264 replies to this topic

#161 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:46 AM

O I watched a majority of it.  Was ranting about it with a few friends in our group chat.  Felt like a Ravens L with how I felt after the outcome.

My question for you or anyone else.  On the 3rd down for the Raiders would anyone have preferred they went for a TD rather than taking a knee and set up a FG?  Obviously the knee lets you milk more time but a TD may have made it harder on Mia?

Miami was trying to let them score. 

#162 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:51 AM

No it isn’t.

They got too big for their britches too fast. Let them stew another year.

I think they got too big for the britches last year and got smacked down.  I mean if you're a fan of that team, that has by and large been a laughingstock for 20 years, and you FINALLY have a decent season only to not make the playoffs with double-digit wins?  That's rough.

And I'm not talking about ownership/front office.  They deserve all the misery they get with the way that team has been run. 

#163 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:58 AM

I think they got too big for the britches last year and got smacked down.  I mean if you're a fan of that team, that has by and large been a laughingstock for 20 years, and you FINALLY have a decent season only to not make the playoffs with double-digit wins?  That's rough.

And I'm not talking about ownership/front office.  They deserve all the misery they get with the way that team has been run. 

They read too much of their press last year and Baker couldn't keep his mouth shut. Once the Steelers won yesterday and it got us in for now, watching Cleveland lose because you can't advance a fumble under 2 min was just as good.

• kudzu likes this

#164 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 10:37 AM

If Miami wins next week (and the Ravens win) It locks the Ravens into the 6 seed. Would play PIT, BUF, or TEN based on how it shakes out.

If the Ravens lose, the only way they are eliminated is if the Browns beat the Steelers AND the Colts beat the Jags. The latter almost assuredly happens, the former is probably a coin flip. 

Ideally I want the Ravens, BUF, IND, CLE, to win, and TEN to lose. That would give us:

1 - KC

2 vs. 7 - BUF vs. TEN

3 vs. 6 - PIT vs. CLE

4 vs. 5 - IND vs. BAL

I think in that scenario TEN or CLE could beat the higher seeds, then they get to play KC. I don't trust if MIA settles for the 7 seed that they would beat PIT, makes it more likely the Ravens play KC in the Divisional Round.

I'd like to avoid playing KC or TEN as long as possible. 

I agree on KC, but I would like to play the Titans.  That is a debt that needs to be paid and I think we beat them.

@mikeghg

#165 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 10:54 AM

I agree on KC, but I would like to play the Titans.  That is a debt that needs to be paid and I think we beat them.

I'd love to get revenge. But the Ravens struggle against Henry. Tannehill is sneaky good too, but overlooked because he's not one of the future HOFers, or Mahomes. 4th in QBR and 4th in passer rating in the league. 

Revenge would be nice. Taking the toughest road possible like the Ravens did in 2012 beating Manning AND Brady on the road to get to the SB is something to take great pride in. But I won't be mad if TEN or KC falters and the Ravens get to play Indy, then Miami then Cleveland in some order. It wouldn't diminish the accomplishment one bit if the path is easier on paper. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#166 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:03 AM

I'd love to get revenge. But the Ravens struggle against Henry. Tannehill is sneaky good too, but overlooked because he's not one of the future HOFers, or Mahomes. 4th in QBR and 4th in passer rating in the league. 

Revenge would be nice. Taking the toughest road possible like the Ravens did in 2012 beating Manning AND Brady on the road to get to the SB is something to take great pride in. But I won't be mad if TEN or KC falters and the Ravens get to play Indy, then Miami then Cleveland in some order. It wouldn't diminish the accomplishment one bit if the path is easier on paper. 

The Ravens had them beat last month, but ran out of legs.  I think with Williams Madubuike and Campbell we close that game.  

@mikeghg

#167 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:13 AM

The Ravens had them beat last month, but ran out of legs.  I think with Williams Madubuike and Campbell we close that game.  

Williams certainly huge for slowing down Henry. I think Lamar still wasn't quite himself yet in that game. Offense is clicking better now for sure. Maybe I'm haunted by last year still. Same cast of characters. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#168 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:23 AM

The one team I can not see us beating is KC  Frankly, I am not sure I see anyone beating them. .  Anyone else, bring it on.  

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#169 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:35 AM

The one team I can not see us beating is KC  Frankly, I am not sure I see anyone beating them. .  Anyone else, bring it on.  

Maybe KC can be had. Just looked at their schedule and the last seven games they played have been decided by six points or less. A couple breaks here or there, maybe they are a 12 win team. If the Falcons weren't the biggest choke artists in history, that's quite an upset yesterday. 

But still, want no part of that unless they have to.

@BSLMikeRandall

#170 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:38 AM

If you get to play KC again, there will be no pressure. You get to play as the underdog. That can be fun. 

Right now, I don't care who they play. To me, it's largely / mostly about how do the Ravens play? 

I would like to face and beat the Titans though.

#171 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:52 AM

I want the 5 seed and the Titans in the 1st round. That also gives us 2 chances at upsets from the 6 and 7 seeds so we can avoid KC in the divisional round. First things first though. Let's crush the Bengals as payback for 2017 and avoid any injuries. First stop on the redemption tour.
  • JStruds likes this

#172 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:53 AM

KC isn't the dominant team they were last year, but Mahomes seems almost unnaturally good at getting a big score whenever he needs it.

#173 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 02:55 PM

Big, bad Tennessee laid an egg against Green Bay last night and it might cost them.  If they lose against Houston and the Colts win they lose the division.  Add in a Miami loss and the Titans are home on the couch.  I'd love to see that. 

Buffalo is battling Pittsburgh for the two seed, so that Mia-Buf game should be entertaining.  Ditto for Pitt-Cle. 

Ravens can still get in with a loss if Pittsburgh beats Cleveland.   

#174 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 December 2020 - 03:30 PM

Over/under on how many times we read/hear this week that the Ravens are "the team no one wants to face in playoffs"? I'm going with 37.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#175 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2020 - 03:42 PM

Over/under on how many times we read/hear this week that the Ravens are "the team no one wants to face in playoffs"? I'm going with 37.

The talking heads stuff is dumb.  The AFC is loaded at the top with one real powerhouse in the Chiefs.  I think the Ravens are one of the better teams but they are beat up.  The thing is, some of the same 'experts" who wrote them off last month are now the ones calling them the team that no one wants to see.

Let's get in and see where it takes us.

• PrimeTime likes this
@mikeghg

#176 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 December 2020 - 03:46 PM

Would you want to face the reigning MVP playing on the best reg season team last year, that mostly found themselves with their current record becauase of COVID?  I mean it's kind of obvious but whatever.

#177 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 December 2020 - 04:22 PM

Would you want to face the reigning MVP playing on the best reg season team last year, that mostly found themselves with their current record becauase of COVID? I mean it's kind of obvious but whatever.

The sentiment isn't wrong but it's a tired, overused cliché.
  • Mike in STL and JStruds like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#178 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 December 2020 - 04:48 PM

KC isn't the dominant team they were last year, but Mahomes seems almost unnaturally good at getting a big score whenever he needs it.

The problem for the Ravens is that Reid seems to out coach Harbaugh when we play them.

It would be unwise for the Ravens to look ahead of whomever their first round match up is since we don’t have a win in the Lamar Jackson era.

Im hoping we get the Colts since the Ravens will have confidence of already beating them.

Roll Tide

#179 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:17 PM

The problem for the Ravens is that Reid seems to out coach Harbaugh when we play them.

It would be unwise for the Ravens to look ahead of whomever their first round match up is since we don’t have a win in the Lamar Jackson era.

Im hoping we get the Colts since the Ravens will have confidence of already beating them.

That is possible, but for that to happen Houston would have to beat Tennessee, the Colts beat Jax, and Miami beat Buffalo.  I'm not putting much stock in Houston beating Tennessee.  Houston is pretty bad and they look like they are focused on what golf courses they will be hitting on January 4, based on losing to Cincy yesterday.  

#180 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:33 PM

That is possible, but for that to happen Houston would have to beat Tennessee, the Colts beat Jax, and Miami beat Buffalo.  I'm not putting much stock in Houston beating Tennessee.  Houston is pretty bad and they look like they are focused on what golf courses they will be hitting on January 4, based on losing to Cincy yesterday.  

They put up points early so maybe they will and it’s  a division game and people are worried about Cincy playing spoiler here. What’s the difference?

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=