#141 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:05 PM

OL Tyran Hunt has transferred to Old Dominion.
@BSLZackKiesel

#142 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 December 2020 - 10:18 PM

DB Tahj Capehart has entered the transfer portal.
@BSLZackKiesel

#143 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:00 PM

LB Cortez Andrews has entered the transfer portal.
@BSLZackKiesel

#144 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,711 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:03 PM

Awful lot of unhappy guys.

Trying to imagine the process here as they trickle out day-to-day.

Are the coaches going through 1x1 year end meetings and showing some of these guys the door?
Or are the players looking around each day and seeing another friend leaving, and saying it's also time to go?

Weird to me, because felt like the program took steps here, and is ready to take further steps next year.

Guess with Football you have so many guys, never going to have everyone be happy. Or they might even enjoy it, but there can be other things going on. School, new goals, desire for playing time, wanting to be closer to family, etc. etc.

#145 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:31 PM

Are the coaches going through 1x1 year end meetings and showing some of these guys the door?
Or are the players looking around each day and seeing another friend leaving, and saying it's also time to go?

Weird to me, because felt like the program took steps here, and is ready to take further steps next year.

Guess with Football you have so many guys, never going to have everyone be happy. Or they might even enjoy it, but there can be other things going on. School, new goals, desire for playing time, wanting to be closer to family, etc. etc.

I am going to wait to see who comes in the door before drawing too many conclusions, but when you have an open door, players may leave for reasons not directly connected to football.
@mikeghg

#146 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:36 PM

Has anyone followed how this compares to the rest of the Big Ten? Feel like it's one of those things where you need to have a baseline of a normal amount of transfers to know what's a cause for panic and what's pretty normal. 

she/her

#147 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 December 2020 - 05:39 PM

Guess with Football you have so many guys, never going to everyone be happy. Or they might even enjoy it, but there can be other things going on.  School, new goals, desire for playing time, wanting to be closer to family, etc. etc. 

I think a lot of it has to do with who was signed for next year. Some of it is the strange transfer rules and guys trying to take advantage of the covid year. And I think some of it has to do with COVID itself. If guys didn't feel like the team did a good job of trying to keep them safe...I mean, there were a LOT of outbreaks among the football team. And it's a lot more than just the ones you heard about during the season...preseason when things were shut down it was pretty bad I've heard.

This year took a big toll on everyone, like you said, I'm sure all those things figure in some, and with being isolated and having such a weird year in the B10, I'm sure there are more transfers across the board than usual.

@JeremyMStrain

#148 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,277 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 December 2020 - 10:37 PM

I used to think it was 95% about either playing time or a new coaching staff you just don't click with. But as you state in your last paragraph, there could be all sorts of non-football reasons in play. I think loosening up the transfer restrictions is a good thing, but the by-product is that we'll have to get used to seeing this sort of offseason movement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=