• This topic is locked This topic is locked
264 replies to this topic

#121 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:39 AM

It’s pretty low...don’t think it’s ever happened 

It might be unanswerable because of uneven schedules and such. But even just considering all 16 teams could finish anywhere from 16-0 to 0-16, there's a ton of possibilities. Like you said it's got to be very low.

Willing to take it on the chin if it happens (well I guess we have no choice but it won't change how I view our regular season). I just want to win a playoff game and think it could be important in the future. And we could win the whole thing if we stay hot on offense and get healthier overall.

#122 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 December 2020 - 10:19 AM

It might be unanswerable because of uneven schedules and such. But even just considering all 16 teams could finish anywhere from 16-0 to 0-16, there's a ton of possibilities. Like you said it's got to be very low.

Willing to take it on the chin if it happens (well I guess we have no choice but it won't change how I view our regular season). I just want to win a playoff game and think it could be important in the future. And we could win the whole thing if we stay hot on offense and get healthier overall.

I just think there is too much motivation for the Steelers and the Bills to play out. If The Steelers lose today we could be in trouble. The Bills would have no reason to play at that point . The Bills play tonight after the Steelers. If the Steelers lose the Bill need 1 win to sew up #2 and presumably beat the Patriots and take week 17 off. The Steelers then would need to win against Cleveland or lose the division and drop to 5th seed. But , assuming Green Bay wins the Titans would need to beat Houston in week 17 to make it. 

All the games that matter are at 1 PM. So if Tennessee were to lose the Bills would play us as the 7 as opposed to the Dolphins. If the Steelers win in week 17 the Bills would draw us if they lose to Miami or the Browns if they beat the Dolphins. Who do you think they’d rather play?

Roll Tide

#123 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:17 AM

Any math people out there know the probability of going 11-5 and finishing 8th out of 16 teams? Serious case of the haves and have nots.

A big part of it is that the AFC north played the NFC east and might end up with 3 of those 11 wins or more teams. Possibly going 11-1 against that division has padded our win total in the AFC.

You have to look at all 32 teams and the NFC east is where the "have nots" are.

#124 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:21 AM

That and the Jets and Jacksonville handing out AFC wins like candy

#125 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:28 AM

That and the Jets and Jacksonville handing out AFC wins like candy

As much as we’re kicking ourselves for some of our losses, the Colts would sure like week 1 back.

#126 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:32 AM

Woke up in the middle of the night and the first thing that popped into my head was "damn Raiders"

• The Epic likes this

#127 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:44 AM

Woke up in the middle of the night and the first thing that popped into my head was "damn Raiders"

Feel fortunate you did not watch first hand.  What a poorly coached team.

@mikeghg

#128 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:45 AM

The Ravens role is very simple.  Blot out everything, win the last two and let the chips fall where they may.

@mikeghg

#129 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:03 PM

If the Steelers can beat the Colts I think they and the Bills might be motivated to fight for the 2 seed and play their starters next week. That would mean the Ravens could climb to the 5th seed. If they lose I think the opposite happens and it's time to turn our attention to the Titans unless the Bills lose to the Patriots tomorrow night.

#130 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:12 PM

Feel fortunate you did not watch first hand.  What a poorly coached team.

O I watched a majority of it.  Was ranting about it with a few friends in our group chat.  Felt like a Ravens L with how I felt after the outcome.

My question for you or anyone else.  On the 3rd down for the Raiders would anyone have preferred they went for a TD rather than taking a knee and set up a FG?  Obviously the knee lets you milk more time but a TD may have made it harder on Mia?

#131 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:32 PM

If the Steelers can beat the Colts I think they and the Bills might be motivated to fight for the 2 seed and play their starters next week. That would mean the Ravens could climb to the 5th seed. If they lose I think the opposite happens and it's time to turn our attention to the Titans unless the Bills lose to the Patriots tomorrow night.

I don’t think it’s a given that Tua can beat the Bills defense even if they rest Allen. Not starting Fitzpatrick was plain stupid by their coach and it almost bit them without help from the refs and stupid CB.

Roll Tide

#132 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:15 PM

Colts Lose!

#133 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,600 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:17 PM

Cleveland loses!

#134 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,028 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:45 PM

Currently the 6 seed. Could move up to 5 if Mia loses next week.

We will have some back door options as well should disaster strike and we lose next week.

#135 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:48 PM

Anyone here who had the Steelers and Jets as the saviors of the Ravens' season back in September, raise your hand.

Me neither.

• BSLRoseKatz likes this

#136 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:55 PM

Finally! I no longer have to try to figure out all of these scenarios. On top of that the Browns continue to be the Browns and might not make it at all. All is well again.

#137 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:57 PM

So if the Browns lose to the Steelers they’d be out. If that happens the Dolphins could lose to the Bills and get the 7th slot. The Colts would have to slip for the Browns to get in

Roll Tide

#138 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,028 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:59 PM

Assuming Cle has their covid stuff in check they'll be favored to beat Pitt next week. Win and they're in. Its Ind on the outside looking in at the moment.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#139 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 December 2020 - 07:18 PM

Assuming Cle has their covid stuff in check they'll be favored to beat Pitt next week. Win and they're in. Its Ind on the outside looking in at the moment.

There’s no guarantee 

Roll Tide

#140 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,439 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 December 2020 - 07:55 PM

I would imagine with little of consequence on the line for Pitt, they'd be inclined to rest Ben and some other starters. I'd agree that unless COVID ravages the locker room, Clev should be the favorite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=