#62 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:54 PM

Any of those teams invite Kap to try out?  And Josh Johnson (hadn't thrown an NFL pass since 2011) and the buttfumble guy (he buttfumbled) didn't just get tryouts, they started games for a team trying to make the playoffs.

I laughed -so- hard at this.

• Nigel Tufnel likes this

#63 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, sure. I'm just pushing back on this we couldn't know thought.

We know without question that he was worthy of a job. That he wasn't offered one is the issue, not speculation on how well he would have played.

Exactly. We're in agreement.

#64 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:00 PM

We don't know how he would have played in the same way that we technically don't KNOW how Tom Brady will play every year.

Well technically it's more like we don't KNOW how Tom Brady will play THIS year.

If you're thinking he's going to be the same guy he was in NE, odds are you're going to end up off the mark. The success they had up there was a lot of different factors, and TB is NOT NE.

I know a lot of people wouldn't have risked legacy and gone someplace else to play. But then again guys like Montana and Manning did and were still good QB, so I guess for him it's a risk to elevate his legacy a little more out from under BB's shadow.

But that's besides the point. All I'm saying is there shouldn't be certainty on either side of how he would have done, BUT he absolutely should have been given a real chance somewhere.

@JeremyMStrain

#65 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:10 PM

I think it should be noted that, over two offseasons, Kap got -one- workout, in 2018 with Seattle, and they postponed it when he said he wouldn't stop kneeling.

#66 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:12 PM

I think it should be noted that, over two offseasons, Kap got -one- workout, in 2018 with Seattle, and they postponed it when he said he wouldn't stop kneeling.

Ah I was trying to remember who he came close with. I remember then someone tried to spin it like he said no cause he wouldn't take less than starting QB money. Shoulda known it was Pete Carroll. I feel like he's less afraid of the NFL machine than most.

@JeremyMStrain

#67 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:13 PM

What was the story with Kap and the Ravens?  Didn't it look like he might sign with them, but then his girlfriend tweeted that Ray Lewis was an Uncle Tom or something?

#68 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:19 PM

His people also turned down several requests or made ridiculous demands.

I suspect the case with many things, there are two sides to this stories, and the truth is in the middle.

He also changed the venue for one workout at the last second and several clubs missed it.

25 clubs was said to be at that 40 min workout.

This was last Nov.

#69 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:22 PM

What was the story with Kap and the Ravens?  Didn't it look like he might sign with them, but then his girlfriend tweeted that Ray Lewis was an Uncle Tom or something?

She tweeted, she called Ray Lewis an uncle tom and the Owner a racist.

#70 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:24 PM

That's Ray Lewis' opinion, and I believe (though someone can feel free to correct me) that nobody has corroborated that. I'll save my opinions of Ray, and whether he's telling the truth (no) for another time. ESPN reported that Biscotti was never on board and that Ozzie and Harbs were. Take that for what it's worth.

But in the timeline, before the tweet, they floated the issue to the fans in their forum and it was -heavily- panned by everyone. By the right because they swore they'd be done if the Ravens signed him, and by everybody else because SB was so incredibly tone-deaf. 

#71 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:26 PM

That's Ray Lewis' opinion, and I believe (though someone can feel free to correct me) that nobody has corroborated that. I'll save my opinions of Ray, and whether he's telling the truth (no) for another time. ESPN reported that Biscotti was never on board and that Ozzie and Harbs were. Take that for what it's worth.

But in the timeline, before the tweet, they floated the issue to the fans in their forum and it was -heavily- panned by everyone. By the right because they swore they'd be done if the Ravens signed him, and by everybody else because SB was so incredibly tone-deaf. 

https://www.outkick....ewis-uncle-tom/

pretty strong corroboration.

#72 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:32 PM

His people also turned down several requests or made ridiculous demands.

I suspect the case with many things, there are two sides to this stories, and the truth is in the middle.

He also changed the venue for one workout at the last second and several clubs missed it.

25 clubs was said to be at that 40 min workout.

This was last Nov.

Where are you getting this from? Outside of the AAF thing which was almost certainly said in jest (and Kap denies ever happened), he was making no demands. He and his agent both confirmed that. 

Also the workout was outside of the first two offseasons, which is what I was referring to. And I still believe the workout was made in bad faith, but that's another thing entirely.

#73 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:44 PM

https://www.outkick....ewis-uncle-tom/

pretty strong corroboration.

That's not corroboration that SB was on board, and suddenly was not due to this. That's literally an opinion piece from Clay Travis.

Again, ESPN said that SB was not on board. Whether that's 100% true or not, we'll never know; I dunno what is in that guys's heart. But it was reported for a reason.

IMO, the likely thing that happened (that I cannot corroborate at all because it's an educated guess) is that Ray was going to try to get Kap to stop kneeling so that the Ravens would sign him and so SB would feel better about signing him, Kap said no, the tweet came out, and Ray used that as cover. 

• BSLRoseKatz likes this

#74 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:47 PM

BTW I went back and read about the SB forum and I forgot how incredibly bad it was. Like, Ray Rice aside, it might be the single worst thing Biscotti has done as owner.

#75 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:49 PM

IMO, the likely thing that happened (that I cannot corroborate at all because it's an educated guess) is that Ray was going to try to get Kap to stop kneeling so that the Ravens would sign him and so SB would feel better about signing him, Kap said no, the tweet came out, and Ray used that as cover. 

This actually makes sense and would explain why Kap's girlfriend sent the tweet in the first place.

#76 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:51 PM

This actually makes sense and would explain why Kap's girlfriend sent the tweet in the first place.

It would also explain the Ray Lewis posturing in London. It all makes logical sense.

#77 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:52 PM

That's not corroboration that SB was on board, and suddenly was not due to this. That's literally an opinion piece from Clay Travis.

Again, ESPN said that SB was not on board. Whether that's 100% true or not, we'll never know; I dunno what is in that guys's heart. But it was reported for a reason.

It sounds like Ray was for the signing, until the GF got involved.

https://profootballt...gned-by-ravens/

There are multiple articles with nearly identical information on it.

#78 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:54 PM

I just can't believe that any person can honestly say he wasn't good enough to get a job after his last season.

I wish people would choose one of the following regarding this entire thread:

- stop telling on yourself

OR

- tell on yourself completely

#79 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

It sounds like Ray was for the signing, until the GF got involved.

https://profootballt...gned-by-ravens/

There are multiple articles with nearly identical information on it.

Do all of these articles use Ray Lewis as their sole source?

#80 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:59 PM

It would also explain the Ray Lewis posturing in London. It all makes logical sense.

I seen Ray quoted in another article that Kaep had told Lewis he was done with kneeing and wanted to play ball.

Then the GF tweets that the next day, and the rest is history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=