#10201 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:41 PM

Wow - AACPS has done a remarkably better job than MCPS - that's great to hear. 

I do think the JJ and the past several weeks of working through some of the hurdles means the logjam is about to be unclogged a bit. 

Mandy and I were both able to score appointments at the M&T site, her's on the 11th and mine on the 14th. So things are definitely getting better. Which means I won't EVER have to talk about this school madness again. I'm beyond exhausted man. This just sucks. And I see both sides of it very clearly, and it just sucks. 

It is great that you got M&T.  I tried but could not get one.  I have to go to Bowie, but it is well worth it.

@mikeghg

#10202 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:42 PM

How'd you score one? Are you in group 1C?

Yes, and through MD Vaccine Hunters. It seems the M&T site opens additional appointments at midnight.

#10203 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:52 PM

Yes, and through MD Vaccine Hunters. It seems the M&T site opens additional appointments at midnight.

I actually got up at 4 AM,  2 days last week to try to get M&T and no luck.  I think at this point it is still timing.  

@mikeghg

#10204 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:55 PM

I actually got up at 4 AM, 2 days last week to try to get M&T and no luck. I think at this point it is still timing.

We were alerted to new slots available at midnight Saturday night. I went online to sign up at 12:05 and half of the slots were already gone. It's like buying a PS5, which is absurd, but you have to jump on it right when it opens up.
  • Mike B likes this

#10205 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:07 PM

We were alerted to new slots available at midnight Saturday night. I went online to sign up at 12:05 and half of the slots were already gone. It's like buying a PS5, which is absurd, but you have to jump on it right when it opens up.

How do you even get registered? I think I might be in 1C but not positive. Also is this thru the state or the city? So confusing

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#10206 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:07 PM

I think the PS5 is harder to get at the moment.  Anyone on line trading a vaccine appointment for a PS5 or vice versa?

#10207 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:16 PM

How do you even get registered? I think I might be in 1C but not positive. Also is this thru the state or the city? So confusing

https://signupandsch...Wm5jm3zumvnDpS4

This is directly through UMUC. I think they run things through the Maryland Health Department, technically. But bottom line, go to this link, answer their short questionnaire, and it will tell you if any open appointments are available (likely not). 

Then follow MD Vaccine Hunters on Facebook, and they will alert you when new appointments become available.

As for if you're 1C, the CDC has a full list of essential workers broken down on their web-site. https://www.cdc.gov/...al-workers.html When there, do a Control + F for 92213x - I'm pretty sure that would be you, no? It's "Legal Counsel and Prosecution". There's also code 5411xx - "Legal Services". I'm almost positive you're 1C.

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#10208 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:31 PM

You’d think a lawyer who routinely rigs the fantasy draft yet comes in last place every year would know how to do this without you Ricker.

For realz, good luck Bop.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Pedro Cerrano and RShack like this

@fuzydunlop

#10209 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:34 PM

Im a Ic and registered with AA, they are still trying to get 1A & 1B done. They said Mid March or April, before they move onto 1c.

#10210 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,617 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:44 PM

I got a phone call from Upper Chesapeake last week to schedule something but had already got one so it seems like they’re finally catching up to 1C.

The good thing at my kids school is all teachers have been able to get both shots.

#10211 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:46 PM

Ricker the link just said "we can't find open appointments"

There was nothing for me to fill out...?

@bopper33

#10212 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:48 PM

Ricker the link just said "we can't find open appointments"

There was nothing for me to fill out...?

They must do the questionnaire later in the process. Refresh now, I see some open appts.

#10213 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,619 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:52 PM

They must do the questionnaire later in the process. Refresh now, I see some open appts.

Yea I saw that too but when I finally went to submit there was nothing.

If it's right that most open up at midnight I'll just try again then. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

@bopper33

#10214 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:52 PM

Yea I saw that too but when I finally went to submit there was nothing.

If it's right that most open up at midnight I'll just try again then.

Good luck, stick with it. Took me a few days. And follow that group on Facelife, they'll tell you when to check.

#10215 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:19 PM

A friend of mine is one of the monitors for one of the 5th grade classes that my oldest is in.  Obviously very small sample size but she says all the kids in there rather do school this way, masks and all than virtually.

#10216 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:48 PM

A friend of mine is one of the monitors for one of the 5th grade classes that my oldest is in.  Obviously very small sample size but she says all the kids in there rather do school this way, masks and all than virtually.

I mean, cause wouldn't the ones that would rather do virtual be at home and not in person to tell you they would rather be virtual?

60% of the county, even with all of the loud people pushing to be back opted to stay virtual.

There's no reason both sides can't get what they want, I just wish they would have asked more, and let the teachers who would rather go back go back, and let the ones (or at least most of them) that didn't stay virtual. It could have been done.

I don't really care as long as people aren't trying to force us to do something we don't want, and I wish more people would realize that it's not ok to push what THEY want because they think it's right. There's no right or wrong here. You wanna risk going back (and let me be clear, the risk I'm talking about is people sending their kids to school sick, and some others being more reckless and then going to school like they didn't do anything, if people would follow all the rules in place, I don't think there's much problem, but I've seen these people operate for years and don't believe for a single second that people aren't going to do it, some of them knowingly, because that's how school works every year.) I'm totally cool with that, but for us, who don't NEED to, we are totally fine here.

@JeremyMStrain

#10217 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:57 PM

I mean, cause wouldn't the ones that would rather do virtual be at home and not in person to tell you they would rather be virtual?

60% of the county, even with all of the loud people pushing to be back opted to stay virtual.

There's no reason both sides can't get what they want, I just wish they would have asked more, and let the teachers who would rather go back go back, and let the ones (or at least most of them) that didn't stay virtual. It could have been done.

I don't really care as long as people aren't trying to force us to do something we don't want, and I wish more people would realize that it's not ok to push what THEY want because they think it's right. There's no right or wrong here. You wanna risk going back (and let me be clear, the risk I'm talking about is people sending their kids to school sick, and some others being more reckless and then going to school like they didn't do anything, if people would follow all the rules in place, I don't think there's much problem, but I've seen these people operate for years and don't believe for a single second that people aren't going to do it, some of them knowingly, because that's how school works every year.) I'm totally cool with that, but for us, who don't NEED to, we are totally fine here.

I dont understand why they dont err on the side of caution and just write off this school year and bring them all back next Sept, conditions permitting.

Numbers are trending down. but people are still dying.

#10218 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:05 PM

I doubt that it's possible but I almost wonder if they could have done like a 2 week trial period.  Let the kids see what it's like, maybe some that wanted virtual would change their mind and prefer hybrid instead or some that originally wanted hybrid realized the mask thing isn't for them and change to virtual.

It was also interesting seeing the results of the county and the areas where those that chose hybrid was higher/lower than average.

The bolded is the big thing.  Everyone's situation is unique.  It's such a hot button topic, that I feel like there's this pressure on parents/teachers no matter how they decide.

#10219 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:12 PM

I dont understand why they dont err on the side of caution and just write off this school year and bring them all back next Sept, conditions permitting.

Numbers are trending down. but people are still dying.

Easily could have done that too at the point they are at (mid 3rd quarter) BUT I do understand the need to start to build this stuff out for the Fall. There are a bunch of kids out there where this situation, even with the risk of infection is more appealing than what they have at home right now. I'm not blind to that either. But the people that are loudly pushing for this ARE NOT those people. It's the white, affluent areas pushing to get their kids back, piggybacking on those kids that really need it. They try to act like they are speaking for those "poor kids who really need these services" but then you look at the rates of return and you see the title one schools are coming back at about 25 or 30% and the places like Severna Park are coming back in the 75% range. It's funny too, my favorite now, is when you bring this up to those fake people and ask them WHY the kids that need it the most aren't coming back in large clumps, they have zero clue. You'd think if they had been talking to these people and knew what they were supposedly pushing for, they'd know that right?

A lot of me thinks the warmer weather coming, combined with more people getting vaccinated is going to keep driving numbers down, and things will slowly keep shrinking...but then I think about sports all opening up, kids face to face at school, and a lot of these people we have to worry about not following safety rules are either people that won't vaccinate, or are in the final tier, and I worry there's another spike coming at some point. :( I hope not though.

• mweb08 likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#10220 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,752 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:19 PM

Jeremy, as far as the % of student/parents that didn't even respond to the survey do you think that was more of I'm sticking with hybrid and don't feel like taking the time to say that or sadly parents that aren't as informed that they had options?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=