2994 replies to this topic

#2921 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:18 AM

Speaking of the WFT they weren't the lowest rated DVOA team to make the playoffs. No, it wasn't the Bears either.

#2922 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:26 AM

The Ravens were not going to sign Antonio Brown. They have stayed away from guys with domestic violence issues since the Ray Rice debacle. I want no parts of Antonio Brown.

Dez punched his mother. I don't know if the definition of domestic violence is a person you're in an intimate relationship with? Either way, you don't do it.

I liked what Ricker said, don't judge a person by their worst moment. While he's been a jerk on the field most of his career, he's coming around on that front since he seems loved in this locker room and is appreciative of the Ravens giving him an opportunity. Seems more mature, and if the mom incident is his worst moment, the rest of it being an immature attitude that he's grown out of, I can live with signing him. I could live with Ray Rice being a part of the team again in a coaching role since his playing days are done.

But Antonio Brown is still repeatedly doing ridiculous things.

@BSLMikeRandall

#2923 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:44 AM

Speaking of the WFT they weren't the lowest rated DVOA team to make the playoffs. No, it wasn't the Bears either.

Come on, man. Don't leave us waiting!

#2924 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:46 AM

Titans?

#2925 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:47 AM

Dez punched his mother. I don't know if the definition of domestic violence is a person you're in an intimate relationship with? Either way, you don't do it.

I liked what Ricker said, don't judge a person by their worst moment. While he's been a jerk on the field most of his career, he's coming around on that front since he seems loved in this locker room and is appreciative of the Ravens giving him an opportunity. Seems more mature, and if the mom incident is his worst moment, the rest of it being an immature attitude that he's grown out of, I can live with signing him. I could live with Ray Rice being a part of the team again in a coaching role since his playing days are done.

I forgot about Bryant being accused of hitting his mother. I am not defending his actions, but the charges were dropped. I agree that it's unfair to judge a person by their worst action or moment. We have all had them to a degree.

Ray Rice has paid the price for his worst moment being caught on tape. In addition to having a litany of complaints filed against him by women, Brown has been a distraction in Pittsburgh and Oakland. I really think the guy needs professional help more than he needs to play football.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#2926 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:56 AM

I thought you guys would throw out some guesses. Its the Browns. 18th overall. They were 21st last week! They gave up more points than they scored, played a very weak schedule, and have a poor defense and ST .

Btw the Chiefs are one of the highest overperforming teams according to Pythagoren of all time. They won 14 games but Pytho only has them at 10.7. They also finished 6th overall in DVOA behind the Bills. Baltimore was 7th.

#2927 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:59 AM

Titans?

Tenn was 14th. Chicago 15 and Was 16th.

#2928 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:23 AM

I thought you guys would throw out some guesses. Its the Browns. 18th overall. They were 21st last week! They gave up more points than they scored, played a very weak schedule, and have a poor defense and ST .

Btw the Chiefs are one of the highest overperforming teams according to Pythagoren of all time. They won 14 games but Pytho only has them at 10.7. They also finished 6th overall in DVOA behind the Bills. Baltimore was 7th.

LOL, sorry. I would have guessed Tennessee, FWIW

#2929 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:28 AM

The Chiefs have quietly been pretty lackluster since November 1st, at least by their standards and by the numbers only (disclosure: I have not watched them since our game). Seems like they turn it up for a half then do a lot of coasting to just barely beat some bad teams (and some good ones were in there too I admit). If we're lucky enough to get them next week I hope they need a quarter or three to get back into top gear.

#2930 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, the one plus about Dez was that it was 8 years ago. A person can change a lot in that time, and I'm sure the team made every effort to determine what kind of person 2020 Dez is before they signed him, he was around the team a lot in August too if I recall. It wasn't long ago Bisciotti had a clear no DV policy, not sure if it was still in place or decided case by case or what. I could have understood a blanket no or a case by case thing.

Brown's craziness has largely still been going on in the past two years. A lot harder to argue he's a new man. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#2931 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:38 PM

DVOA needs to go back to the drawing board if KC is behind anyone. That's ridiculous.

#2932 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:42 PM

DVOA needs to go back to the drawing board if KC is behind anyone. That's ridiculous.

Its flawed but as someone pointed out above KC has been sputtering a bit of late and Im not factoring in their last loss at all. I honestly believe Buf is playing better than them right now in the AFC.

#2933 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:53 PM

Its flawed but as someone pointed out above KC has been sputtering a bit of late and Im not factoring in their last loss at all. I honestly believe Buf is playing better than them right now in the AFC.

They aren't sputtering, they're just bored. They are clearly the #1 team. 

As well as Buffalo is playing, and I'm a big believer that Allen and that offense is genuine and can beat anyone - that defense is awfully susceptible and any given game can give up a boat load of points and yards. That's going to be their fatal flaw.

#2934 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 January 2021 - 03:05 PM

They aren't sputtering, they're just bored. They are clearly the #1 team. 

As well as Buffalo is playing, and I'm a big believer that Allen and that offense is genuine and can beat anyone - that defense is awfully susceptible and any given game can give up a boat load of points and yards. That's going to be their fatal flaw.

If they're playing bored then it would probably negatively affect their DVOA...

#2935 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:31 PM

I think we can all agree on Brady due to his run and New England ties. But, you have to admire his conditioning and performance level for being 43
Roll Tide

#2936 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:40 PM

I think we can all agree on Brady due to his run and New England ties. But, you have to admire his conditioning and performance level for being 43

Brady is the best QB who has ever served a league suspension for breaking the rules. TB12 has likely used PEDs to keep his performance level up. I hope he gets sacked ten times this weekend.

#2937 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:41 PM

Brady is the best QB who has ever served a league suspension for breaking the rules. TB12 has likely used PEDs to keep his performance level up. I hope he gets sacked ten times this weekend.

I don't like putting the onus on the accused to prove he's innocent, so I'm going to go with clean until proven not.

#2938 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:21 PM

I don't like putting the onus on the accused to prove he's innocent, so I'm going to go with clean until proven not.

He's rumored to be on a very strict diet from what I've read.

https://www.vox.com/...diet-book-water

Roll Tide

#2939 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

Fair enough, he's still best QB ever to be suspended by the NFL for cheating and I hope he gets sacked 12 times this weekend.
  • makoman likes this

#2940 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 07:35 PM

It took him a good chunk of the season but I'd say in the last month or so, he's been looking as good as he ever has. To be playing at that level at 43 years old is amazing to me.  Maybe he's gotten some pharmaceutical assistance but there's no denying his dedication to fitness and diet.  Instead of people ragging on him, maybe most of us should use him as an example of what we can achieve with our bodies instead of adding to mounting obesity rate in this Country.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=