#10001 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:12 PM

Did they call and make appointments? My wife is under the assumption from the places she's signed up at that they will call her when her name comes up. I feel like you probably need to proactively do this like it sounds like your family members did,

They made the appointments online.   They had also been on some of the waiting lists with the county health department and the vaccine clinic coming to the convention center.  Down the line as they catch up a bit I think that waiting to be contacted is an option, but for now proactive seems the way to go.

#10002 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:20 AM

CDC school re-openiing guidelines

All schools, the CDC says, can safely reopen for full in-person learning if they follow appropriate protocols and are located in communities that report fewer than 50 new cases per 100,000 residents over the past seven days and have a positivity rate lower than 8%...

Walensky noted that more than 90% of the K-12 schools in the country are currently in areas of high transmission....

Walensky urged states to give teachers and educational staff priority access to the vaccines.

the agency noted that the guidance might need to be updated as new, more contagious variants of the coronavirus spread across the U.S. 

American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten hailed the new guidance, saying that it should have been released 10 months ago.

https://www.cnbc.com...k-to-class.html

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#10003 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 February 2021 - 01:30 AM

I'm glad there are guidelines. Those numbers are insane to me, but I'm glad there is finally guidance. Guidance guided by capitalistic principles, but guidance nevertheless.

#10004 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,658 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 February 2021 - 07:10 PM

Finally was able to schedule my wife and I’s first shot for this Saturday at Walgreens.

Pretty smooth process. Appointments are spaced out enough that it was never crowded.

Only weird thing is they didn’t ask for ID or proof of eligibility so people could definitely take advantage of that.
  • DuffMan likes this

#10005 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:14 PM

Went and had my first test today.  i'd felt generally cruddy all weekend, some minor sore throat and congestion issues and slight cough.  Was certain I didn't have it (came back negative) but just wanted to be sure before going back in to work.  It was all pretty easy.

As far as the vaccinations go, I think in a weird way the trouble getting the vaccines is making people want it a bit more. You know, sort of how Nintendo purposely doesn't make enough consoles so the demand is high.  I don't think it's intentional, mind you, but I have seen a lot more people that were skeptical at first and are now trying to find how to get the vaccine.  Humans are so weird.

• You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan and tennOsfan like this

#10006 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:00 AM

Got my vaccine today. Easy stuff
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, Nigel Tufnel and 1 other like this

@fuzydunlop

#10007 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:57 AM

CDC school re-openiing guidelines

All schools, the CDC says, can safely reopen for full in-person learning if they follow appropriate protocols and are located in communities that report fewer than 50 new cases per 100,000 residents over the past seven days and have a positivity rate lower than 8%...

Walensky noted that more than 90% of the K-12 schools in the country are currently in areas of high transmission....

Walensky urged states to give teachers and educational staff priority access to the vaccines.

the agency noted that the guidance might need to be updated as new, more contagious variants of the coronavirus spread across the U.S. 

American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten hailed the new guidance, saying that it should have been released 10 months ago.

https://www.cnbc.com...k-to-class.html

Not like everything the CDC has posted previously was found to be 100% factual.

Sorry, if I am a doubting Thomas when they came safe to open.

#10008 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:58 AM

Got my vaccine today. Easy stuff

Through a pharmacy?

#10009 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:19 AM

Baltimore is ending the one hour limit on dining.

Baltimore to end one-hour time limit on city dining - Baltimore Sun

#10010 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:23 AM

Baltimore is ending the one hour limit on dining.

Baltimore to end one-hour time limit on city dining - Baltimore Sun

Good. Never really made much sense in the first place.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10011 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:15 AM

Most places did not seem to be following it either from what I've seen.

#10012 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:58 AM

Still have zero interest in eating inside myself, maybe this Summer.

#10013 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:55 AM

I've actually done the outdoor freeze your but off eating/drinking quite a few times. With you on the indoor dining, at least until I am fully vaccinated.

#10014 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:24 PM

Here's a random/funny question that popped up in a group text thread with some friends.   In the past 11+ months have you dropped a deuce anywhere besides your home?  And to prove I'm not above potty humor I'll answer as well.   I know of one instance when this happened (I was actually out on a run) to me.  Besides that I think it's all been at home

#10015 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:34 PM

We've ate inside repeatedly, never felt uncomfortable with it.  Every restaurant we've been to has had things well spaced out.  Guess it depends somewhat on what type of restaurant.  I wouldn't feel comfortable at a bar where there were lots of people around.

#10016 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:41 PM

Number of cases continue to plummet, at least according to the worldometers site.  Lowest 7-day average in the US since 10/31, lowest since 11/6 for MD.  Hospitalizations continue to drop in MD as well.  Encouraging to see in the dead of winter.  I guess the concern now is the new variants, as well as finding out how long the vaccine provides immunity for.

#10017 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:38 PM

Here's a random/funny question that popped up in a group text thread with some friends.   In the past 11+ months have you dropped a deuce anywhere besides your home?  And to prove I'm not above potty humor I'll answer as well.   I know of one instance when this happened (I was actually out on a run) to me.  Besides that I think it's all been at home

At work, before we closed back down again. But otherwise no!

#10018 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:00 AM

https://www.reuters....e-idUSKBN2AI0EC

Not a lot of meat to the article, but sounds like the gyst is this group is saying that people should be vaccinated only once for now, as once is highly effective and getting one shot in more people is better than getting two shots in less people

#10019 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,562 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:05 AM

I've seen a lot of that lately. I'll trust the scientists at these pharmaceuticals who made these drugs. I guess the new American way during a difficult logistical challenge is to find a shortcut, but I'd rather figure it out and have the vaccine work the way it was designed to.

#10020 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:18 AM

I've seen a lot of that lately. I'll trust the scientists at these pharmaceuticals who made these drugs. I guess the new American way during a difficult logistical challenge is to find a shortcut, but I'd rather figure it out and have the vaccine work the way it was designed to.

I don't think it's a "shortcut" if it's a more efficient way to end the pandemic.

I do agree with you though, ultimately this was one study and those that developed the vaccine would be the best to know.  But hypothetically if 1 dose is 90% effective but 2 doses is 96% effective, what is the more efficient use of the doses?  That's for people more knowledgeable than us to decide for sure.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=