#201 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:31 PM

Win on Sunday, get a couple of wins in the  Playoffs so we can put to bed the absurd talk of Lamar can't win in the playoffs and then give KC your best shot.  I'm  good with that.  

• PrimeTime likes this

#202 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:33 PM

Just read no Big Ben against Cleveland.  That's interesting.

The Cleveland Browns will face backup quarterback Mason Rudolph instead of starter Ben Roethlisberger with a playoff berth on the line Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers at FirstEnergy Stadium.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announced Tuesday during a news conference he will rest Roethlisberger and turn to Rudolph.

https://www.usatoday...wns/4074517001/

That would have aggravated me, this time last week, but we control our fate, so good for Mason.  I hope he keeps his helmet this time.

• You Play to Win the Game and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#203 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:37 PM

If Browns and Dolphins win, Ravens get #6 correct? That means playing Steelers in round 1 which I would love to see happen.

If we win Im pretty sure we are locked into the 5 or 6 seed depending on what Miami does. If they lose we move up to 5
  • GabeFerguson likes this

#204 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2020 - 02:39 PM

If we win Im pretty sure we are locked into the 5 or 6 seed depending on what Miami does. If they lose we move up to 5

It looks like either the Titans or Pitt.  Bring either of them on.

• You Play to Win the Game and PrimeTime like this
@mikeghg

#205 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:18 PM

That would have aggravated me, this time last week, but we control our fate, so good for Mason.  I hope he keeps his helmet this time.

Or at least Garret doesn't hit him with it again.

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#206 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:32 PM

If we win, and let's just assume the Browns win (because you have to assume Pittsburgh rolls over here).

Buffalo beats Miami, we get #5 and face either Indy or Tennessee.

Miami beats Buffalo, it's on to Pittsburgh.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#207 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:50 PM

If we win, and let's just assume the Browns win (because you have to assume Pittsburgh rolls over here).

Buffalo beats Miami, we get #5 and face either Indy or Tennessee.

Miami beats Buffalo, it's on to Pittsburgh.

Being on the road means a lot less this year.  There is one team that we need to avoid as long as possible.  That is the defending champs.

Buffalo is an interesting matchup.  If we have all of our remaining DB's and a healthy line, I would be fairly confidernt.  The weather is a concern.  We could run into serious snow and that may be an issue for Lamar.

First thing first though, lets win in Cincy first.

@mikeghg

#208 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:21 PM

I think this is where we need to be....

http://espn.go.com/n...4~2~401220260~2

This scenario has Miami, Indy, Cleveland and Tennessee winning, which gets us the 6 seed and a matchup with Pittsburgh.

However, things change if Miami and Tennessee both lose, while Cleveland and Indy win. We end up as the 5 seed and play Indy, who wins the division by virtue of Tennessee's loss.

http://espn.go.com/n...4~2~401220260~2

I would like to avoid Tennessee in the wild card round, if possible. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#209 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 07:56 PM

Being on the road means a lot less this year.  There is one team that we need to avoid as long as possible.  That is the defending champs.

Buffalo is an interesting matchup.  If we have all of our remaining DB's and a healthy line, I would be fairly confidernt.  The weather is a concern.  We could run into serious snow and that may be an issue for Lamar.

First thing first though, lets win in Cincy first.

After thinking about it, I'm not so sure about that.  I think if you have to face KC, the best time to do it is in their first playoff game.  Andy Reid has already said that he is going to rest some starters this Sunday.  Then they have a bye.  Having three weeks between meaningful competition can lead to rust. 

The Ravens rested starters, and had a bye last year.  They sure looked rusty that first half vs. Tennessee.  KC didn't rest their starters last year, but they did have a bye and got down 24-0 to Houston in their first playoff game.  I think that extra rest can sometimes throw off a team's routine.

I do also think if there is a team that is equipped to handle that rust, it is probably KC.  Even if it takes them a quarter or so to get going, they can still lay 40+ on anybody.  But given that Reid has turned the burners up full blast and thrown everything at the Ravens early in the last two games, it would seem that his gameplan is to get out in front of the Ravens as quickly as possible knowing that they don't have the passing offense to keep up with Mahomes.  Maybe a little rust would slow them down.  Plus I think I would rather play them in the first game then the championship game when a win puts them in the SB.  Just my opinion. 

#210 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:51 AM

Bills are going to play to win

https://thespun.com/...lan-for-week-17

Roll Tide

#211 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:09 AM

Bills are going to play to win

https://thespun.com/...lan-for-week-17

Its win and play the Colts, or lose and possibly play the Ravens.

#212 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:32 PM

Miami is in deep dodo! Fitzpatrick tests positive for COVID-19.

Roll Tide

#213 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:36 PM

Miami is in deep dodo! Fitzpatrick tests positive for COVID-19.

Really sorry for Fitzpatrick.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#214 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:41 PM

Me too ... without him Miami has no safety net. Tua’s 3 yard sink and dunk won’t work against Buffalo
Roll Tide

#215 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:43 PM

Really sorry for Fitzpatrick.

I know, I feel for him too.  He wants so badly to prove he can be a starting quarterback in this league but unfortunately, he's more effective coming off the bench and always will be.  He's probably the best at what he does, though. 

#216 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 07:48 PM

I know, I feel for him too. He wants so badly to prove he can be a starting quarterback in this league but unfortunately, he's more effective coming off the bench and always will be. He's probably the best at what he does, though.

I'm not sure I've seen a streakier QB personally. He'll go 4 games where he's white-hot, and throw for 12 Tds and 1500 yards in those 4 games. Then turn around and go 4 games where he throws for 15 INT's, and only 800 yards.

#217 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:57 AM

Browns have had a coach fail the test this AM and their facility is closed again.

"The Cleveland Browns were informed this morning that a member of their coaching staff has tested positive for COVID-19. The team will continue virtual meetings as the facility is currently closed while contact tracing is conducted. We will consult with league medical professionals on the appropriate next steps."

The positive test and facility closure comes just a day after the team registered no new positive tests after a Thursday in which NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that linebacker Malcolm Smith and tight end Harrison Bryant tested positive for COVID-19. Cornerback Denzel Ward was also placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday.

Bad timing for Cleveland 

https://www.nfl.com/...-coaching-staff

Roll Tide

#218 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:55 AM

Balt Sun: The Ravens’ playoff picture is complex. Here’s how they can get the No. 5 seed — or miss it altogether.

#219 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

Haden test positive will miss Sunday and likely round 1 playoff game

Also Saints lose whole running back stable

METAIRIE, La. -- Replacing Alvin Kamara will be even harder for the New Orleans Saints on Sunday after their running backs room was ruled out as a COVID-19 precaution, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The source said backups Latavius Murray and Dwayne Washington, fullback Michael Burton and running backs coach Joel Thomas have been ruled out against the Carolina Panthers because they were deemed close contacts to Kamara, who tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday, a source previously told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

https://www.espn.com...ara-source-says

Roll Tide

#220 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:16 PM

We back our way in if Indy or Cle lose correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=