264 replies to this topic

#241 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:53 PM

Tenn defense is suspect as F. Pitt just matches up relatively well with us even though their offense is sputtering. Ind also shut down our offense in the 1st half of that game. I honestly don't think there is much difference in playing any of the 3 teams. It'll be interesting where the line opens at and ultimately ends up at.

#242 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:53 PM

It's not just who they're playing but how they're playing. Just looking at the competition is lazy analysis. The execution, schemes and play calling on offense are all better than they were earlier in the season. They've made adjustments and gotten better regardless of who the competition is.

My point again... They have executed versus the Giants, Jaguars, Bengals, Cowboys who are all sitting on the couch this coming weekend and the Browns barely beat the Steelers without Roethlisberger and Watt
Roll Tide

#243 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:00 PM

My point again... They have executed versus the Giants, Jaguars, Bengals, Cowboys who are all sitting on the couch this coming weekend and the Browns barely beat the Steelers without Roethlisberger and Watt

You're unbearable. Only 1 teams fans are going to be happy in about a month. Odds are it wont be us just like the odds are it wont be any other team. It wont matter if its next week or in the SB, if we lose you'll find a way to bitch about this team and Lamar.

#244 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

Your a jerk! I said I have 0 confidence that we can beat the Titans. I did not say we had no chance. Are you illiterate or just pushing an agenda?

Pushing an agenda
  • BobPhelan, Mashed Potatoes and 1970 like this

#245 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

Please don’t be fooled they beat the Cowboys, Browns, Giants, Jaguars, and Bengals.

I’m fine that we handled our business but we played 4 horrible teams and a Browns teams that doesn’t make the playoffs if the Ben had played today. They were lucky to win against Mason Freakin Rudolph

I’m hoping the Titans lose as I think we can beat the Colts. I have 0 confidence we can beat the Titans.

I'm not worried about it.

The bottom line is that the Ravens did what they had to do to make the playoffs.

The schedule certainly helped, but they are in.

I really don't care who they play.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#246 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:26 PM

It's not just who they're playing but how they're playing. Just looking at the competition is lazy analysis. The execution, schemes and play calling on offense are all better than they were earlier in the season. They've made adjustments and gotten better regardless of who the competition is.

Agreed and the key was the offensive line finally playing like a well-oiled, cohesive unit and doing their job, especially in the run game. That and Lamar coming back from his short exodus looking like the 2019 version again. 

#247 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:43 PM

Texans making things interesting!

#248 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:47 PM

And Jags not done against Colts either.

#249 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:06 PM

Gonna be the Titans and I'm pleased by that. They are owed. Let's go!

Not so early my friend.

#250 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:06 PM

At this point I’m incredibly encouraged no matter who we play.

(Still hoping it’s the Colts though)
@BSLMikeRandall

#251 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:11 PM

Man, the Titans’ offense is scary but the defense is awful. Gotta believe we can move the ball if it’s them.

#252 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

I'm not sure who the better team to play is.  I thought all along the Colts would be easier, but watching Tennessee's defense the last two weeks, I'm not so sure.  Philip Rivers doesn't present as much trouble as Ryan Tannehill, and the Colts don't have Henry, but their defense is much better than Tennessee.   I wouldn't expect Tennessee to do much different than they have in the past, but I imagine the Colts would make some adjustments from earlier in the season.  I guess it's the old 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.  

One thing that's an advantage against the Colts, if you get up on them early, I don't like their chances as much as Tennessee of coming back.  

• Mike in STL likes this

#253 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:27 PM

One thing that's an advantage against the Colts, if you get up on them early, I don't like their chances as much as Tennessee of coming back.

That looks like the advantage. Both defenses can be had. All of sudden Henry or Taylor is pick your poison. Taylor turning it on the same time Dobbins has. Much rather play Rivers and that crop from ahead than Tannehill, Brown, Davis who could close a gap fast.
@BSLMikeRandall

#254 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:27 PM

AJ Brown's size advantage, Henry's style and stamina, and Tannehill's ability to make the occasional big play with his legs, concerns me a lot more than Rivers in the pocket and his surrounding cast...

#255 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:35 PM

Tie gives Colts the AFC South!

#256 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:40 PM

Tie gives Colts the AFC South!

And a doink FG for the Titans sends the Ravens to Tennessee next week.
  • sandiegosean likes this

#257 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:46 PM

At least this time we’ll have both Williams and Campbell, and Madubuike has really been coming on.

#258 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:20 PM

I have visions of Derrick Henry running over patrick queen and I don't like it.

I have visions of Deshon Elliott dropping his ass and sending him to the sidelines with a stinger. Dudes not invincible.

I wanted Tennessee. Not because I think they're the easiest. But because if Lamar is going to break out of this early stigma of a choke artist, I want him to do it against the team who punched him in the mouth last year.

Come out loose, do what you do, take the ball on long drives, get TD's, and try and make Tennessee a one dimensional team. This time we have Campbell and Williams. That should make a huge difference up front. We know what they're going to do. Come in, punch them in the mouth early. Keep Henry off the field. And let's go out and kick Vrabel and his team of tool bags a$$es.

#259 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:25 PM

The Ravens and Titans play Sun. at 1.

#260 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:26 PM

Nice. I think the "Normal" time slot in Wild Card weekend is best for a team that better not choke this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=