1111 replies to this topic

#81 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:15 PM

Good catch. I didn't look at the snap counts after the Tennessee game, I thought number seemed high for him.

The high amount of snaps for the next few weeks after Tennessee makes perfect sense in context; there were some injury issues and then Wolfe dodged the COVID outbreak, so he was one of the few starters left standing for Pittsburgh.

Yeah he was basically last man up and did a good job. Campbell and Williams were both back for Dallas but limited. That game never felt in doubt at the time but I forgot that we only made them punt once and they missed 3 FGs. Anyway it's good to be back to about as full strength as it's gonna get.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this

#82 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 January 2021 - 07:38 PM

I believe Wolfe got hurt in the 4th and didn't play OT, too. 

Not sure. I think I remember him dejectedly walking off the field as Henry scored in OT

• JordanKough likes this
@mikeghg

#83 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:03 PM

Not sure. I think I remember him dejectedly walking off the field as Henry scored in OT

Yes, he was the one who missed the tackle on the Henry TD run.  He was lying on the field with his head in his hands, obviously dejected.

• Mike B and JordanKough like this

#84 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Titans scouting report for the AFC wild-card round: Who has the edge?

#85 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:50 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens WR Willie Snead IV, CB Marlon Humphrey return to practice; Titans offense is banged up

#86 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:21 AM

(Shameless plug alert)

Mike and I will talk about this on tonight's episode of The Bank :)

But there are some things that happened in the November matchup that hopefully should not repeat themselves. One thing that will definitely be different is having Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell in the lineup.

Going to listen to this now and put any feedback in that thread. Hopefully I have something we disagree on to start discussion. :)

#87 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:37 AM

(Shameless plug alert)

Mike and I will talk about this on tonight's episode of The Bank :)

But there are some things that happened in the November matchup that hopefully should not repeat themselves. One thing that will definitely be different is having Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell in the lineup.

On thing that definitely shouldn't repeat itself is having Henry get almost 30 carries.  That's way too much time on the field for him and Tennessee's offense.  Like a heavyweight boxer, he'll just repeatedly land body punches until you finally can't take anymore and open yourself up for the knock out shot.  My solution to defending Henry is just keep his butt on the bench.  If anyone thinks he's going to be held under 150-200 yards with that many touches, they're crazy.  Not going to happen and I don't care if Williams and Campbell are in there or not.  To hell with trying to man up against him and the Titans.  Out of sight, out of mind.  If it takes another 50 rushing attempts, so be it.  The more the merrier I say.  Double Tennessee's time of possession.  I don't even want to see them on the field. Let's hope Greg Roman has enough sense in his head to finally play a post season game the right way. 

#88 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:48 AM

Yes, he was the one who missed the tackle on the Henry TD run.  He was lying on the field with his head in his hands, obviously dejected.

That is what I thought I remembered, but I watch so much football, Iu was not sure.

I do remember Wolfe playing great that game.  I think we ended that game with Ward, Ellis and Wolfe as the only dodies left on our down lineman players.  

I also wonder how many of our guys played that game sick, because the next day is when the Covid outbreak started to become public.

@mikeghg

#89 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

Bottrom line, I am talked out, it is go time for the Ravens.  We owe these jack asses, Let's Go!

• DuffMan, JordanKough and PrimeTime like this
@mikeghg

#90 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:26 PM

I dunno why, but the more I think about this game, the better I feel.

• Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this

#91 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:31 PM

I dunno why, but the more I think about this game, the better I feel.

Digging into the numbers and seeing what Tennessee has done the last few weeks, they can't stop anybody. If we be us, set the tempo, pound the rock and take care of the football, we're gonna roll.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#92 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:51 PM

This is way too cliche and I feel stupid typing it; but the past two contests against Tennessee have been about not being able to limit the damage. Tennessee's offense is going to get there's. Hold them to 3, not 6 and win the damn game. 

#93 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,742 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:52 PM

If we win the toss, do we want the ball first?

#94 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

On thing that definitely shouldn't repeat itself is having Henry get almost 30 carries.  That's way too much time on the field for him and Tennessee's offense.  Like a heavyweight boxer, he'll just repeatedly land body punches until you finally can't take anymore and open yourself up for the knock out shot.  My solution to defending Henry is just keep his butt on the bench.  If anyone thinks he's going to be held under 150-200 yards with that many touches, they're crazy.  Not going to happen and I don't care if Williams and Campbell are in there or not.  To hell with trying to man up against him and the Titans.  Out of sight, out of mind.  If it takes another 50 rushing attempts, so be it.  The more the merrier I say.  Double Tennessee's time of possession.  I don't even want to see them on the field. Let's hope Greg Roman has enough sense in his head to finally play a post season game the right way. 

It would be great if it played out that way, the Ravens would win comfortably. But the Titans will keep handing off to Henry as long as the game's close, so scoring not TOP is the way to limit his carries. Dude had 378 carries. Blowout games is where he was used the least.

https://www.pro-foot.../H/HenrDe00.htm

#95 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:30 PM

If I'm the Ravens, absolutely not.

Because if they score off rip, ok, that's fine, let's rock.

But if they stop them? Oh it's on, baby.

That is Antoine's Technical Analysis.

• You Play to Win the Game, DuffMan, JordanKough and 1 other like this

#96 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:44 PM

Yes please.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#97 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:46 PM

I'm with you. I'd lean toward deferring like normal unless it's KC or maybe Buff. But even more so in this game, put a fresh defense out there, stop them, get field position and score. Start the 2nd half by grinding them away.

#98 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:48 PM

Yes please.

Could you please expand? Just curious, I just posted why I'd want the ball in the 2nd half.

#99 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:05 PM

Pretty sure this happened in the last playoff game. We stopped them on their first possession. Didnt work out so well.

But yeah, I still want to have that happen.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#100 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:07 PM

Could you please expand? Just curious, I just posted why I'd want the ball in the 2nd half.

I want the Ravens offense on the field vs their defense. Want to go put a drive together right away and get multiple players involved and put pressure on the Titans. Ideally play from ahead.

Sure, if you go on offense to begin, and they stop you or you turn it over...that hurts, but that is one possible outcome. The other is taking immediate control.
  • DuffMan, PrimeTime and Huddle It Up Films like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=