264 replies to this topic

#101 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:34 PM

Basically we need Pittsburgh to win another game or pray Buffalo can knock off Miami next week.

#102 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:36 PM

Basically we need Pittsburgh to win another game or pray Buffalo can knock off Miami next week.

If neither happens we need the Titans to lose their last 2 games and we win ours.

#103 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:37 PM

So chances are their whole season hinges on Pitt beating Indy tomorrow. Otherwise they could likely be the first 11-5 team to miss the playoffs since NE in 2008 (the season they didn’t have Brady), and even more improbable is that there is one more WC team this year than there was then. That’s just so 2020.

#104 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:39 PM

Tenn loses to GB tomorrow they will have to go into Hou the final week to get to 11 wins. That wont be a given.

#105 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:41 PM

So chances are their whole season hinges on Pitt beating Indy tomorrow. Otherwise they could likely be the first 11-5 team to miss the playoffs since NE in 2008 (the season they didn’t have Brady), and even more improbable is that there is one more WC team this year than there was then. That’s just so 2020.

I think its more likely any of the other scenarios that get us in at 11 wins happens than Pitt beating Indy. Though I do think Pitt beating Indy is the most likely single game in our favor.

I think Pitt is like 55-60% to win tomorrow.

Id put our chances of any of the other scenarios that could happen combined at 70-75%. For one, I think Buf might beat Mia without Allen. If they're playing to win then that game by itself gives us the greatest chance of winning.

#106 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:54 PM

We will overtake Cleveland if they lose again. They’re playing the Jets but all their starting WR are out. Four active WR on roster that’s it. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#107 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:00 AM

We will overtake Cleveland if they lose again. They’re playing the Jets but all their starting WR are out. Four active WR on roster that’s it.

Cle will just pound the ball but if the Jets hang around its possible. The only bad thing about both Ind and Cle is they play the two teams fighting for Lawrence. If they just go play each team has a chance. Jax has played numerous teams tough this year. That said, there is no incentive for Jax to really try anymore. Maybe the Jets try now that they are out of the 1 spot and 2 wins doesnt threaten their spot as the #2 pick. The current #3 pick is Cin at 3-10-1

#108 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:01 AM

I wouldn't say anything is impossible, but I can't see the Jets beating Cleveland.

However, they could choke against Pittsburgh week 17.

#109 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:03 AM

I wouldn't say anything is impossible, but I can't see the Jets beating Cleveland.

I mean they went cross country and beat a 9 win Rams team last week. Cle is down WRs and really got a bit blindsided by it because they just found out today. All that said, Cle is playing well right now. They are still heavy favs this week and will be favs next week against Pitt.

#110 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:10 AM

Going all Pittsburgh crazy towel waving bandwagon fan tomorrow.

#111 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:18 AM

Hope for PIT over IND tomorrow, I think there's a really good shot there. Or BUF over MIA in week 17. New England and Las Vegas handed them these last two games with some mind-blowing self destruction in critical situations. BUF even resting some starters seems less likely to me to give away a game like that. MIA isn't THAT good of a roster...

GB could take out TEN tomorrow but I don't see HOU beating them in week 17 if TEN knows they need that game. They fumbled away a chance to tie the Colts basically at the goal line last week. They're in Raiders self destruct mode these days...

#112 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 12:44 AM

Pittsburgh beating Indy tomorrow becomes the Raven's best chance at getting the help they need.  I thought tonight's game was the best chance, but some hard to believe 4th quarter plays took that one off of the board.  After Indy/Pitt, it gets a little tough.  The 9 game parlay that had to happen to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs is now down to a 5 game parlay.  

A couple of those games require major upsets.  Even with covid issues, Cleveland losing to the Jets seems improbable.  Indy losing to Jacksonville seems highly unlikely next week.  And if you throw Tennessee into the mix, them losing to Houston next week is also improbable.  If Indy beats Pittsburgh tomorrow, the Raven's are realistically looking at hoping the Steelers can go to Cleveland and win, or that Buffalo doesn't tank the final game next week and beats Miami. 

#113 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:41 AM

Pittsburgh beating Indy tomorrow becomes the Raven's best chance at getting the help they need. I thought tonight's game was the best chance, but some hard to believe 4th quarter plays took that one off of the board. After Indy/Pitt, it gets a little tough. The 9 game parlay that had to happen to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs is now down to a 5 game parlay.

A couple of those games require major upsets. Even with covid issues, Cleveland losing to the Jets seems improbable. Indy losing to Jacksonville seems highly unlikely next week. And if you throw Tennessee into the mix, them losing to Houston next week is also improbable. If Indy beats Pittsburgh tomorrow, the Raven's are realistically looking at hoping the Steelers can go to Cleveland and win, or that Buffalo doesn't tank the final game next week and beats Miami.

For you but not for me. I thought the best chance for help was the Steelers beating the Colts. I didn't think the Raiders would beat the Dolphins. I took it a step further though and said that was our only chance at getting help. I hope I'm right even though it's the Steelers.

#114 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 01:56 AM

I'm betting on the Colts. I'm either winning money, or buying a Steelers win. 

Interesting, the line for that game was Colts -2 last night. Right now it's Colts +2. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#115 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 02:06 AM

Interesting, the line for that game was Colts -2 last night. Right now it's Colts +2. 

That's an interesting line change.  Maybe people are betting the Steelers because the Colts have some OL issues.  But the Steelers kicker is out.  They activated a kicker from their practice squad.  Not a good sign for a team with offensive problems.  I know it's hard to see the Steelers losing 4 or even 5 in a row after winning 11, but they are not the same team as they were earlier in the season.  Injuries have seriously hurt their defense, and teams have figured out that their offense can't run the ball and Roethlisberger hasn't been able to throw the ball deep.  If you cheat up on their receivers, you basically shut down their offense.   

#116 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 02:16 AM

For you but not for me. I thought the best chance for help was the Steelers beating the Colts. I didn't think the Raiders would beat the Dolphins. I took it a step further though and said that was our only chance at getting help. I hope I'm right even though it's the Steelers.

I thought it was a toss up between those two games, but I just can't trust Pittsburgh at this point and the Colts are playing well.  The Raiders should have beaten the Dolphins.  They dominated the first half, but couldn't capitalize on the scoreboard.  Tua looked terrible.  Couldn't throw the ball more than a few yards down the field and couldn't see the rush coming from a defense that is just not very good.  

Even still, the Raiders got a fantastic play from Algahor for a TD, and a gift PI.  I still can't believe a coach that has won a SB actually thought it was safer to take a knee and kick a FG for a 1 point lead instead of taking the TD and make the Dolphins get in the end zone to win.  The ghosts of Vince Lombardi, George Halas, and Don Shula should be knocking on Jon Gruden's door in a few hours.  

#117 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 02:34 AM

I thought it was a toss up between those two games, but I just can't trust Pittsburgh at this point and the Colts are playing well. The Raiders should have beaten the Dolphins. They dominated the first half, but couldn't capitalize on the scoreboard. Tua looked terrible. Couldn't throw the ball more than a few yards down the field and couldn't see the rush coming from a defense that is just not very good.

Even still, the Raiders got a fantastic play from Algahor for a TD, and a gift PI. I still can't believe a coach that has won a SB actually thought it was safer to take a knee and kick a FG for a 1 point lead instead of taking the TD and make the Dolphins get in the end zone to win. The ghosts of Vince Lombardi, George Halas, and Don Shula should be knocking on Jon Gruden's door in a few hours.

I must admit that completing a Hail Mary when your qb is not even looking because his head is being twisted backwards is beyond a miracle. If both of those things don't happen together the Raiders probably win. It is 2020 and a 11-5 team might not make the playoffs.
  • cprenegade likes this

#118 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 December 2020 - 07:16 AM

They’ve lost both their starting tackles +

UPDATED: Anthony Castonzo Downgraded To Out Sunday; Braden Smith, Marcus Johnson Also Won't Play Against Steelers The Indianapolis Colts have ruled three players out of Sunday’s Week 16 matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers: left tackle Anthony Castonzo and wide receiver Marcus Johnson, as well as right tackle Braden Smith (Reserve/COVID-19 list). One player, defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad, is questionable.

Roll Tide

#119 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:12 AM

Any math people out there know the probability of going 11-5 and finishing 8th out of 16 teams? Serious case of the haves and have nots.

#120 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:21 AM

Any math people out there know the probability of going 11-5 and finishing 8th out of 16 teams? Serious case of the haves and have nots.

It’s pretty low...don’t think it’s ever happened 

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=