Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:18 AM

UMTerps: Early-Season Maryland Football Game Info Announced

Maryland's Week 1 matchup against Northwestern will kick off at 7:30 PM on Saturday, October 24.
The Week 2 game against Minnesota will kick off at 7:30 PM on Friday, October 30.

I like the night time games, but if there are premier matchups on other channels, it is going to be hard to stay on the Maryland games.

@mikeghg

#82 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,433 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

I like the night time games, but if there are premier matchups on other channels, it is going to be hard to stay on the Maryland games.

You needn't worry about conflicting games on the 30th. It's a Friday, and unless you love Conference USA football, you're in the clear. And besides Michigan vs Minnesota, there probably won't be anything else that enticing on the 24th either.

#83 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:22 PM

Maryland's game at Penn State on November 7th will kick off at 3:30 PM and be televised on BTN.

@BSLZackKiesel

#84 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:32 PM

IMO, every game you play, there is a range of outcomes. 

You don't get to play games 100x, but that's how I look at games. 

10/24 @ Northwestern   NW will be favored... and imo 60-65% of the time, NW probably wins. If you have a 35-40% chance at winning, that's more than a punchers chance. 

10/31 Minnesota    At home, MD might still be a dog.. but Minnesota should be favored no more than 55-60%.  So, I'd expect MD to win 40-45% of the time at home. 

11/7 @ Penn State    In '20, PSU probably wins this game 95 times or more?

11/14 Ohio State   Same thing, OSU wins this game 95x or more.  (Of course just 2 years ago, you had a chance.) 

11/21 Michigan State   I think this is close to a pick'em.  MD maybe slightly favored at home. 

11/28 @ Indiana     Indiana favored... maybe 55%. 

12/5 @ Michigan   Michigan should win, especially at home.  But I'm thinking more 75-80% vs. 95% and above. It would be an unexpected upset, but not completely unfathomable to me. 

12/12 Rutgers    Maryland at home should win this game, 75-80% of the time.  Rutgers with the possibility of playing up, and MD certainly with the ability to play down.

Losing at NW could have been acceptable. Getting destroyed and looking that inept was disappointing. 

Also changes my % odds. 

10/31 Minnesota    Minnesota 90%+ 

11/7 @ Penn State    PSU 99.9%. 

11/14 Ohio State   OSU 99.9%.

11/21 Michigan State   Still a pick'em. Probably MD's current best chance at a win. 

11/28 @ Indiana     Indiana 85%. Maybe that undersells the Hoosiers and oversells MD. 

12/5 @ Michigan   Michigan 95%

12/12 Rutgers    Maybe slightly MD. Maybe not.

#85 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,549 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:31 PM

1-7.

Will beat either Michigan State or Rutgers.

Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan will bludgeon us.

Friday against Minnesota we have no prayer, but might be able to lose "respectably"

@ Indiana is a loss.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#86 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:51 AM

So, even if they had lost Friday night... MD belonged on the field with Minnesota. That was what was missing and disappointing about the loss at NW. 

The next two weeks (@Penn State, Ohio State) are going to be rough. 
Do have some hope now that MD can put some points on Penn State.... but zero expectation of the Terps slowing down the Nittany Lions or Buckeyes. 

If they play like they did Friday though, in every game after the next two weeks (Michigan State, @Indiana, @Michigan, Rutgers).... MD has a chance (can debate how much, but at least a shot). 

If there is some consistent offensive production the rest of the way and you couple that with the defensive players coming in... there'd be some optimism going into '21. 

#87 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:16 AM

I don't think they have a shot at Michigan. The others, yes.

#88 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,433 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:22 AM

Probably not a good shot at Indiana either. If they can go 3-5, and look more respectable in the losses than last week, that would be a relative success for where they are.

#89 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:37 AM

ESPN: The Tua and Taulia Tagovailoa tour: Four days, three states, two wins and one unforgettable weekend
https://www.espn.com...ettable-weekend

#90 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:53 AM

So, even if they had lost Friday night... MD belonged on the field with Minnesota. That was what was missing and disappointing about the loss at NW. 

The next two weeks (@Penn State, Ohio State) are going to be rough. 
Do have some hope now that MD can put some points on Penn State.... but zero expectation of the Terps slowing down the Nittany Lions or Buckeyes. 

If they play like they did Friday though, in every game after the next two weeks (Michigan State, @Indiana, @Michigan, Rutgers).... MD has a chance (can debate how much, but at least a shot). 

If there is some consistent offensive production the rest of the way and you couple that with the defensive players coming in... there'd be some optimism going into '21. 

The PSU game is going to be a good test.  Maryland needs to stop getting beat in embarassing fashion every time they face a good team. PSU has to be motivated.  They are 0-2, and I am sure they see Maryland as a chance to get healthy.  Recruits see, some of the embarassing games the Terps take part in, it has to steer some away.  A good showing against PSU, IMO will signal progress.  

@mikeghg

#91 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:55 AM

The PSU game is going to be a good test.  Maryland needs to stop getting beat in embarassing fashion every time they face a good team. PSU has to be motivated.  They are 0-2, and I am sure they see Maryland as a chance to get healthy.  Recruits see, some of the embarassing games the Terps take part in, it has to steer some away.  A good showing against PSU, IMO will signal progress.  

Get some turnovers.  Score some points. 

• Mike B likes this

#92 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:06 AM

If Taulia plays like he did Friday they can hang with any team. Penn State is favored by 25. If he’s the real deal maybe they lose 52-45, rather than 63-7. An actual QB which MD hasn’t had in a long time is all you need in the college game to have an 8-10 win season, and pull off an upset along the way.
@BSLMikeRandall

#93 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:14 AM

Former Maryland DB William Likely III tweeted just now that he'll be a volunteer member of the coaching staff for the remainder of the 2020 season.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#94 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:18 AM

If Taulia plays like he did Friday they can hang with any team. Penn State is favored by 25. If he’s the real deal maybe they lose 52-45, rather than 63-7. An actual QB which MD hasn’t had in a long time is all you need in the college game to have an 8-10 win season, and pull off an upset along the way.

If you had league average lines, I'd agree. 

Starting O-line showed some positives vs. Minnesota.  Maybe they can hold up (depth a concern). 

D-line definitely below average.  Good thing a strong class is coming, though disappointing to see Bradley decommit. 

#95 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:11 PM

For the most part I agree.  The Oline makes it a lot easier for Taulia to play like he is capable.

Taulia being good, also makes the game more enjoyable.

25 seems like a lot but I have thought that in regards to Maryland before.

@mikeghg

#96 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:12 PM

Former Maryland DB William Likely III tweeted just now that he'll be a volunteer member of the coaching staff for the remainder of the 2020 season.

I thought Likely might make it in the NFL as a return guy.  I think the injury may have done him in.

@mikeghg

#97 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 November 2020 - 03:16 PM

Wrote about how Maryland should go for it more often as long as the defense is going to be this bad 

https://baltimorespo...-be-aggressive/

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLZackKiesel like this

she/her

#98 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 November 2020 - 02:07 PM

Maryland has snuck into the receiving votes part of the AP Top 25 

https://apnews.com/h..._source=Twitter

she/her

#99 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:47 PM

UMTerps: Hoke Named Broyles Award Nominee

https://umterps.com/...rd-nominee.aspx

University of Maryland defensive coordinator Jon Hoke has been named a nominee for the 2020 Broyles Award, which honors college football's top assistant coach.

In his second season at the helm of Maryland's defense, Hoke has improved the Terrapins in a number of areas. Maryland is allowing 8.6 fewer points per game in Big Ten contests this season and 73 fewer passing yards per game. The Terps boast a top-five pass defense in the conference, allowing just 214.0 yards per game through the air this season.

In just four games played this year, Maryland already has as many sacks as it had in all nine Big Ten games last year. The Terps had seven sacks in a win over Penn State on November 7, the most in a game for a Maryland team since 2016 and the most for the Terps in a conference road game since 2013.

Hoke is one of 56 nominees from over 1,200 assistant coaches across the country.

@BSLZackKiesel

#100 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 06:41 AM

Maryland has snuck into the receiving votes part of the AP Top 25

https://apnews.com/h..._source=Twitter

Did you misread Marshall as Maryland?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors