add it all up and its extremely gratifying. Like a 10 out 10 hummer.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#972 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Doesn’t matter to the homers! That play was where the game was tight. It could’ve swung things the other way if not for the defense.

But it didn't because Lamar put the team on his back and won the game. Hey, I'm right with you on Lamar. He'll never be a prototypical quarterback, but today's game showed why he is the reigning MVP.  That is AFTER you mocked him for being MVP earlier in the game.   

I still don't understand why being a unanimous MVP winner is a bad thing in your eyes, but whatever. 

#973 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

I know this isn't directed at me. But I said that when it happened. I believe I even said it was the worst throw I've ever seen Lamar make.

And thr RBs weren't even close to getting 5 with every carry. They ran hard and they picked up yards when they had to. But Dobbins had 43 yards with a long of 12. Take away the 12 yards and his YPC is under 4. Edwards was the better RB today, I feel like he did churn out 3 to 4 at least every time he touched the ball. I would say overall the RBs had a solid day. And Lamar was the great one.

look at the box ...Dobbins and Edwards both averaged 4.8 YPC

Roll Tide

#974 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:18 PM

I’m not arguing with you guys tonight. I’m glad we won and hopefully we don’t need to rely on the pass against the Bills or KC to win. If we can win with running and defense we have a shot.

Is Lamar your MVP yet? People don't WANT to argue with you. But your refusal to admit Lamar is the best player on our team is so annoying. Then you wait for him to make a mistake and come here with some "thats your MVP" pot-shot BS. Thats YOUR MVP too if you're really a Ravens fan. And you better damn well hope he keeps playing like one if you want to see a Superbowl.

#975 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:20 PM

look at the box ...Dobbins and Edwards both averaged 4.8 YPC

I explained it. You want to take away the importance of Lamars big plays. Take one Dobbins play away and he's down to 3.8 YPC. Lamar won this game for the offense.

#976 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:21 PM

But it didn't because Lamar put the team on his back and won the game. Hey, I'm right with you on Lamar. He'll never be a prototypical quarterback, but today's game showed why he is the reigning MVP.  That is AFTER you mocked him for being MVP earlier in the game.   

I still don't understand why being a unanimous MVP winner is a bad thing in your eyes, but whatever. 

Because that’s everybody’s go to when arguing the other side. Lamar’s best season statistically when it’s all said will be last year. Wait and see. Lamar was great running the ball today. As I have mentioned a million times, he’s a great athlete and I would use him like T Hill or a convert to RB or WR. 

Roll Tide

#977 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:22 PM

Because that’s everybody’s go to when arguing the other side. Lamar’s best season statistically when it’s all said will be last year. Wait and see. Lamar was great running the ball today. As I have mentioned a million times, he’s a great athlete and I would use him like T Hill or a convert to RB or WR.

And you're an idiot if thats truly how you feel. Point blank.

#978 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:23 PM

Is Lamar your MVP yet? People don't WANT to argue with you. But your refusal to admit Lamar is the best player on our team is so annoying. Then you wait for him to make a mistake and come here with some "thats your MVP" pot-shot BS. Thats YOUR MVP too if you're really a Ravens fan. And you better damn well hope he keeps playing like one if you want to see a Superbowl.

So be annoyed....If you need to rely on your MVP to throw the ball to win a big game we’re in trouble. The defense carried the team today! There is no denying it!

Roll Tide

#979 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:27 PM

And you're an idiot if thats truly how you feel. Point blank.

Not how I feel it’s the truth! Funny that you guys get so butt hurt here for keeping it real. The guy benefitted by the league trying to figure out how to defend this offense last year. His stats will never be better than last year. Wait and see

The offense scored 20 today against a defense that’s been horrible versus the pass. Where is the 38 that they averaged against the dogs?

Nice that you have to stoop to name calling...classy!

Roll Tide

#980 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:30 PM

That's never going to happen.  Just enjoy that he is here and not on some other team.  

I also don't discount the possibility if Lamar winning another MVP down the road.  It's possible. Hopefully he continues to get better on the traditional QB skills as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=