• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

#361 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 19 October 2022 - 10:52 AM

I don't read Law, I think he lacks credibility when it comes to the Orioles,  I also don't think it is realistic to expect Kjerstad who missed 2 years of baseball to be at the same level as Cowser.

Cowser was a year behind him, so instead of 2 years, being one year behind makes sense, and to be fair CC has moved at a very solid clip. If HK had missed two years, and then they were at the same level right now, it wouldn't really be surprising at all, but it would have to have been if Cowser had the slow year and HK had the fast one, it'd be a one year difference in pro development, those can go up or down pretty easy. So it's not as far off as you'd think, but HK was also very advanced for a college bat, had things broke right and he was less rusty (deservedly) when he hit A+ he could have hit Bowie at year end. I expect him to keep this Fall trend up, and if he can start drawing more walks to start next season in AA, I think we'll see him in AAA by midseason.

TLDR: If it was Cowser that had the slow year and HK tore the cover off the ball, they could have been right about the same point right now. But other way around so, CC is knocking on the ML door, and HK is probably going to start in AA and if things go like they are in Fall Ball will probably hit AAA by midseason.

@JeremyMStrain

#362 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 07:04 AM

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#363 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 October 2022 - 09:20 AM

It certainly looks like Kjerstad’s game is coming back to him.

@mikeghg

#364 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:23 AM

MASN: Opposing scout offers Kyle Schwarber comp on Heston Kjerstad

https://www.masnspor...heston-kjerstad

#365 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:26 PM

MASN: Opposing scout offers Kyle Schwarber comp on Heston Kjerstad

https://www.masnspor...heston-kjerstad

It is nice to see HK get extra at bats.  I think he will make more progress next year with a full spring training and then probably AA.  The best thing that happened this year was he got back on the field.  I am really rooting for this kid.

@mikeghg

#366 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 November 2022 - 07:56 PM

Kjerstad won AFL MVP.
  • Mike B, Mike in STL and makoman like this

#367 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 November 2022 - 08:33 PM

Kjerstad won AFL MVP.

That is a perfect end of the season for Kjerstad.  He goes into his off season feeling good about his game.

I watched the videos of him hitting.  The  bat speed is back

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#368 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 April 2023 - 12:16 PM

0 innings played in the OF so far, entirely 1B/DH at Bowie to start

she/her

#369 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 April 2023 - 12:21 PM

He better rocket his way up to the #1 prospect in baseball, or the Orioles are gonna eff around with him too when he's ready for the big leagues.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#370 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,593 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 07:52 AM

Started in RF and had another HR last night. Good to see the power coming back after it disappeared in Aberdeen last year.

3 HR in 29 PAs compared to 3 HR in 186 PAs.

#371 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:36 AM

Started in RF and had another HR last night. Good to see the power coming back after it disappeared in Aberdeen last year.

3 HR in 29 PAs compared to 3 HR in 186 PAs.

I'll defer to the prospect experts but I think Aberdeen has a pretty strong reputation for suppressing power at this point

she/her

#372 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 10:13 AM

I'll defer to the prospect experts but I think Aberdeen has a pretty strong reputation for suppressing power at this point

It does, but 3 HR in 213 PA is much more than just environment (gamelogs sum up to 213 A+ PAs, but overall stats only shows 186 PA, so something odd going on with his numbers).  Plenty of guys on his own team hit homers at higher rates and had higher ISO.

All the homers were on the road, as well.  If my counting and the source gamelogs are right, 104 PA at home with 0 HR and 109 PA on the road with 3.  Both numbers are bad for a power hitter.  So good to see him get it cranking again at Bowie.

#373 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 10:36 AM

I think there’s a more obvious explanation for why his power was missing last year.

#374 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 April 2023 - 11:47 AM

It is, but I think in part it was adjusting to the league and the rigors of being a baseball player again.

@mikeghg

#375 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 03:23 PM

This thread is so entertaining. So much fun to read the initial 5-7 pages. Kjerstad, Westburg, Mayo. Not to mention Haskin and Baumler. The 2020 draft looks like an epic fail. Not. LOL

#376 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 03:31 PM

This thread is so entertaining. So much fun to read the initial 5-7 pages. Kjerstad, Westburg, Mayo. Not to mention Haskin and Baumler. The 2020 draft looks like an epic fail. Not. LOL

Go read all the draft threads from the previous few years. Some people, mostly the same people in this thread losing their s**t over the guys we could potentially draft or the guys we ended up drafting. Entertaining as hell.

#377 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 04:55 PM

Go read all the draft threads from the previous few years. Some people, mostly the same people in this thread losing their s**t over the guys we could potentially draft or the guys we ended up drafting. Entertaining as hell.

The good news is that the usual crew will be back this year to say who we should have picked and how the Orioles messed it all up again. Some people never learn. At least it’s good for laughs.

#378 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 07:27 PM

Homered again. 3 games in a row, 5 on the year.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#379 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 10:12 AM

PressBox: Orioles OF Prospect Heston Kjerstad Got ‘Great Advice’ From This Veteran In Spring Training

https://pressboxonli...pring-training/

#380 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 01:26 PM

He needs to be in Norfolk by the end of the month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=