147 replies to this topic

#61 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 August 2020 - 11:16 PM

I think CFB is kidding themselves.   If I did not know collegiate sports, was all about the students, I would swear it is all about the money.

Especially when all the non-athlete students are off campus taking classes remotely because it’s not safe for them to be there.

#62 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 06:52 AM

Losing Jordan and Fontaine is huge. Losing Jackson is frankly addition by subtraction. But I still can't imagine they'll play at all.

#63 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:13 AM

OL Johnny Jordan, who had originally opted out of the 2020 season, has opted back in. Big news for the Terps, who regain their starting center. No word yet on the other 5 players who had opted out.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#64 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:57 PM

OL Johnny Jordan, who had originally opted out of the 2020 season, has opted back in. Big news for the Terps, who regain their starting center. No word yet on the other 5 players who had opted out.

That is good news.  I think some hopefully have realized if you follow the right protocols you have a better chance of staying healthy.

@mikeghg

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:17 AM

10/24 @ Northwestern
10/31 Minnesota
11/7 @ Penn State

11/14 Ohio State

11/21 Michigan State

11/28 @ Indiana

12/5 @ Michigan 

12/12 Rutgers

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#66 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:22 AM

10/24 @ Northwestern
10/31 Minnesota
11/7 @ Penn State

I don't think 1-2 is going to get them into the prestigious Idaho Potato Bowl. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:46 AM

I don't think 1-2 is going to get them into the prestigious Idaho Potato Bowl. 

Disappointment of the year is the missed opportunity of putting a 70 spot on Towson.

An 8 game all Big Ten schedule probably won't go particularly well for the '20 Terps... but if Locksley keeps stacking classes, better times coming soon.

I think there are 6 winnable games on the schedule.  

Can't expect to win at Penn State or Ohio State.  Every other game, you have a chance. Even at Michigan. 

I'd like to show better vs. Penn State this year, been embarrassed multiple times. Show up. 

Really would like to win the first 2 games. 2 good coaches with those programs. Can win both, can lose both.
Need to beat Michigan State at home. 
Indiana has been a good series for MD. At Indiana, MD will be underdogs, but that is winnable, and a swing game. 
No excuses, need to beat Rutgers at home. 

#68 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:20 PM

Glad we went through months of being unsure if the Big Ten would play football to get that big opening game in Evanston lol

she/her

#69 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:13 PM

They're going 0-8. And unfortunately, that doesn't give them the #1 overall pick in next year's Big Ten draft. 

#70 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,472 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:15 PM

Disappointment of the year is the missed opportunity of putting a 70 spot on Towson.

An 8 game all Big Ten schedule probably won't go particularly well for the '20 Terps... but if Locksley keeps stacking classes, better times coming soon.

I think there are 6 winnable games on the schedule.  

Can't expect to win at Penn State or Ohio State.  Every other game, you have a chance. Even at Michigan. 

I'd like to show better vs. Penn State this year, been embarrassed multiple times. Show up. 

Really would like to win the first 2 games. 2 good coaches with those programs. Can win both, can lose both.
Need to beat Michigan State at home. 
Indiana has been a good series for MD. At Indiana, MD will be underdogs, but that is winnable, and a swing game. 
No excuses, need to beat Rutgers at home. 

I want whatever you've been having. 

#71 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:39 PM

I want whatever you've been having. 

IMO, every game you play, there is a range of outcomes. 

You don't get to play games 100x, but that's how I look at games. 

10/24 @ Northwestern   NW will be favored... and imo 60-65% of the time, NW probably wins. If you have a 35-40% chance at winning, that's more than a punchers chance. 

10/31 Minnesota    At home, MD might still be a dog.. but Minnesota should be favored no more than 55-60%.  So, I'd expect MD to win 40-45% of the time at home. 

11/7 @ Penn State    In '20, PSU probably wins this game 95 times or more?

11/14 Ohio State   Same thing, OSU wins this game 95x or more.  (Of course just 2 years ago, you had a chance.) 

11/21 Michigan State   I think this is close to a pick'em.  MD maybe slightly favored at home. 

11/28 @ Indiana     Indiana favored... maybe 55%. 

12/5 @ Michigan   Michigan should win, especially at home.  But I'm thinking more 75-80% vs. 95% and above. It would be an unexpected upset, but not completely unfathomable to me. 

12/12 Rutgers    Maryland at home should win this game, 75-80% of the time.  Rutgers with the possibility of playing up, and MD certainly with the ability to play down.

• You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this

#72 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:21 PM

IMO, every game you play, there is a range of outcomes. 

You don't get to play games 100x, but that's how I look at games. 

10/24 @ Northwestern   NW will be favored... and imo 60-65% of the time, NW probably wins. If you have a 35-40% chance at winning, that's more than a punchers chance. 

10/31 Minnesota    At home, MD might still be a dog.. but Minnesota should be favored no more than 55-60%.  So, I'd expect MD to win 40-45% of the time at home. 

11/7 @ Penn State    In '20, PSU probably wins this game 95 times or more?

11/14 Ohio State   Same thing, OSU wins this game 95x or more.  (Of course just 2 years ago, you had a chance.) 

11/21 Michigan State   I think this is close to a pick'em.  MD maybe slightly favored at home. 

11/28 @ Indiana     Indiana favored... maybe 55%. 

12/5 @ Michigan   Michigan should win, especially at home.  But I'm thinking more 75-80% vs. 95% and above. It would be an unexpected upset, but not completely unfathomable to me. 

12/12 Rutgers    Maryland at home should win this game, 75-80% of the time.  Rutgers with the possibility of playing up, and MD certainly with the ability to play down.

Good breakdown.  sort of like the Orioles season.  Let’s be glad we have games to watch, hope for the best health wise, on and off the field, and let the young players get some snaps.

@mikeghg

#73 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:21 PM

2-3 wins would be good.

@mikeghg

#74 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

Lol. They held Florida to 38. Who would otherwise put a 70 spot on MD.
@BSLMikeRandall

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 04:41 PM

Lol. They held Florida to 38. Who would otherwise put a 70 spot on MD.

Towson is good for what they are.  A competitive CAA and FCS team.  Ambrose has built a decent program, and if the University / Alumni ever cared... it has the potential to be a very good FCS team. 

But it would have been fun to see MD and Towson play, and remind TU they have maybe 2-3 players who'd be in Maryland's 2 deep. 

#76 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:50 PM

IMS: Locksley talks QB battle, youth, team's mindset
https://247sports.co...ovid-151870147/

#77 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:58 PM

10/24 @ Northwestern
10/31 Minnesota
11/7 @ Penn State

11/14 Ohio State

11/21 Michigan State

11/28 @ Indiana

12/5 @ Michigan 

12/12 Rutgers

They can beat Rutgers. If healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Michigan St. 2-6 is the same winning percentage as 3-9, so it's pretty much last season all over again. At least the players will get some games under their belt.

Hopefully get COVID under control and have a real season in 2021. That is when Locksley and the Terps need to show progress on the scoreboard, which was the same expectation all along.

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 08:43 PM

Testudo Times: Breaking down Maryland football’s 2020 schedule
https://www.testudot...s-mike-locksley

#79 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 October 2020 - 12:36 PM

UMTerps: Early-Season Maryland Football Game Info Announced

Maryland's Week 1 matchup against Northwestern will kick off at 7:30 PM on Saturday, October 24.
The Week 2 game against Minnesota will kick off at 7:30 PM on Friday, October 30.

@BSLZackKiesel

#80 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 October 2020 - 03:28 PM

Two primetime games to start the season will be significantly weirder than no fans

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=